The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION' Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Addict

I have been playing with this for a couple of weeks now and really like it! The only two features I would really like to see are for the sequencer 1. slop per voice step rather than per step 2. per voice accents.
Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstyleee View Post
I have been playing with this for a couple of weeks now and really like it! The only two features I would really like to see are for the sequencer 1. slop per voice step rather than per step 2. per voice accents.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback, it is much appreciated.

1. I will speak to Matthew (co-developer) in regards to the possibility of potentially adding slop per voice in a future update.

2. Per voice accents are in fact already available in Revolution. We have both global accent and per voice accent.

To add accent per voice, you can do this in multiple ways:
  • In the classic TR style button step sequencer - presssing a button once (it will light up yellow) will give you an unaccented sound, but pressing the button twice (it will now light up red) will give you an accented volume for the voice, per step.
  • In the main graphical sequencer, volume is routed to velocity by a set amount which you can dial in by turning the 'velocity' knob underneath the 'Sample' header on the main drum page. Now, when you draw in a note in the sequencer, a small value will give you no accent and a larger value will give you a louder (accented sound)
  • Some drum machines in Revolution, such as the TR-606 for example give you many true accent levels. Load a RV-606 module and you will see an accent' knob. Above this, you will see a % sign. Put this to 100% for example and this true accent is now routed to velocity and can be controlled via the sequencer, per step, per voice
Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave alchemy View Post
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback, it is much appreciated.

1. I will speak to Matthew (co-developer) in regards to the possibility of potentially adding slop per voice in a future update.

2. Per voice accents are in fact already available in Revolution. We have both global accent and per voice accent.

To add accent per voice, you can do this in multiple ways:
  • In the classic TR style button step sequencer - presssing a button once (it will light up yellow) will give you an unaccented sound, but pressing the button twice (it will now light up red) will give you an accented volume for the voice, per step.
  • In the main graphical sequencer, volume is routed to velocity by a set amount which you can dial in by turning the 'velocity' knob underneath the 'Sample' header on the main drum page. Now, when you draw in a note in the sequencer, a small value will give you no accent and a larger value will give you a louder (accented sound)
  • Some drum machines in Revolution, such as the TR-606 for example give you many true accent levels. Load a RV-606 module and you will see an accent' knob. Above this, you will see a % sign. Put this to 100% for example and this true accent is now routed to velocity and can be controlled via the sequencer, per step, per voice
Thanks for the info WA that is awesome.

The reason I would like slop per voice would be for shifting the clap forward from the snare etc. Only very minor workflow issue, as it can be easily achieved in the DAW but it wold be very cool to be able to do everything from the global sequencer.

This instrument fulfils all my vintage drum machine needs, great work guys!
Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstyleee View Post
Thanks for the info WA that is awesome.

The reason I would like slop per voice would be for shifting the clap forward from the snare etc. Only very minor workflow issue, as it can be easily achieved in the DAW but it wold be very cool to be able to do everything from the global sequencer.

This instrument fulfils all my vintage drum machine needs, great work guys!
You're welcome!

I totally understand your point about being able to slightly move claps before the beat, independently from other sounds. We will see what we can do with this in a future update

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad to hear that you are enjoying Revolution
Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Revolution Free Demo

Hello everyone,

I have uploaded the free Demo version of Revolution to Wetransfer, meaning you can now download it directly from the below link without having to register on our website

Here is the direct download link: https://we.tl/FCIYnLPPNF

Demo limitations

Revolution Demo has some big limitations in comparison to the full version of Revolution, such as being limited to just 11 playable drum machine modules(the full instrument features 150 drum machine modules, each with multiple character styles and recording chains) A full list of the limitations can be found below:
  • Limited to just 1400 Samples (Full version boasts tens of thousands of unique samples)
  • Limited to just 2 high-quality custom Impulse Response reverbs (Full version features 160)
  • Limited to just 11 playable drum modules (Full version features 150 drum machine modules)
  • Limited to just 5 included sequence patterns (Full version features over 300)
  • Bass Drum 2, Snare Drum 2 and Tom 3 are disabled

Please note: You must have a full registered version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.6.5 or higher to use Revolution Demo without limitations. However it will run in Demo Mode in Free kontakt Player.

The full version of Revolution of course works fully in Free Kontakt Player.
Old 29th January 2017
Here for the gear

Have been using the plugin for a while and absolutely love it!
One thing I would like to be able to do, and it seems like its possible but cannot find where/how, is to be able to select the drum (for instance BD1, BD2 etc) via midi (cc or note).

I have a nice rack that allows me to sequence with push and control the Tune decay etc with Map8 (m4l) but in order to control the bottom parameters like envelope ADSR etc I need to be able to select which drum is currently selected as these controls take 1 midi CC and then control the currently selected drum.

