The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION' Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 15th April 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoWomble View Post
Hey guys,

Awesome instrument and update.

How do I load the individual modules in Maschine though? I can only find them in the Ableton Extras folder..
I had to do a rescan of the factory library "Revolution" in Maschine to get them to show up under instruments.

Last edited by LarsErik; 15th April 2017 at 05:49 PM..
Old 15th April 2017
Lives for gear

Here's my encouter with Wave Alchemy Revolution

In this video i cover the last changes as well as the concept , and the integration in NI Maschine and how to set it in multi in kontakt and your daw .

1) Plugin tour
2) What's new
3) Jam via the step sequencer & sound design
4) integration in NI Maschine
5) Jam via Maschine (& sound design )
6) Multi out and module use in your sequencer .

Thks for watching . cheers guyz so far i'm loving it ...

Be sure to batch resave ...

More infos @ Revolution | Drum Machine Plugin

Last edited by Jeezo; 16th April 2017 at 12:09 AM..
Old 15th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsErik View Post
I had to do a rescan of the factory library "Revolution" in Maschine to get them to show up under instruments.
Perfect, thanks!

Loving this instrument. Gas for a TR-8 has been thwarted (for a while ha!)
Thanks Wave Alchemy and also to jbuonacc for your Maschine group preset, it rocks.
Old 18th April 2017
Here for the gear

an1 kno whats oing onwith ableton yet? the indicidual modules cant find samples and tje aneton versions LE or Normal dont either
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use View Post
an1 kno whats oing onwith ableton yet? the indicidual modules cant find samples and tje aneton versions LE or Normal dont either
did you follow the update guide (pdf)?

all works fine here! Having single modules is really great!
Old 23rd May 2017
Lives for gear

one bug that i just noticed (using Revolution LE, haven't tested the bigger version for this):

when selecting "TAPE/LOFI/FLT/TRANS" using the dropdown, the "modules" do change to the correct order but the SHAPER ROUTING display now reads as "TAPE/FLT/TRANS/LOFI".

not sure how i didn't realize it before, but i recently noticed that there is no Tambourine or Rimshot sounds for the DX. these were on their own EPROM and obviously you guys had the stock Shakers and Claps EPROM installed (not sure if some came stock with the other sounds or what), but it would be great to have those in REVOLUTION. (i've got all pitches recorded in one long wav file, but i'm not sure if it would meet your standards for use. if you were interested, i could send you my other DX recordings to compare them to your own and see how they hold up.)

have to say it again... even though it's pretty damn rough sounding, it's too bad that the Casio RZ-1 isn't included. i'd say it's one of the "classic" drum machines. i'd imagine that someone would be happy to lend their RZ to be sampled, any chance of including other machines in the future?

still need to get back to this, but here's some old things that weren't fixed in the v1.1 manual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
noticed an error in the manual - it says that play stop/start can be controlled with MIDI note C-1, but this note is assigned to step 1 of the sequencer. stop is triggered with MIDI note F3 (not mentioned) and hitting any of the 12 pattern keys (F2 through E3) starts playback.

also not mentioned is F#3, which re-triggers the pattern from the start (like on the older products). this function doesn't seem as smooth as it did on the others, not sure why. ... also not mentioned, C4 clears/erases the whole currently selected pattern.

i see that a list of key command shortcuts made it into the manual, very nice. might be good to add "Alt" in the descriptions ("Cmd/Alt + Click") for Windows users like you did with "Command/Ctrl + Click".

haven't tested this since v1.1 was released, but this was an old related observation that wasn't addressed when i mentioned it before:

Quote:
the sequence reverse (G#3) and sequence stutter (A#3) functions are very cool and work very smoothly (unless you have swing/shuffle applied, then the stutter sounds odd when it repeats on a swung step).
Old 23rd May 2017
Lives for gear

one other "bug" that i just noticed:

(on Revolution LE, at least...)

when on the INS fx screen, changing the instrument type (eg: from RIM to CLAP) causes some of the light grey graphic elements (knobs, some text, etc) from the DRM page to "bleed through" to the background of the INS view. changing to the DRM view or another instrument (eg: from PERC1 to HH1, or even clicking on PERC1 itself again) clears this up.
Old 25th May 2017
Gear Nut

Getting demo timeout error. If i press activate it opens up ni native access but still wont work. Same error. Cant demo it :( and i was really looking forward to try it and hopefully buy it. Damn
Old 27th May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Monster View Post
Getting demo timeout error. If i press activate it opens up ni native access but still wont work. Same error. Cant demo it :( and i was really looking forward to try it and hopefully buy it. Damn
Hi there!

