The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
January 2017 New Gear Thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 8th January 2017
  #61
Old 8th January 2017
  #62
Lives for gear
 
choond's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
I intended to be posting a pic of a new subwoofer I was going to get this week.
Instead I had to buy 4 new tyres for the whip.
I consider it a waste of money, though the current tyres were dangerously old (over 10 years)
And no making fun of my girly car.
Its not a girly car unless its a pink Barina I like it- looks cheap to run.
1
Share
Old 8th January 2017
  #63
Lives for gear
 
choond's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Korg SP250 fully weighted hammer action electric piano with built in stereo speakers, and can I say after installing it onto it's stand this morning, that it sounds absolutely 100 times better than I expected, it actually sounds like there's an upright piano right there in the room, the speakers are way way better than I ever imagined, and at $400 off ebay I'm fully stoked, it can be my master keyboard as it has MIDI and it will be my daughters new practice piano, she has wanted hammer keys from day one so I was able to provide them for her today...I had to drive a ways to pick it from the seller but totally worth it..




Fiddlestickz you tripper, beautiful setup I so need a purple wall. I'm trying to set up my new (December Excessive) acquisitions right now and the dirty beige wall is killing it.
Old 8th January 2017
  #64
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post


So I know you're annoyed about the delay on your Mantis case, but I do see two empty rows of eurorack...
Old 8th January 2017
  #65
Gear Addict
 
WOLF424's Avatar

VJ software for live shows
Old 8th January 2017
  #66
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
So I know you're annoyed about the delay on your Mantis case, but I do see two empty rows of eurorack...
yeah I know, thing with that is all that AS stuff has to come from one place Shneiders in Germany, so I want to basically buy it all at once so I'm not paying all those ridiculous shipping costs every month when buying one or two modules, it will happen, I just need to save a bit longer yet..
1
Share
Old 8th January 2017
  #67
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
yeah I know, thing with that is all that AS stuff has to come from one place Shneiders in Germany, so I want to basically buy it all at once so I'm not paying all those ridiculous shipping costs every month when buying one or two modules, it will happen, I just need to save a bit longer yet..
Gotcha, that makes total sense, especially since you need to ship everything to Oz.
Old 8th January 2017
  #68
Was looking for a stereo comp to complement my API 2500, and I wanted it to also do dual mono.

I ended up going with a pair of la-3a clones from Golden age. Kind of took a chance to see how an optical compressor would work with my analog synths - typically with a fast attack and drenched with modulation, resonance and effects. Went with the la-3a for a faster attack than the la-2a.

Its definitely got its own vibe and the make up gain is huge, so far I'm happy with them. Its one of those super simple comps that you can't make sound bad.

Kind of threw this setup together the past few days, my studio (and life, lol) is in transition.
Attached Thumbnails
January  2017 New Gear Thread-img_20170108_094633601.jpg  

Last edited by iksrazal; 8th January 2017 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
5
Share
Old 8th January 2017
  #69
Lives for gear
 
OurDarkness's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksrazal View Post
Was looking for a stereo comp to complement my API 2500, and I wanted it to also do dual mono.

I ended up going with a pair of la-3a clones from Golden age. Kind of took a chance to see how an optical compressor would work with my analog synths - typically with a fast attack and drenched with modulation, resonance and effects. Went with the la-3a for a faster attack that the la-2a.

Its definitely got its own vibe and the make up gain is huge, so far I'm happy with them. Its one of those super simple comps that you can't make sound bad.

Kind of threw this setup together the past few days, my studio (and life, lol) is in transition.
Dude, you are killing me.. You got a Minimoog and a TVS Pro plus those compressors? You must be in analog heaven, please post some examples!!
1
Share
Old 8th January 2017
  #70
Lives for gear
 
GeminIAm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Korg SP250 fully weighted hammer action electric piano with built in stereo speakers, and can I say after installing it onto it's stand this morning, that it sounds absolutely 100 times better than I expected, it actually sounds like there's an upright piano right there in the room, the speakers are way way better than I ever imagined, and at $400 off ebay I'm fully stoked, it can be my master keyboard as it has MIDI and it will be my daughters new practice piano, she has wanted hammer keys from day one so I was able to provide them for her today...I had to drive a ways to pick it from the seller but totally worth it..









Dayum that looks nice man. Kinda jealous of that piano. Bargain.
Old 8th January 2017
  #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness View Post
Dude, you are killing me.. You got a Minimoog and a TVS Pro plus those compressors? You must be in analog heaven, please post some examples!!
Videos are more fun for me but I want to get a Sound Devices 702T to really do it how I'd like. Hopefully next month .
Old 9th January 2017
  #72
MPC 2500 Baby

Last weekend after having to fix my studio PC on a whim I decided to make some music in my DAW for the 1st time in quite awhile. Just for kicks. And you know what? I found a tremendous amount of inspiration from the experience. I was even inspired to buy something new despite the holiday hole.

And the inspiration was to buy this...