One way is to activate midi select, but when a sequence is playing obviously this doesnt work.

Any ideas? or maybe someone at WA can chime in?

thanks!
Old 31st January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONNO View Post
Have been using the plugin for a while and absolutely love it!
One thing I would like to be able to do, and it seems like its possible but cannot find where/how, is to be able to select the drum (for instance BD1, BD2 etc) via midi (cc or note).

I have a nice rack that allows me to sequence with push and control the Tune decay etc with Map8 (m4l) but in order to control the bottom parameters like envelope ADSR etc I need to be able to select which drum is currently selected as these controls take 1 midi CC and then control the currently selected drum.

One way is to activate midi select, but when a sequence is playing obviously this doesnt work.

Any ideas? or maybe someone at WA can chime in?

thanks!
This is a good suggestion and I can totally understand the reasoning behind adding this in. At the moment this is available in the "Host Automation" controls as "Select Drum". It may be possible to control this from your DAW and currently this is reserved for NKS integration to do this very feature from Maschine / S-Series keyboard.

I've added this feature to the add list for the forthcoming update and my plan is to add an options screen which allows for this parameter to be easily hardware or MIDI controlled.

I've attached a screenshot showing where this available
Attached Thumbnails
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION'-screen-shot-2017-01-30-8.04.30-pm.jpg  
Old 4th February 2017
Gear Head
Maschine & Ableton Live video demos...

Hi people!!!

I made 2 videos to demonstrate the perfect integration of the WA Revolution with Maschine 2.5 (Maschine Mk2) & Ableton Live 9.7 (Push 2 & APC40 Mk2)

First with Maschine:

The NKS map are perfect... Regrettably the "Revolution.mxgrp" maschine group preset provider by wave alchemy don't work for me...

Then with Ableton Live:

Good work of the Wave Alchemy team... Her mapping works perfect with Push 2 and APC40... but the Ableton drumrack "Revolution.adg" included with multi outputs have problems for my... slows downmy system... I make my own drum rack without multi outputs.. only for sequencer...
Old 9th February 2017
Here for the gear

Purchased and quite enjoying this so far. Thanks WA!

My only suggestion that I think others have mentioned would be to have individual sounds on their own VST. I could load up just an 808 HH module for instance... the way I produce drums in Ableton is track by track with lots of different sources, I've never really worked all within one track/source like this (I realize there are ways of outputting individually). But yah, to have individual modules of different sounds would be amazing.
thanks!
Old 10th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwebercdn View Post
Purchased and quite enjoying this so far. Thanks WA!

My only suggestion that I think others have mentioned would be to have individual sounds on their own VST. I could load up just an 808 HH module for instance... the way I produce drums in Ableton is track by track with lots of different sources, I've never really worked all within one track/source like this (I realize there are ways of outputting individually). But yah, to have individual modules of different sounds would be amazing.
thanks!
Thanks for the kind words and feedback!

The single module version of Revolution is now almost finished, and we will be releasing this in the near future. It is exactly what you want based on your description, with the added bonus of being able to additionally switch the module to 'pitch' mode - which allows you to also play the selected drum over 4 octaves of pitch on your keyboard
Old 10th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

The single module version of Revolution is now almost finished, and we will be releasing this in the near future. It is exactly what you want based on your description, with the added bonus of being able to additionally switch the module to 'pitch' mode - which allows you to also play the selected drum over 4 octaves of pitch on your keyboard
could you sell a package of 1 module just with kickdrums, say for 49 dollars?

or is just going to be bundled together?
Old 10th February 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:

awesome! can't wait. appreciate you listening to feedback and always responding promptly!
Old 10th February 2017
Lives for gear

Hey WA, great news on future updates!

Btw. Make sure you have a patch ready for the new MPC's too. In tethered mode, of course.
Old 11th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by colm View Post
could you sell a package of 1 module just with kickdrums, say for 49 dollars?

or is just going to be bundled together?
We could perhaps look into this in the future, although for now this will be bundled inside the main Revolution product.

The issue with selling these modules as separate packages would be that it could confuse customers, as there would be so many purchase options to choose from. We would then have to work out clever upgrade / cross-grade paths and the like, and on top of this we would have to license each individual package with NI separately.

I think if we eventually move things over to native VST/ AU platform, this will then be much more likely
Old 11th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Hey WA, great news on future updates!

Btw. Make sure you have a patch ready for the new MPC's too. In tethered mode, of course.
We will look into getting a new MPC in the future. I think this a very good idea. I'm not sure if such a template / patch would make it into this update though, as it'll need some research as we currently don't own an MPC. We'll certainly look into it though
Old 11th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
We will look into getting a new MPC in the future. I think this a very good idea. I'm not sure if such a template / patch would make it into this update though, as it'll need some research as we currently don't own an MPC. We'll certainly look into it though
Thats good to hear. It theory it should be doable with the demo version of the 2.0 software, once its out. So you dont need to invest yourselfs.

