The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION' Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

god damn, i've been jamming on this for hours now. love having it set up like this. you really can do everything right inside Maschine without using the on-screen interface, the way it's all mapped (and each instrument is easily accessible with the selection knob on Page 1) is fantastic. this just took this thing to a whole other level. unbelievable.

i'll try to attach an edited Maschine group template if anyone wants to check it out. it's got a 707 kit loaded with a few Maschine patterns programmed.

EDIT: hmm, not letting me attach the zip file for some reason. i've added it to dropbox, this link should work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8myjqj805...DRUMS.zip?dl=0

it's easy to re-order the instruments, just drag them into whichever slot you'd like. you can even move the 'REVOLUTION' "instrument" and all the others will adapt to the routing. this is just killer.

one thing to note. you can add fx to the sound slots, but the first one you add seems to change the name of the track. just rename it back to "HH 1" or whatever it was originally.

Last edited by jbuonacc; 30th December 2016 at 07:25 PM..
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
god damn, i've been jamming on this for hours now. love having it set up like this. you really can do everything right inside Maschine without using the on-screen interface, the way it's all mapped (and each instrument is easily accessible with the selection knob ob Page 1) is fantastic. this just took this thing to a whole other level. unbelievable.

i'll try to attach an edited Maschine group template if anyone wants to check it out. it's got a 707 kit loaded with a few Maschine patterns programmed.

EDIT: hmm, not letting me attach the zip file for some reason. i've added it to dropbox, this link should work:

it's easy to re-order the instruments, just drag them into whichever slot you'd like. you can even move the 'REVOLUTION' "instrument" and all the others will adapt to the routing. this is just killer.

one thing to note. you can add fx to the sound slots, but the first one you add seems to change the name of the track. just rename it back to "HH 1" or whatever it was originally.
Really glad its working, it does make it easier and more enjoyable to use Revolution. i knew it would work somehow, but took me a couple days of playing with various settings to get it right, and glad to share the info to others.
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Maniac
No Linn 9000 love :(
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

I'm glad it works this way in maschine, this was what I wanted to know a few pages back before release, it's exactly how it should work in that environment IMO.

Looks better all the time, those vids showed some nice stuff
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Nut

The 727 was suppose to be included as one of the 14 iconic drum machines right? (I see the graphic for it in the first post)

I can't find it? Is it only included in the percussion version and not the regular drum machine layout version?

I need my samba whistles in the worst way
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
The 727 was suppose to be included as one of the 14 iconic drum machines right? (I see the graphic for it in the first post)

I can't find it? Is it only included in the percussion version and not the regular drum machine layout version?

I need my samba whistles in the worst way
The TR-727 doesn't have a kick drum, snare drum, hats or toms, and so you won't see this machine available on those channels. You will need to load an RV-727 module into one of the two 'Perc' channels if using the Revolution Drums instrument. Alternatively it is available on every channel of the Revolution Perc instrument
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave alchemy View Post
The TR-727 doesn't have a kick drum, snare drum, hats or toms, and so you won't see this machine available on those channels. You will need to load an RV-727 module into one of the two 'Perc' channels if using the Revolution Drums instrument. Alternatively it is available on every channel of the Revolution Perc instrument
* edit * Total user error, thanks for the help WA. I wasn't aware of how to module architecture worked

Last edited by Nleif; 31st December 2016 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: moar
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
god damn, i've been jamming on this for hours now. love having it set up like this. you really can do everything right inside Maschine without using the on-screen interface, the way it's all mapped (and each instrument is easily accessible with the selection knob on Page 1) is fantastic. this just took this thing to a whole other level. unbelievable.

Hi!
Can you please explain step by step how you got the whole kit mapped to the pads in regular mode (i.e. not pad/keyboard mode)?
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply WA, unfortunately that was the first thing I had tried... I'm not sure if you saw my post earlier in this thread but there was a bug where I couldn't load the 909 module into Perc 1 and another user confirmed this.

