The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
January 2017 New Gear Thread
Old 19th January 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
I didn't want to brag about my size...
maurice joshua once did...
Old 19th January 2017
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Nice. Don't forget if you need extra channels that super cheap ADA 8200 thing isn't that bad. Tested it against ProTools ADC and not bad at all. Don't expect some beefy sound though, more on the transparent side of things i.e. garbage in = garbage out.
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Also swapped out my two Alyseum AL-88c (decided I didn't really want to mess with CopperLAN) for their brand new U3-88c (same thing over high-speed USB3).
I think you could find some buyers for the AL-88c's....hint hint...If you were in the US I'd make an offer. Alyseum's sudden dropping on the copperlan products caught a number of us off guard.
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

I'm going for Ferrofish A32... when I save up. Will hook it up over MADI. Don't like ADA8200 having inputs in front, I need them in the back.

@ abruzzi - already sold the AL-88c's.
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm going for Ferrofish A32... when I save up. Will hook it up over MADI. Don't like ADA8200 having inputs in front, I need them in the back.

@ abruzzi - already sold the AL-88c's.
That's cool. I have 3, which covers my studio, but I kind of wanted a fourth for expansion, or portable use. I'll keep on watching for them to show up on eBay or reverb.
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Nice. Don't forget if you need extra channels that super cheap ADA 8200 thing isn't that bad. Tested it against ProTools ADC and not bad at all. Don't expect some beefy sound though, more on the transparent side of things i.e. garbage in = garbage out.
Good to hear you say this as I was looking to get one to expand my UFX, but found some mixed reviews on it.
Old 19th January 2017
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
Good to hear you say this as I was looking to get one to expand my UFX, but found some mixed reviews on it.
Specwise it is near perfect:
Behringer Ultragain ADA 8200 |

...which is probably the reason some might not like its "sound". As i've mentioned earlier, garbage in = garbage out. No cheating like on a setup with high grade audio transformers and nice op amps.
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

That's all I want, all I'm doing is trying to get everything as cleanly into (and out of) Ableton as possible!
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

It's been a heckuva month.

Started off buying some Roland Aira modules on clearance here in Canada (3 demoras, 1 scooper)

Then I decided I needed not one but two 0 Coasts to have fun with each other and the rest of my stuff. Those arrived this week and theyre great.

And finally I FINALLY came across a SVC-350 at a price I was willing to pay and that arrived and works great.

So yeah its been a pretty good month. All the stuff really ties the rest of the studio together and hopefully Im done for awhile. Because Im pretty damn broke.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

This warms my Metal heart!

Will probably mod the $#%@ out of it cuz I cant leave well enough alone..
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Triple sloth

Old 21st January 2017
It's been a minute since my trigger finger itched, but I just couldn't help it this time. I had gotten a Matrix-1000 a few years ago and it had some deep issues that led it to freeze up constantly, until it finally stopped powering up altogether. I only had it for a few months and have yearned for it ever since. Then this little slice of heaven strolled by.

I definitely need to get the 2.14 chip in this guy, but you can still coax some great realtime mojo out of it with 2.13. My Novation 61SL handles it like a champ, and special thanks to the homie redroom1410 for the neatly assembled code on an old thread.

It's really a nice foil for the MKS-70.
Attached Thumbnails
January  2017 New Gear Thread-img_0228.jpg  
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

