The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION' Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Having conversed a little with Dan via email recently, I cannot overstate how impressed I am with this company.

If you wanna hand your money over to decent folks who bend over backwards in aiming to please, this is the company for you to deal with. Period!

Just thought I'd give credit where it's due. An awful lot of companies could learn a lot from these peeps, IMHO.
Thank you so much for the warm comments! It was great to chat to you via e-mail, and as always, feel free to contact us at any time
Old 9th March 2017
Lives for gear

Will there be some Cubase tutorials? I'm trying to get the individual outputs to work but not much success at the moment.
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by once was... View Post
Will there be some Cubase tutorials? I'm trying to get the individual outputs to work but not much success at the moment.
We have created a very brief tutorial for setting up Multi Outputs in Ableton Live. But the same applies to Cubase (apart from one minor step you have to do at the end).

You can download the video here: https://we.tl/Ud6gnEeL03

The step you need to do at the end in Cubase is:

1.Remove KONTAKT from Cubase's VST Instrument Rack (if it's already loaded)

2.Press F11 to bring up the VST Rack again, and load 'Kontakt 5' (do not load any of the Kontakt 5 8 out or 16 out versions. It must be the main 'Konakt 5' version. Now click on the 'Activate Outputs' button to open the drop-down menu displaying the available outputs. This button is the icon to the right of the word 'Kontakt 5' in the VST rack. (hovering over it will show the name)

3.In the Activate Outputs drop-down menu, select all 16 stereo outputs.

4. Now open Revolution, and underneath the RV-808 bass drum module you will see the word 'Master'. To the right of this is an icon. Click this and Revolution will now route all channels to different tracks on your mixer
Old 9th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave alchemy View Post
We have created a very brief tutorial for setting up Multi Outputs in Ableton Live. But the same applies to Cubase (apart from one minor step you have to do at the end).

You can download the video here: https://we.tl/Ud6gnEeL03

The step you need to do at the end in Cubase is:

1.Remove KONTAKT from Cubase's VST Instrument Rack (if it's already loaded)

2.Press F11 to bring up the VST Rack again, and load 'Kontakt 5' (do not load any of the Kontakt 5 8 out or 16 out versions. It must be the main 'Konakt 5' version. Now click on the 'Activate Outputs' button to open the drop-down menu displaying the available outputs. This button is the icon to the right of the word 'Kontakt 5' in the VST rack. (hovering over it will show the name)

3.In the Activate Outputs drop-down menu, select all 16 stereo outputs.

4. Now open Revolution, and underneath the RV-808 bass drum module you will see the word 'Master'. To the right of this is an icon. Click this and Revolution will now route all channels to different tracks on your mixer
Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by once was... View Post
Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.
You're welcome

Please do report back to confirm that everything works after doing the above, or if you have any other questions
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
I'm bummed that I haven't gotten back to properly replying to this thread, have a lot of things that I want to discuss about it and a pretty big list of bugs/quirks and suggestions. I'll try to set aside some time today or tonight to get started on that.

Really impressed with Wave Alchemy's open approach in the development of this product.
We openly welcome you to share your suggestions along with any bugs you may have found. These things really do make a difference and it certainly helps us to make the Revolution experience as best as possible
Old 15th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
We openly welcome you to share your suggestions along with any bugs you may have found. These things really do make a difference and it certainly helps us to make the Revolution experience as best as possible
ugh... i wish i could focus enough to get this done. i've been staying out at my girlfriend's place quite a bit lately and can't find the time to get around to it when i'm home (though i always seem to have plenty of time for arguing with ignorant fools on other threads). part of the problem is i have to go back and quote a bunch of stuff from earlier in this thread, as well as checking my notes again while sitting down with 'REVOLUTION'. i haven't spent much time with it at all in the past couple of months.