Thanks for your interest in Revolution

The free demo version of Revolution requires the full version of Kontakt to work fully without timing out. There is no way of getting around this as Kontakt Player instruments require a unique serial number, and these must be purchased by us from Native Instruments.

You can simply use Revolution in demo mode in Kontakt Free Player for 15 minutes at a time. Once the demo times out, simply re-load Revolution and you can use it for another 15 minutes, etc etc.

The full version of Revolution of course works fully in Kontakt Free Player, as we provide a serial number to authorize it in Native Access after purchase

And of course we are happy to provide a refund if you are not happy with the full version of Revolution - so there's now way to lose out
Old 27th May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
one other "bug" that i just noticed:

(on Revolution LE, at least...)

when on the INS fx screen, changing the instrument type (eg: from RIM to CLAP) causes some of the light grey graphic elements (knobs, some text, etc) from the DRM page to "bleed through" to the background of the INS view. changing to the DRM view or another instrument (eg: from PERC1 to HH1, or even clicking on PERC1 itself again) clears this up.
Thanks for the feedback! This is very interesting. We'll look into this asap and see if we can replicate at our end, and if so we'll work on a fix asap

That goes for any of the other mentioned potential bugs too!
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave alchemy View Post
Hello,

I will respond to your points below:

1. This is correct, but we will be providing presets / templates for users to do this extremely quickly in Maschine and Ableton Drum Racks.

2. The idea would be to use it with a modular drum system like Maschine or Ableton Drum Racks. This would be a 1:1 relationship where each sound comes out of the dedicated drum slot.

3. Yes, it will be fully MIDI learnable. Maschine / Ableton users will already have everything pre-mapped.

If you are going to preconfigure Ableton Drum Racks, I'm in! That plus having Revolution work with Player in lieu of the full version is great. Out of curiously, will this apply to Multi-Out too? From your post, it would appear to be so in Ableton implicitly, so I'm confirming for use in Logic.
Old 28th May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
If you are going to preconfigure Ableton Drum Racks, I'm in! That plus having Revolution work with Player in lieu of the full version is great. Out of curiously, will this apply to Multi-Out too? From your post, it would appear to be so in Ableton implicitly, so I'm confirming for use in Logic.
The 1.1 update with Ableton Live support and presets has already been released, around a month ago now

The full version and all modules and LE version all work with Kontakt Player, and all feature multi-out support
Old 16th June 2017
Here for the gear

Hi people at wave alchemy,

I encountered a bug today when I use Wave Alchemy Revolution Drums 1.1 in Logic Pro X.
When I load a preset (e.g. one from the processed list) kit, it works fine, I can sequence stuff, etc etc.
But when I turn one of the volume knobs of a channel (e.g. BD1) the sound disappears (no output meters either). Very annoying.
Is this a known bug? any fixes?
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

@Jeezo, I love your reviewing style, ear and judgement.

Downloading the WA one to savour on my TV later. Will check out most of them even 'though I don't have much of the stuff you're looking at.

From what I saw so far, your Revolution review is easily the best I've seen. Well done, mate!
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
@Jeezo, I love your reviewing style, ear and judgement.

Downloading the WA one to savour on my TV later. Will check out most of them even 'though I don't have much of the stuff you're looking at.

From what I saw so far, your Revolution review is easily the best I've seen. Well done, mate!
Thks a lot of the kind words ... glad it helps and motivate ...
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

Credit where it's due, mate!
Old 26th July 2017
Gear Nut

Been loving' and using this plugin since release, any new developments/projects being worked out for the future? Perhaps an MFB/vermona release

Just wanted to bump to say thanks
Old 26th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
Been loving' and using this plugin since release ...
i'm sorry to say that i haven't spent much of any time with this in the past six months. really need to set aside some time for this, probably when i get my new PC set up.

great product, and really happy with how WA have been as far as their dedication to making it the best it can be and their involvement here on the forum.
Old 26th July 2017
Gear Addict

It's a very good product, I mostly use the individual modules.