I missed out on a Matrix-6 keyboard for $300 about 7 years back... I had bought a JX-3P instead... now I love how the JX sounds but the very very basic MIDI means it never really gets used in my live stuff. Back when I sequenced from the PC I would just dedicate a whole MIDI output for the JX, but since I'm using a hardware sequencer it never gets used. I know you can turn off the omni with the midi out connected to the input... but to have to to that every time I turn it on is really annoying.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
I missed out on a Matrix-6 keyboard for $300 about 7 years back... I had bought a JX-3P instead... now I love how the JX sounds but the very very basic MIDI means it never really gets used in my live stuff. Back when I sequenced from the PC I would just dedicate a whole MIDI output for the JX, but since I'm using a hardware sequencer it never gets used. I know you can turn off the omni with the midi out connected to the input... but to have to to that every time I turn it on is really annoying.
Guess this is OT but have you tried using the 3p's internal sequencer with external triggers? I kind of miss having a JX, the polyphonic sequencing was pretty fun.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by booksy View Post
Guess this is OT but have you tried using the 3p's internal sequencer with external triggers? I kind of miss having a JX, the polyphonic sequencing was pretty fun.
Yes I have... but having to use the tape output to save the sequence is not something I ever want to have to do.
Old 21st January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Triple sloth

looking great, did you try it out, any thoughts?

i had plans for regular sloth and the super sloth , the 15sec and 15min cycle versions, respectively. but this seems like an upgrade of sorts?
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
looking great, did you try it out, any thoughts?

i had plans for regular sloth and the super sloth , the 15sec and 15min cycle versions, respectively. but this seems like an upgrade of sorts?
Got no rack space for it at the moment so only powered it up and LEDs changing colour as expected, I have friends around Friday for a jam so I'll be using it then.

For what it is the build was well worth the Time/Money/Effort.
Old 21st January 2017
Here for the gear
Got me a Virus Kb, Minilogue, MOXF6, CZ3000, a Motu MIDI lite 5, Scarlett 18i6 and have the trigger almost pulled on a Q rack, a Nova and a K5000. My wife is furious
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

This came in the mail today.
Attached Thumbnails
January  2017 New Gear Thread-img_3401.jpg  
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonkoryu View Post
Got me a Virus Kb, Minilogue, MOXF6, CZ3000, a Motu MIDI lite 5, Scarlett 18i6 and have the trigger almost pulled on a Q rack, a Nova and a K5000. My wife is furious
What a first post!
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
What a first post!
ha. yeah, has a little bit of everything... the gear, more gear, the trigger finger g.a.s., AND the missus...
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
If your wife isn't furious you're not doing it right.

Last edited by kslight; 21st January 2017 at 11:36 PM..
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Give her the cost of all the things you didn't buy, so she'll see how good you were

(that never works BTW, though it should
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
I know you can turn off the omni with the midi out connected to the input... but to have to to that every time I turn it on is really annoying.
Oh, it IS annoying and was the main reason I sold it. Between that, the synths that couldn't memorize MIDI channels, and a DK600 that needed a MIDI filter that had to be programmed every time to make it not respond strictly to omni, it was taking about ten minutes to get everything set up in the synth department before I could even start sequencing.
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

I'd sell my JX-3P and buy an analog poly with better MIDI implementation but the shipping would be insane... It came with a hard case so it would be safe but still. So there aren't any MIDI devices that can filter out every channel but one so I can use my JX? One that saves the configuration so I don't have to touch it again?

I guess I can swap my HS-80 (even though most of the keys don't work, the MIDI does) in the place that my JX-3P is sitting.

It would get more use, but I'd would not have a 2 OSC analog poly to play with. But it doesn't get used anyway... hmm.
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

At last....

I've been holding out for one of these polyphonic analog beauties that was in excellent condition, hopefully with a new membrane panel, some pedals and other extras would be nice...oh well, maybe someday, right?

But ZING...guess who just swept me off my feet tonight! Oh, she may have been a little more than I would have liked, but after waiting this long I don't really mind, since she's so perfect, came with a great dowry, and I think we will be together for a long, long time....

Old 22nd January 2017
Ham
Lives for gear

Did rme announce a new product or is there some great sale ATM ? Loads of people buying interfaces this month.
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

RME announced UFX II. No sales otherwise.
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

I didn't spot any RME sales - I've been on the hunt for months, maybe a few more for sale second hand because it's that skint time of year?
Old 22nd January 2017
WDM
Lives for gear

got me a little bro for my minilogue
Attached Thumbnails
January  2017 New Gear Thread-korg_monologue_01.jpg  
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search