The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION' Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave alchemy View Post
We are looking into creating a separate drum machine instrument (similar to Revolution) that focuses solely on modern drum machines

We think it a good idea to keep the vintage and modern drum machines separate
A great idea indeed!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

another request for single drum module with no sequencer,effects and minimal GUI
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Last edited by colm; 16th January 2017 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Im wrong
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by colm View Post
another request for single drum module with no sequencer,effects and minimal GUI
We will be working on this straight after NAMM. The single module version and more extensive compatibility with Push 2 top priorities
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Im close to buying this but I see it needs ilok, which is annoying. I dont have/want internet on my music pc
Hello colm,

Revolution does not require iLok. Can I ask where you read this?

Revolution runs inside Free Kontakt Player and requires just a serial number
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello colm,

Revolution does not require iLok. Can I ask where you read this?

Revolution runs inside Free Kontakt Player and requires just a serial number
the free kontakt player requires ilok(?), it cant be used without the kontakt player
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

I could be confusing it with something else

"An internet connection is required to install and activate KONTAKT 5 PLAYER. Once activated, it can be used offline."
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I could be confusing it with something else

"An internet connection is required to install and activate KONTAKT 5 PLAYER. Once activated, it can be used offline."
Hello.

Native Instruments stuff doesn't require an iLok.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post
Hello.

Native Instruments stuff doesn't require an iLok.
thats good to know, thanks.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict

Revolution Push 2 Compatibility

Hello All,

We are currently working on improving the integration, workflow and user experience of Revolution with Ableton / Push 2. We want to offer the same level of integration for Live and Push 2 as we do for Maschine / NKS. In fact - deeper and more in depth Live and Push 2 compatibility is currently our number one request from customers!

We are going to be focusing heavily on making Revolution deeply compatible with Live 9 and Push 2 and we would love to hear which of the following would best suit your workflow:

1. A Max for Live (or similar) interface that allows the Revolution instrument itself (including all controls and sequencer) to be fully integrated inside Push 2 (all controls would be mapped to Push 2)

2. A completely separate Revolution drum rack designed from the ground up to accommodate Push 2 and Live users. We would not use the Revolution instrument itself for this (no sequencer / effects), but instead build a dedicated powerful Drum Rack using all of the sounds available in Revolution - all of which would be intelligently mapped to Push 2.

Any thoughts from Push 2 / Live users would be much appreciated!

We will also still be creating the single module version of Revolution as discussed earlier in this thread
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
1. A Max for Live (or similar) interface that allows the Revolution instrument itself (including all controls and sequencer) to be fully integrated inside Push 2 (all controls would be mapped to Push 2)

2. A completely separate Revolution drum rack designed from the ground up to accommodate Push 2 and Live users. We would not use the Revolution instrument itself for this (no sequencer / effects), but instead build a dedicated powerful Drum Rack using all of the sounds available in Revolution - all of which would be intelligently mapped to Push 2.
1. there's a large number of Ableton users that don't have M4L, so that's something to consider.

2. how would the round-robin sample triggering be implemented if going with the Drum Rack idea?
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
1. there's a large number of Ableton users that don't have M4L, so that's something to consider.

2. how would the round-robin sample triggering be implemented if going with the Drum Rack idea?
1. This is true. Max for Live is available for free only to those who own Live 9 Suite. Having said this, we may be able to find of way of implementing this with the same level without using Max. We will be discussing this with Ableton at NAMM.

2. That's the issue. We would likely have to drop round robin support and use modulation routings to mimic it digitally. Having said this, we will of course look into other possibilities of including round robins.

The other option would be to design and implement both of the above and give the user the option of using either
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
... We would likely have to drop round robin support and use modulation routings to mimic it digitally. Having said this, we will of course look into other possibilities of including round robins.
hmm... in a lot of ways, i think the round-robin aspect is the main selling point of this thing. (well, there's not too many sample packs out there that sample each individual pitch on the digital machines which feature it, so there's that too.) like you said though, it could be "faked" somewhat by using modulation.

maybe the best bet would be individual stripped-down Kontakt-based "modules" loaded into each Drum Rack cell? no idea...

i haven't even checked out the existing Ableton template yet, not sure how it stands currently. thankfully, i'm really happy with how we rigged up the Maschine template, so i'm not too worried about the Ableton end of it myself.