I'm guessing something similar is going on with the 727? Could anyone else give this a shot?

* edit * So I just triple checked, and along with the missing 727 on both perc channels, it looks like the DX module can only be found on one percussion channel just like the 909. Just to clarify this is when using the drum machine version of revolution (I haven't tried the percussion only yet)
I can confirm that what you are experiencing is not a bug. If you load the main Revolution Drums instrument, you will see that the 808 Cowbell is loaded into Perc 1 and the 909 clap is loaded into perc 2. The reason you are not seeing the RV-909, RV-DX and RV-727 in the drop down menu on perc 1 is because Revolution will only show you the machines that have a 'cowbell' sound. The same for Perc 2 - it will only show the available machines that have a clap sound.

What you need to do is go to the right of the module, where is says 'cowbell' or 'clap'. These names a clickable. Click the name of the sound and you will now see all available sounds for the selected drum machine. For example with the 808 cowbell loaded you will now see all of the available percussion for the 808.

Now, in this drop down list, click '-RESET-'

You will be able to load any percussion module into this slot

I hope this makes sense.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

How is the 'DAW preset' for Ableton Live implemented? Ideally for me it would be a drum rack preset, but I don't know how that'd work with Kontakt Player.

I can't demo it right now so I thought I'd ask here.

Ta!
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehlord View Post
How is the 'DAW preset' for Ableton Live implemented? Ideally for me it would be a drum rack preset, but I don't know how that'd work with Kontakt Player.

I can't demo it right now so I thought I'd ask here.

Ta!
Yes its in a Drum rack chained into Kontakt
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
Hi!
Can you please explain step by step how you got the whole kit mapped to the pads in regular mode (i.e. not pad/keyboard mode)?
Well, Maschine is either in pad mode or keyboard mode at any given time, not sure what you mean by regular mode. I guess you mean pad mode, which is the default/normal way of using it.

Did you try downloading the Maschine Group preset that I uploaded? Easier for you to just drop that on a Group slot than for me to explain it step by step. It's a bit complicated. Please just try doing that and check the MIDI in/out settings for each Instrument slot (1-16).
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
* edit * Total user error, thanks for the help WA. I wasn't aware of how the module architecture worked
?? I explained this days ago.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
Yes its in a Drum rack chained into Kontakt
Good stuff, thanks.

Once you drum rack, it's hard to not drum rack.
Old 1st January 2017
Here for the gear

How does this compare to Softube Heartbeats?
Old 1st January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Outside View Post
Hey Wald / everyone

We are fully committed to bringing the module functionality to a v1.1 update if users would find this useful. For us we made the decision not to include this because the CPU / RAM overhead of loading multiple instances inside of a drum rack or Machine is higher than providing them in a single instance.

You can still use this instrument very easily inside of a drum rack but I do appreciate that users would like a module. I will say as well that we are not intending to take anything from a users workflow. In fact I am extremely pleased to hear you and two other people you work with have been enjoying our products!

Also feedback like this is extremely important and certainly does help guide our future plans

For the module I am thinking of including the following

8 Voice controls - All knobs so they can easily be controlled by MIDI controllers ...

- Analog 1
- Vel Mod 1
- Analog 2
- Vel Mod 2
- Analog 3
- Vel Mod 3
- Character
- Drum Type

Then along with this we can also add some of the bottom controls (start time, pitch, random, etc.), retrigger and MIDI learn.

- No filters
- No built in effects
- No 3D graphics

This will keep CPU / RAM at a minimum.

Would this work for everyone?

Hi,

this sounds good!

BTW I thought you were pretty close with Transistor Revolution. I attached screenshots of how TR versus Revolution are currently displayed in Maschine. Individual modules allow for much more efficient use of screen real estate.
(Note, I haven't tried the file posted by jbuonacc yet)
Attached Thumbnails
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION'-wa1.jpg   Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION'-wa2.jpg  
Old 1st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslin007 View Post
How does this compare to Softube Heartbeats?
Completely different beasts. I have both and like them equally. Heartbeat more off the wall stuff, Revolution more bread & butter stuff.
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
Hi,

this sounds good!