However, it should be easy enough to setup for the user anyways.
Old 11th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Thats good to hear. It theory it should be doable with the demo version of the 2.0 software, once its out. So you dont need to invest yourselfs.

However, it should be easy enough to setup for the user anyways.
Thanks for the tip. We will be sure to look into the possibility of this
Old 16th February 2017
Gear Addict

Hi Guys,

We have been working hard to create a 'single module' version of Revolution, which so many of you have asked for. This is now almost 100% complete, and you can see a screenshot of how this is looking below:

We decided to include an optional 'pitch' mode on this module too. When enabled this allows you to play the selected drum over a 4 octave range of pitch over your keyboard

We have also created a 'LE' (or light) version of Revolution, which includes all of the 14 drum channels, but minus the master effects and sequencers. This cuts down CPU by a nice amount and is great for those who want all drums but don't want to use Revolution's on boards sequencers

Old 26th February 2017
Gear Head
Old 26th February 2017
Lives for gear

Yeah, really happy to see how the module and cut-down versions are coming along. So happy that they decided to include the EQ and transient shaper in the module, i find those to be essential in fine-tuning pretty much every sound that I use in 'REVOLUTION'. The cut-down version will be perfect to use with the Maschine template, really nice to see that.

I'm bummed that I haven't gotten back to properly replying to this thread, have a lot of things that I want to discuss about it and a pretty big list of bugs/quirks and suggestions. I'll try to set aside some time today or tonight to get started on that.

Really impressed with Wave Alchemy's open approach in the development of this product.
Old 26th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hi Guys,

We have been working hard to create a 'single module' version of Revolution, which so many of you have asked for. ....

Great!! Looking forward!
Old 27th February 2017
I am really interested now! Single module could be a great tool.

A couple of questions:

- Will you have to load a kontakt player per module?
- how do you manage individual outputs in "classic" kontakt version?
- is the drum machine midi learnable / controllable?
Old 28th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
I am really interested now! Single module could be a great tool.

A couple of questions:

- Will you have to load a kontakt player per module?
- how do you manage individual outputs in "classic" kontakt version?
- is the drum machine midi learnable / controllable?
Hello,

I will respond to your points below:

1. This is correct, but we will be providing presets / templates for users to do this extremely quickly in Maschine and Ableton Drum Racks.

2. The idea would be to use it with a modular drum system like Maschine or Ableton Drum Racks. This would be a 1:1 relationship where each sound comes out of the dedicated drum slot.

3. Yes, it will be fully MIDI learnable. Maschine / Ableton users will already have everything pre-mapped.

Old 2nd March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtekproduk View Post
Hi people!!!

I made 2 videos to demonstrate the perfect integration of the WA Revolution with Maschine 2.5 (Maschine Mk2) & Ableton Live 9.7 (Push 2 & APC40 Mk2)

First with Maschine:

The NKS map are perfect... Regrettably the "Revolution.mxgrp" maschine group preset provider by wave alchemy don't work for me...

Then with Ableton Live:

Good work of the Wave Alchemy team... Her mapping works perfect with Push 2 and APC40... but the Ableton drumrack "Revolution.adg" included with multi outputs have problems for my... slows downmy system... I make my own drum rack without multi outputs.. only for sequencer...
Nice track! I have also some slowdowns with metering using the adg file from Wave Alchemy. Are you willing to share your adg file with me? I am using Ableton and Push.
Old 2nd March 2017
Gear Head
Of course no problem... I glad to share with you...
Old 6th March 2017
Gear Addict

Revolution Review by Studio One Expert

Hey Guys,

Studio One Expert (an offshoot of Pro Tools Expert) have just done an in depth video review of Revolution, which covers some of the questions asked earlier in this thread. It's well worth checking out if you'd like to see Revolution in action and find out more about the instrument

Old 7th March 2017
Gear Maniac

@ wave alchemy:
Is there still a noise parameter? It was quite useful to dirty up some sounds on the "old" instrument.
Old 7th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
@ wave alchemy:
Is there still a noise parameter? It was quite useful to dirty up some sounds on the "old" instrument.
Revolution does not feature the 'noise' parameter as found in some of our older instruments. We decided to remove this for various reasons, but if there is enough demand for it I will talk to Matthew (co-developer), and we'll see what we can do for a future update
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Having conversed a little with Dan via email recently, I cannot overstate how impressed I am with this company.

If you wanna hand your money over to decent folks who bend over backwards in aiming to please, this is the company for you to deal with. Period!

Just thought I'd give credit where it's due. An awful lot of companies could learn a lot from these peeps, IMHO.
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtekproduk View Post
Of course no problem... I glad to share with you...
yo tambien!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search