i'll get on it as soon as possible, i really appreciate how open you guys have been with this.
Old 15th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
ugh... i wish i could focus enough to get this done. i've been staying out at my girlfriend's place quite a bit lately and can't find the time to get around to it when i'm home (though i always seem to have plenty of time for arguing with ignorant fools on other threads). part of the problem is i have to go back and quote a bunch of stuff from earlier in this thread, as well as checking my notes again while sitting down with 'REVOLUTION'. i haven't spent much time with it at all in the past couple of months.

i'll get on it as soon as possible, i really appreciate how open you guys have been with this.
No problem, totally understood

We look forward to hearing your feedback as always, and in other news we hope to get the 1.1 update out next week with Module and LE versions
Old 15th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
we hope to get the 1.1 update out next week with Module and LE versions
good news !
Old 15th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
We look forward to hearing your feedback as always, and in other news we hope to get the 1.1 update out next week with Module and LE versions
oh, that's great!

already started working on this. unfortunately, because it's been so long, some of my notes on bugs/suggestions aren't very obvious to me now. need to spend some time with it to refresh my memory on certain things. for now i'll focus on stuff that i mentioned previously that wasn't addressed and things on my list that i don't need to spend time on.
Old 16th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
oh, that's great!

already started working on this. unfortunately, because it's been so long, some of my notes on bugs/suggestions aren't very obvious to me now. need to spend some time with it to refresh my memory on certain things. for now i'll focus on stuff that i mentioned previously that wasn't addressed and things on my list that i don't need to spend time on.
No problem, I totally understand. Anyway, no rush of course - we'll be happy to hear any thoughts / suggestions in you own time
Old 16th March 2017
HSi
Lives for gear

It's absolutely terrible..

Nah, it's great. Any chance you're going to put out a drum rack/drum racks in ableton format though? Much nicer for push users imo.
Old 16th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
It's absolutely terrible..

Nah, it's great. Any chance you're going to put out a drum rack/drum racks in ableton format though? Much nicer for push users imo.
The 1.1 update which we hope to release next week will include a 'single module' version of Revolution. This loads any one module / machine at a time and is mapped to Push 2.

We will be including presets along with this that loads everything into a rack

In regards to Drum Racks, we may also do some custom Drum Racks in the future using the samples from Revolution. But this will likely mean we have to sacrifice the Round Robin hits, as there are so many thousands of samples!
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

Hello,
very happy with this revolution, but this really needs a controller.I am mostly a hardware guy, try to control it with an octatrack, but the mute and solo button are not easy to program except if I sequence it with the OT itself.This Revolution needs a dedicated controller and I don't want to spend €€€ in push 2 or maschine just for that.
A controller like Sparkle LE would be perfect.Which controller would be cool to control this?with the ability to mute solo select drum slot and control quickly parameter without selecting with the mouse?Is there only Maschine who can do this well?Arturia Beatstep?
Old 20th March 2017
HSi
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid punch View Post
Hello,
very happy with this revolution, but this really needs a controller.I am mostly a hardware guy, try to control it with an octatrack, but the mute and solo button are not easy to program except if I sequence it with the OT itself.This Revolution needs a dedicated controller and I don't want to spend €€€ in push 2 or maschine just for that.
A controller like Sparkle LE would be perfect.Which controller would be cool to control this?with the ability to mute solo select drum slot and control quickly parameter without selecting with the mouse?Is there only Maschine who can do this well?Arturia Beatstep?
You can pick up a push 1 for £150-200 2nd hand, and with the 1.1 update mentioned above. Push will be able to do that very easily and more. Unless, you don't use ableton.. but I would think even the free version would be able to do this.
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
You can pick up a push 1 for £150-200 2nd hand, and with the 1.1 update mentioned above. Push will be able to do that very easily and more. Unless, you don't use ableton.. but I would think even the free version would be able to do this.
thanks for advise could be a good idea,have to check the specificity and be sure that in can
change pattern with pad
mute solo with pad
select revolution channel and tweak rapidly which potentiometer I want
maybe I should buy a TR8 to control it?(joke)
I look otherwise for akai MPD or APC
Anyway waiting hardly to check revolution update
Old 25th March 2017
Hey guys,