BTW I thought you were pretty close with Transistor Revolution. I attached screenshots of how TR versus Revolution are currently displayed in Maschine. Individual modules allow for much more efficient use of screen real estate.
(Note, I haven't tried the file posted by jbuonacc yet)
The current Revolution instrument is designed as an all in one drum machine. We took every pixel Kontakt would give us for this version as there is a lot of screen information needed to display. The module version when ready will not have the step sequencer or mixer section so will be much smaller in size and closer to the original TR/DR modules.
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Outside View Post
The current Revolution instrument is designed as an all in one drum machine. We took every pixel Kontakt would give us for this version as there is a lot of screen information needed to display. The module version when ready will not have the step sequencer or mixer section so will be much smaller in size and closer to the original TR/DR modules.
Sounds really good
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherless One View Post
If you're looking for Linn / Obie DMX sounds, check out Aly James Labs VProm.

It streams the rom images directly and so sounds like a Linn or DMX plugged directly into your converter. Of course because it's not sampled, but reading the sampled sounds from the actual roms you don't get processed drum sounds like having them already run on tape or distortion, so you have to treat it as if you plugged a Linn directly into your converter and then treat the sounds as you would any analog machine.

But for the price it's a no brainer and the only thing I reach for when I need Linn and DMX sounds as nothing is going to sound as close to the real machine as this plug does.

You have to find the ROMS but they're out there (they're a little hard to find). Checking my Rom collection, I have the rom images from the Linn 9000, the LM-1, the Obie DMX, the Obie DX, and the Sequential DrumTraks.

Like I said, not as instant gratification as playing with pre-treated samples, but for the sound of a Linn machine you're not going to beat it.
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Can someone tell me if I'm being stupid, but I can't find Metallic Beat on the CR-78 anywhere. This is one of the key sounds in my opinion. A list of sounds somewhere would be helpful, even just the analogue ones.
Old 5th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherless One View Post
We are looking at the possibility of creating expansion packs for Revolution in the future, so there is a good chance you will see the Linn 9000 and many others at some point
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
We are looking at the possibility of creating expansion packs for Revolution in the future, so there is a good chance you will see the Linn 9000 and many others at some point
Maybe a Simmons type expansion too, as its a classic 80s sound too.
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

Jomox 888 or Tanzbar please :-)
Quote:
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Is it possible to change the drum machine for a voice using a mapped Ableton dial? Or, does that always require the mouse?

I.e., can I map an Ableton dial and turn that to switch between 808, 909, 707, etc.
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
Maybe a Simmons type expansion too, as its a classic 80s sound too.
Indeed, we agree that a Simmons SDSV expansion for example would be a great addition. Certainly a very high possibility for the future
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONNO View Post
Jomox 888 or Tanzbar please :-)
We are looking into creating a separate drum machine instrument (similar to Revolution) that focuses solely on modern drum machines

We think it a good idea to keep the vintage and modern drum machines separate
Old 12th January 2017
Here for the gear

If it sounds as good as this, count me in!

Quote:
We are looking into creating a separate drum machine instrument (similar to Revolution) that focuses solely on modern drum machines

We think it a good idea to keep the vintage and modern drum machines separate
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONNO View Post
If it sounds as good as this, count me in!
It sure will

We will certainly do our best!
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone1313 View Post
Is it possible to change the drum machine for a voice using a mapped Ableton dial? Or, does that always require the mouse?

I.e., can I map an Ableton dial and turn that to switch between 808, 909, 707, etc.
Unfortunately Kontakt does not currently allow for automating any controls which dynamically load and unload samples. For this reason we are not able to provide this parameter at this point in time.

Having said this, we are thinking about the possibility of adding a "load all samples" mode for a future update - where users could load all samples at once. This would then allow you to automate this parameter
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search