Quote:
The other option would be to design and implement both of the above and give the user the option of using either
that's a good idea. more work on your end, but satisfies a wider range of customers.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
A Max for Live (or similar) interface that allows the Revolution instrument itself (including all controls and sequencer) to be fully integrated inside Push 2 (all controls would be mapped to Push 2)
For the love of god, please NO Max for Live!

Last edited by jbone1313; 19th January 2017 at 04:22 PM..
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
hmm... in a lot of ways, i think the round-robin aspect is the main selling point of this thing. (well, there's not too many sample packs out there that sample each individual pitch on the digital machines which feature it, so there's that too.) like you said though, it could be "faked" somewhat by using modulation.

maybe the best bet would be individual stripped-down Kontakt-based "modules" loaded into each Drum Rack cell? no idea...

i haven't even checked out the existing Ableton template yet, not sure how it stands currently. thankfully, i'm really happy with how we rigged up the Maschine template, so i'm not too worried about the Ableton end of it myself.

that's a good idea. more work on your end, but satisfies a wider range of customers.
You make some very good points here. I agree that the round robin variations are one of the main selling points of Revolution.

We will be thinking over this in more depth over the coming days - I am hoping we can offer both methods as the main aim will of course be to satisfy everyone
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone1313 View Post
For the love of god, please NO Max for Live!
Thanks for the feedback. I am not a big Max for Live user myself, so it would be great to hear your thoughts on why you would be against this.
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Guru

Any plans for a rack extension for Reason..?
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Any plans for a rack extension for Reason..?
We are looking into the possibility of this. We are not sure when (or if) this will happen though, as it will require a complete re-programming of the instrument from the ground up which would likely be months of development time. We are looking into it as an option though
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
We are looking into the possibility of this. We are not sure when (or if) this will happen though, as it will require a complete re-programming of the instrument from the ground up which would likely be months of development time. We are looking into it as an option though
Great, well you'd have a customer here if you did, there's a lot of Reason users who would also be right into this I'm sure..
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Great, well you'd have a customer here if you did, there's a lot of Reason users who would also be right into this I'm sure..
Indeed. We are aware that we could reach a different audience with a RE version of Revolution.

We will be discussing the possibility and feasibility of this with Propellerheads soon
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I am not a big Max for Live user myself, so it would be great to hear your thoughts on why you would be against this.
I could go on for a while about this. Here are some of the main reasons:
1. MFL is unstable for a lot of people. A quick check of the MFL forum will corroborate that. I am a software engineer, and I know how to setup and troubleshoot my machines, and I had major stability issues on multiple clean installations of Windows.
2. Ableton outsources a lot of things to MFL that should, at this point, be native devices, e.g., LFOs and envelopes.
3. MFL uses Java. Java, lol.
4. MFL is a bolt-on product which comes with a lot of overhead like separate installers, separate code base, and so on, which, IMO, increases the stability issues.

If you guys build for MFL then you would spend your efforts developing against the problematic platform described above. Moreover, you would be apart of the "ecosystem" of the problematic platform described above, which adds a little bit of credibility to that ecosystem and further encourages Ableton to keep on with it.

Those are my two cents and perspective.
Old 19th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
It does come with a drum rack for Ableton but for some reason it seems messed up, as some multi outs are not working. i dont have time to figure it out yet, as I dont have a lot of experience with Kontakt. Just checked it in Maschine and cannot get it in pad mode either :(

Hey man, can you post what you did to get it working perfectly in drum racks? I seem to be running into the same problem with the multi outs. Used the .adg that came along with it, but it seems like the external instrument in ableton isn't seeing all the Kontakt outs.

Checked the manual and tried setting up my own multi output routing through kontakt but ran into the same problem.
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Nut

Sorry everyone but I have a quick question concerning loading the revolution library in kontact. I just installed it on a new computer and for some reason every time I load kontact I need to reload the library, which means when I load up a project in my DAW it won't automatically load my revolution kit or settings. I compared the install path with my old computer where it would load as you would expect, can anyone tell me if there is a specific folder I could move the revolution library into so kontact will load it on startup or an article explaining this?

Any help would be appreciated this is driving me nuts.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

where do you have it installed? never had this problem at all, i put it into the same Documents/Native Instruments folder as the rest of my NI stuff.

have you tried using the "Batch Re-Save" function inside Kontakt? (pretty sure that this is suggested in the manual.) i wonder if that might help?
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone1313 View Post
I could go on for a while about this. Here are some of the main reasons:
1. MFL is unstable for a lot of people. A quick check of the MFL forum will corroborate that. I am a software engineer, and I know how to setup and troubleshoot my machines, and I had major stability issues on multiple clean installations of Windows.
2. Ableton outsources a lot of things to MFL that should, at this point, be native devices, e.g., LFOs and envelopes.
3. MFL uses Java. Java, lol.
4. MFL is a bolt-on product which comes with a lot of overhead like separate installers, separate code base, and so on, which, IMO, increases the stability issues.