January  2017 New Gear Thread-kimg0179.jpg

A bigger and better MPC with JJOS to replace my ailing old 1000!
Attached Thumbnails
January  2017 New Gear Thread-kimg0179.jpg  
10
Share
Old 9th January 2017
  #73
Kja
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflt View Post
i've won this beauty

reface dx.

still need to find a proper place for it...
Nice! I just bought one! It has really floored me personally, after hearing so much about four operators and mini keys suck I wasn't expecting much, but it has really caught me by suprise and is much deeper than I thought.. Just not the way I was thinking, the envelopes, and pitch envelopes, and effects really get the sounds way out there, plus it sounds really good, way better than it should. I hope you give it a chance, it may surprise you. It might just become my favorite.. But it's WAY different..
Old 9th January 2017
  #74
Gear Maniac
 
dflt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kja View Post
I hope you give it a chance, it may surprise you. It might just become my favorite.. But it's WAY different..
i'll definitely give it a chance! i was about to buy this (or volca fm or a dx100) anyway
with "place" i really meant a place where i could put it in my studio (living-/bedroom) but problem is solved now.
Old 9th January 2017
  #75
Here for the gear
 

Got myself an Apollo Twin and a Moog Sub Phatty :D
Old 11th January 2017
  #76
Lives for gear
 
Acid Hazard's Avatar
Got this yesterday. Came with a Jaz drive and 10 or so blank discs still wrapped.

Akai S5000 sampler. by Larry Kleinke, on Flickr

Akai S5000 sampler. by Larry Kleinke, on Flickr

I also nabbed two MOTU Travelers for $150 =o]
4
Share
Old 11th January 2017
  #77
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Say hello to my new giant mouse mat...

1
Share
Old 11th January 2017
  #78
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Say hello to my new giant mouse mat...

[URL=http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/carbonbasedlifeformv1/media/IMG_6174_zpsqaqi8i2b.jpg.html]
2
Share
Old 11th January 2017
  #79
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
lol..does my image not show up..??

on some computers I can see my images and on others I can't, I've never understood that..
Old 11th January 2017
  #80
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
lol..does my image not show up..??

on some computers I can see my images and on others I can't, I've never understood that..
Yes, it was showing up fine but I clipped it on the reply so it wouldn't take up room. We good.

Nice mouse pad.
1
Share
Old 11th January 2017
  #81
Gear Addict
 

Decided to buy a new PC with the spec I wanted with the most important part being a TI chipset firewire PCI card. PC turns up with some cheap and nasty firewire card that won't work with my audio interface.
Old 11th January 2017
  #82
Lives for gear
 
24dB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipkode View Post
Finally received today. Will try it out this weekend. Really hard to find but worth it!
How much did you get it for, if you don't mind my asking? Was there a lot of markup from the advertised $1070 because of scarcity?
Old 11th January 2017
  #83
Gear Nut
 
Zipkode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24dB View Post
How much did you get it for, if you don't mind my asking? Was there a lot of markup from the advertised $1070 because of scarcity?
It was $2600 CAD which is $1900 USD. So basically $400 over retail. It was on reverb dot com and they have an option to offer a amount, but I didn't want to lose out and had to bite the bullet. It was new and from a reputable owner. Had been looking for the last couple months so there really wasn't any question.
1
Share
Old 11th January 2017
  #84
Lives for gear
 

I had an extra computer sitting around, 2010 quad core Mac Pro, so I traded it for a 9.7" iPad Pro w Smart Keyboard. I've been missing out on a lot of apps since I have a first gen iPad, and universal apps are great but on my iPhone they are small...so this is pretty nice. Great that it loaded all my old apps from my old iPad, as well as all the universal apps I've bought on sale over the last few months. So I'm pretty well set I think...Model 15, Gadget, Polysix, Electribe, ms20, samplr, odyssey, wavestation, elastic, loopy, etc..
Old 12th January 2017
  #85
Lives for gear
 

(1) alcohol + new years eve



(2) works 100% yep

2
Share
Old 12th January 2017
  #86
Lives for gear
 
NEXUS-6's Avatar
 

I'm a sucker for this type of stuff on sale for $13

Old 12th January 2017
  #87
Lives for gear
 
lestermagneto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
Got this yesterday. Came with a Jaz drive and 10 or so blank discs still wrapped.
Be CAREFUL with Jaz disks! Those things are SO bad/tempramental.... they would literally lose data or corrupt walking them across the room from one sampler to another for me back in the day..... Zip disks (albeit 1/10th the size) are WAY better (they still read 20 years later in my experience)....

Just make sure you have them backed up etc... I have had too many nightmares with them....
1
Share
Old 12th January 2017
  #88
Lives for gear
 
Acid Hazard's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post
Be CAREFUL with Jaz disks! Those things are SO bad/tempramental.... they would literally lose data or corrupt walking them across the room from one sampler to another for me back in the day..... Zip disks (albeit 1/10th the size) are WAY better (they still read 20 years later in my experience)....

Just make sure you have them backed up etc... I have had too many nightmares with them....
Funny. I've experienced the exact opposite. Zip drives have a tendency to die out of nowhere. Eventually i'm going to just throw in an internal HDD and not worry about removable media altogether.
Old 12th January 2017
  #89
Lives for gear
 
lestermagneto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
Funny. I've experienced the exact opposite. Zip drives have a tendency to die out of nowhere. Eventually i'm going to just throw in an internal HDD and not worry about removable media altogether.
wow, you are the first person I have met to have had longstanding good experiences with Jaz disks! Not doubting you, karma must be on your side!

Absolutely an internal HDD is the way to go, with Jazz to shuffle between units etc.... I haven't used that line much, I pretty much stopped at the S1100's... but they were rock solid for me.... (pita interface, but it's what we had to do!)
Old 13th January 2017
  #90
Lives for gear
 
TheBrightSide's Avatar
Finally got my new Subwoofer.

2
Share
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump