The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Thick and Creamy Basslines!!
Old 7th March 2007
Lives for gear

The MB/MAM 303 clones do sustained notes - the VCA gate will be held open for as long as the note is there. The decay envelope affects the filter only.
Old 7th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
The MB/MAM 303 clones do sustained notes - the VCA gate will be held open for as long as the note is there. The decay envelope affects the filter only.
Well... you're half right! heh

The envelope does infact only control the filter decay BUT there still is no sustain to the VCA. If you hold down a note it will die out and be totaly silent after about 4 seconds.
Old 7th March 2007
Lives for gear

Laugh! Thanks for the correction. Have obviously never made a tone of more than four seconds on the machine. heh
Old 7th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
Laugh! Thanks for the correction. Have obviously never made a tone of more than four seconds on the machine. heh
Neither have I... heh
Old 8th March 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by matucha View Post
If you want to stay ITB, I think almost everything is upgrade to subtractor, that was always very papery sounding to me, not useful for basslines at all. NI Pro53 can do the job (but is a bit stiff), Arturia's minimoog has weight (but is always a bit soft/chorusy even if you use only one oscilator). I use these for the dummy midi basslines when I have no acces to the HW and sometimes I'm on edge of keeping them (ie lazy), but still I'm able to make more characterfull bases with HW...

At times well programmed Pro53 kills badly programed HW...

Yeah the Subtractor isn't all that great sounding. In it's defense, certain patches can be filtered and tweaked to come closer to a decent sounding bassline. Besides, when an idea strikes, sometimes the easiest thing to start up is the laptop and Reason.

I hope to get my hands on a couple different hardware synths that were discussed here, pretty soon, so I can start adding better basslines to all the tracks I have been working on with softsynths.

Thanks all,

Moses

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search