If you guys build for MFL then you would spend your efforts developing against the problematic platform described above. Moreover, you would be apart of the "ecosystem" of the problematic platform described above, which adds a little bit of credibility to that ecosystem and further encourages Ableton to keep on with it.

Those are my two cents and perspective.
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding Max for Live.

As mentioned previously, I am not a big Live user personally and have only used Max For Live devices on a small number of occasions.

We are going to be discussing everything with Ableton very shortly and we will keep you updated on how things progress.

I am hoping we can offer multiple ways of integrating Revolution with Live / Push, as this will keep everybody happy
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Tigre View Post
Hey man, can you post what you did to get it working perfectly in drum racks? I seem to be running into the same problem with the multi outs. Used the .adg that came along with it, but it seems like the external instrument in ableton isn't seeing all the Kontakt outs.

Checked the manual and tried setting up my own multi output routing through kontakt but ran into the same problem.
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Multi Output configuration in Revolution / Kontakt.

Can you confirm that you have followed the following steps exactly:

Multi Output Routing

1. Navigate to the Revolution folder and go to the ‘Extras’ folder.

2. Here you can open the Kontakt Multi Output Config.nkm file

3. This will open Kontakt with 16 stereo outputs. From here go to File (The disk icon) and select “Outputs”

4. This will reveal the Output window and show the routing of the 16 channels available from loading this Multi-Output instrument. From here select “Presets / Batch Configuration” and “Save output section preset as ...”.

A dialog will appear asking you where you would like
to save the preset. You can give it a name and save it in the default location.

5. Each time you want to use Revolution with Multiple-Outputs you can now select this preset and you will have 16 stereo outputs available. Please note that in order to make Kontakt see these outputs after initially loading an instrument you must first restart the engine by clicking the exclamation logo in the top right hand corner.

6. Open the menu “Presets / Batch Configuration”, and then click “Save current output section state as default for -> All Formats”. Now restart Kontakt in order for the changes to be configured.

Point 6 above is very important. Can you confirm that you have completed this step?
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
Sorry everyone but I have a quick question concerning loading the revolution library in kontact. I just installed it on a new computer and for some reason every time I load kontact I need to reload the library, which means when I load up a project in my DAW it won't automatically load my revolution kit or settings. I compared the install path with my old computer where it would load as you would expect, can anyone tell me if there is a specific folder I could move the revolution library into so kontact will load it on startup or an article explaining this?

Any help would be appreciated this is driving me nuts.
Edit: To fix this issue simply install Native Access from Native Instruments. Once installed this should solve the issue - https://www.native-instruments.com/e...native-access/.

To anyone else experiencing this, please do the same

Last edited by wave alchemy; 20th January 2017 at 02:48 PM..
Old 20th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Multi Output configuration in Revolution / Kontakt.

Can you confirm that you have followed the following steps exactly:

Multi Output Routing

1. Navigate to the Revolution folder and go to the ‘Extras’ folder.

2. Here you can open the Kontakt Multi Output Config.nkm file

3. This will open Kontakt with 16 stereo outputs. From here go to File (The disk icon) and select “Outputs”

4. This will reveal the Output window and show the routing of the 16 channels available from loading this Multi-Output instrument. From here select “Presets / Batch Configuration” and “Save output section preset as ...”.

A dialog will appear asking you where you would like
to save the preset. You can give it a name and save it in the default location.

5. Each time you want to use Revolution with Multiple-Outputs you can now select this preset and you will have 16 stereo outputs available. Please note that in order to make Kontakt see these outputs after initially loading an instrument you must first restart the engine by clicking the exclamation logo in the top right hand corner.

6. Open the menu “Presets / Batch Configuration”, and then click “Save current output section state as default for -> All Formats”. Now restart Kontakt in order for the changes to be configured.

Point 6 above is very important. Can you confirm that you have completed this step?

Worked for me, thanks
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Edit: To fix this issue simply install Native Access from Native Instruments. Once installed this should solve the issue - https://www.native-instruments.com/e...native-access/.

To anyone else experiencing this, please do the same
Yes that did the trick! Everything works great now, thank you!
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
Yes that did the trick! Everything works great now, thank you!
Good to hear!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search