The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Should I trade my MPC3000 for a PC with a cope of Maschine? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th January 2017
I think the point is, or mine anyway, that the MPC 3000 is a classic, also its worth quite a bit, and the OP is unsure of the swap. If that was the case Id just save up my pennies for maschine. They can be bought used with a license transfer for a few hundred bucks with little to be lost on resell. I still rock a mk1 and Ive seen these go at around $200. Or wait and see whats happenening with the sequencer update...or even how they are going to expand with Jam which would give and alternative workflow to the MPC.

Better still see where Akai are heading with their new versions, might be worth using the 3000 to finance an MPX??
Old 9th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
God damn this thread is ending up with people being sensible with each other

I'm agreeing with too much here, is this the wrong GS?

Good points and a decent discussion being had

Question is : will their new flagship be any good? It'd be nice and i hope so.
Well as the software stands their sequencer is already better than Maschine, and version 2 will offer unlimited audio tracks, something Maschine wont.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search