I still have the MKII and I'm trying my best to level match with an actual TR-909 (accent and non-accent) and I was wondering how one could configure the velocity for each individual instrument? (Example, an unaccented kick is -16dbfs while an accented one is -2dbfs)
Old 25th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila View Post
Hey guys,

I still have the MKII and I'm trying my best to level match with an actual TR-909 (accent and non-accent) and I was wondering how one could configure the velocity for each individual instrument? (Example, an unaccented kick is -16dbfs while an accented one is -2dbfs)
Hey Aguila,

In TR MKII, you can increase / decrease the difference in volume between the unaccented and accented note by using the 'VOL' control in the accent section of TR MKII's sequencer. See attached screenshot

In Revolution there are many more levels of accent / velocity per sound, as well as a global accent function.
Attached Thumbnails
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION'-tr_accent.jpg  
Old 27th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid punch View Post
very happy with this revolution, but this really needs a controller. ... I don't want to spend €€€ in push 2 or maschine just for that. ... Which controller would be cool to control this?with the ability to mute solo select drum slot and control quickly parameter without selecting with the mouse? Is there only Maschine who can do this well?
i think anything other than Maschine or Push would be a serious compromise, inside Maschine (haven't tried it with Push yet) it's like working with hardware. everything is mapped perfectly (and will only improve with the new individual modules), and you can sequence it directly inside Maschine bypassing the internal 'REVOLUTION' sequencer. ... plus all the other amazing things that Maschine gives you, i don't think there's any better option available. Push is awesome, but i'd never be without Maschine as my "drum machine" inside Ableton. Maschine MkI units should be relatively cheap 2nd-hand and works perfectly, no need to buy a new one (avoid the Mikro altogether).
Old 6th April 2017
Gear Head
Old 6th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The 1.1 update which we hope to release next week will include a 'single module' version of Revolution. This loads any one module / machine at a time and is mapped to Push 2.

We will be including presets along with this that loads everything into a rack

In regards to Drum Racks, we may also do some custom Drum Racks in the future using the samples from Revolution. But this will likely mean we have to sacrifice the Round Robin hits, as there are so many thousands of samples!
Hi, I hope 1.1 will just be a few kilobytes of new instrument files and won't require the whole sample library to be redownloaded?

I love revolution and am waiting for the individual modules. That makes even more sense in Maschine, that way I can load just the sounds I need.
Old 12th April 2017
Gear Head
1.1 available on 14th april
Old 14th April 2017
Lives for gear
Any plans for a Reason Rack Extension version?
Old 14th April 2017
Here for the gear

Anyone knows when this 1.1 update comes today ?
Update: oh, it just came
Old 14th April 2017
Gear Head

This is a great update!

The "Revolution Module" is a godsend both in Maschine and in Cubase for me. Keep up the good work Wavealchemy!
Old 14th April 2017
Gear Maniac

This is such an amazing instrument. 1.1 perfects it. Individual modules are much better in maschine. I LOVE REVOLUTION :D
Old 14th April 2017
Here for the gear

ableton presets not working

All the ableton presets from the extras folder open empty for me (so its a instrument rack without kontakt).

the same happened before the update when I loaded the supplied drum rack as well.

anyone knows how to solve this?
Old 15th April 2017
Here for the gear

same for me with ableton - when i double click either the main revolution .adg or any of the individual modules i get the content missing page with kontakt. any one know whats up? thanks!
Old 15th April 2017
Here for the gear

just to clarify, in my case kontakt does not load at all. just the empty rack
Old 15th April 2017
Gear Nut

Hey guys,

Awesome instrument and update.

How do I load the individual modules in Maschine though? I can only find them in the Ableton Extras folder..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search