I would love the sequencer to be expanded in functionality so one could program triplets and variations of the fixed patterns (1/8, 1/6, 1/32) simultaneously all in the same grid. It would get much more use from me this way. Anyone concur?
Old 27th July 2017
Gear Nut

My favorite way is using the LE module and triggering it with my DAW sequencer, shuffling every drum in its own way, adding "humanize" and getting those micro steps. It just blows my mind that I can have a 909 inside my daw with modern sequencing ability and not have to dick around with routing an audio interface every time I want to track a beat
Old 27th July 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
My favorite way is using the LE module and triggering it with my DAW sequencer, shuffling every drum in its own way, adding "humanize" and getting those micro steps. It just blows my mind that I can have a 909 inside my daw with modern sequencing ability and not have to dick around with routing an audio interface every time I want to track a beat
True.
I just wish it wasn't so inefficient (compared to the original TR revolution).
Old 28th July 2017
Gear Maniac

Just got Revolution. Loving it so far. I see we can set the MIDI note to change the focused drum, which is cool. The problem is when you have a MIDI sequence being sent from your DAW to Revolution, the drum keeps shifting focus. That makes it difficult to automate parameters of one drum at a time. The workaround, of course, is to disable the MIDI note to change the focused drum; however, then you have to use the plugin to select the drum you want to automate, which kind of breaks the "flow."

Are there any ways around this?

Maybe Revolution could be updated so that it only listens for the MIDI note to change drums on a specific, selected MIDI port and/or channel (e.g., Ableton Push)?
Old 28th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone1313 View Post
Are there any ways around this?
disable "MIDI Select" in the top right of the interface. this will stop it from shifting focus every time it receives a MIDI note message.
Old 28th July 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
disable "MIDI Select" in the top right of the interface. this will stop it from shifting focus every time it receives a MIDI note message.
Thanks; but, I am aware of that. The problem is you then you have to use the plugin to select the drum you want to automate, which kind of breaks the "flow."

So, you can't sit there from Push and tweak or perform your Revolution sounds while your DAW sequence is running and triggering Revolution. You would have to use your mouse to select the drum in Revolution each time you want to switch the drum you are changing.

It would cool if you could have the ability to select the drum from Push while the DAW sequence is running and triggering Revolution.

Again, maybe Revolution could be updated so that it only listens for the MIDI note to change drums on a specific, selected MIDI port and/or channel (e.g., Ableton Push), instead of all the notes in the sequence as it does now.
Old 29th July 2017
Gear Maniac

Another question: When I automate Revolution's parameters and record that into my DAW, when I switch the selected drum in Revolution, the automation controls whichever drum I have selected. Is there a way to make the recorded automation "stick" to which drum it was originally recorded?

For example, if I modulate the decay of a hi-hat and record that, then when I switch to a kick drum in Revolution, the decay of the kick drum is now being modulated. But, I want the hi-hat's decay to be modulated as I originally recorded it.
Old 29th July 2017
Gear Nut

Probably obvious/not the answer your looking for but if nothing else crops up I would just stick with using an instance of one dedicated drum module per sound your modulating. Either that or use an external gate/amp envelope plugin on the individual out.
Old 30th July 2017
Lives for gear

I try to install Revolution on my Laptop (runs on my desktop already).

I really have a hard time to unpack the .rar files into 1 directory.. I am using 7zip and it just makes individual folders of the files (revolution_part2, revolution_part3, etc.) instead of compiling them into one folder..

If i try to merge the folders by hand, i can either replace or skip, but not merge .. so i am kinda stuck with my limited knowledge about such things... i really wish there was an install routine for non-techy musicians like me

Any hints what i could do?
Old 1st August 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi,
I'm really interested about the Revolution but I have an important question before buying.
Is it possible to change instruments/modules in every 14 voices via midi program change in Ableton midi clip? I mean for exemple if I play one midi clip sequence from Ableton with a 909 kick, 808 snare, 707 hat etc... Can I change the instrument for each voice I want via a new midi clip sequence from Ableton??
It is really important to me to have the ability to change instrument of each voice via midi clip. In live session, I want to be able to play different midi clips from Ableton with different patterns AND different instruments in the 14 voices! For exemple, the 4th first midi clip patterns could use the 909 kick, and the 5th and 6th midi clip patterns could use the 808 kick! So I want the 5th midi clip send a program change to the Revolution to change the 909 kick to the 808 kick! And also with maybe some midi cc... like the pitch (or tune), decay, etc etc.... ALL of that is possible with the Revolution??
Thank you!
Old 3rd August 2017
Here for the gear

Hi.

Can't find the way how to midi map de "drum module change" arrows.
Is anybody have solution how to control drum change by midi?
I saw Maschine hardware can do that, but i have no maschine
Old 3rd August 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoux View Post
Hi.

Can't find the way how to midi map de "drum module change" arrows.
Is anybody have solution how to control drum change by midi?
I saw Maschine hardware can do that, but i have no maschine
It is not possible at the moment. Maybe in future update...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search