The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION' Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 18th January 2019
Did anybody else buy Revolution recently and didn't get the serial number? I bought it two days ago. Support doesn't answer as well. It's pretty underwhelming.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

I don't like the interface and workflow as well but I think the samples are one of the best, so I import samples into the Battery and process and mix from there.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamonger View Post
Did anybody else buy Revolution recently and didn't get the serial number? I bought it two days ago. Support doesn't answer as well. It's pretty underwhelming.
Is it not in your account?
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Bought it yesterday received the serial today. Hopefully you get yours soon
Old 18th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaink View Post
Is it not in your account?
The product was, but not the serial. WA support contacted me and we sorted it out. Looks like it was a rare glitch with paypal processing.

I do like the interface, for me it's much faster than searching samples manually. But everyone's workflow is different I guess. The sound of this instrument is really nice for sure!
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
Is anyone else having problems with Revolution? I have loads of Kontakt libraries, this is the only one creating problems. Very slow to load and to work with, the spinning beachball all the time, even when doing something as simple as increasing the reverb send. I have a Quad Core MacMini with 16GB or RAM and 2 SSD drives.

I've stopped using Revolution, it slows down my workflow. Even when starting Logic Pro with just one instance of Revolution is slow as molasses.
BUMP, is Revolution working fine on your computers? The rest of my rather big collection of Kontakt libraries works without problems, Revolution just gives me spinning beachballs all the time.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The product was, but not the serial. WA support contacted me and we sorted it out. Looks like it was a rare glitch with paypal processing.

I do like the interface, for me it's much faster than searching samples manually. But everyone's workflow is different I guess. The sound of this instrument is really nice for sure!
Cool. Really like myself
Old 18th January 2019
Quote:
BUMP, is Revolution working fine on your computers? The rest of my rather big collection of Kontakt libraries works without problems, Revolution just gives me spinning beachballs all the time.
On my computer it works fine so far. Loading a snapshot takes some seconds, but not more than loading other library's samples.

I got one issue though: how can I save patterns so that I see them in the "user" folder?

EDIT: I found it. It's of course in the library folder. Maybe the default folder could be updated in a later version? Also it would be nice to be able to refresh the pattern library. Looks like it's only updated when you reload the whole instrument.
Old 19th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Indeed, as you said later, it was a "rare" glitch with PayPal.

Dan Kindly sent me mine via email in December (bought in November), but it's been missing from my account all along.

Thanks to your mentioning that it's finally appeared in yours, I thought I'd check mine and it's still not there. Bummer.
Old 20th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Indeed, as you said later, it was a "rare" glitch with PayPal.

Dan Kindly sent me mine via email in December (bought in November), but it's been missing from my account all along.

Thanks to your mentioning that it's finally appeared in yours, I thought I'd check mine and it's still not there. Bummer.
Well good point. I only got it via Email as well but it doesn't show in my account.
Old 20th January 2019
Lives for gear

Ahh... when you said, "The product was, but not the serial. WA support contacted me and we sorted it out.", it sounded like the account appearance had happened.

I sent another reminder to Dan yesterday, so we'll see if anything happens soon...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi all!
I'm noticing a lsluggish graphic interface on Drum modules in Revolution.
I'm on Win7 64bit with a i7 laptop and latest Reaper.

Has anyone got the same problem and eventually found a solution?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonso.san View Post
Hi all!

I have the same problem on my Quad Macmini with 16 GB RAM and SSD disks when using it in Logic X. Even by itself with no other libraries or plugins loaded it is very sluggish and the spinning beachballs come up all the time.

None of my other Kontakt libraries have this problem. I stopped using Revolution because of this, too much waiting time, I'm back to using normal sample libraries instead.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
I ordered Revolution and Evolution (now Drumvolution) and they didn't send the key to one of the products. I emailed and it was resolved within 24 hours.
Old 2 weeks ago
Yeah. As Monkey Man also pointed out. The missing keys don't appear in the account, though. It's a very technical problem, I guess it's hard for them to sort it out properly. Even software companies who employ teams of engineers struggle to fix these kinds of bugs. So as long as it works somehow and sounds good...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonso.san View Post
Hi all!

been a while, but i usually used it inside of Maschine with the interface closed. someone mentioned this on KVR a while back and i found that it was doing the same for me. try switching to the fx page and back to see if that helps, that's when i noticed that it stopped lagging. didn't test it much more beyond that and haven't been back to it.

i'm guessing it has something to do with Kontakt itself (updates changing the way it handles 'Revolution'?) because i don't remember it ever happening when it was released.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Hi all. Recently my Revolution software has stopped being able to apply any internal send fx to drum mods. Inserts and Master seem fine and all sends work perfectly on standalone version but when using it as a kontakt instrument in Live 9.7 no dice! Has anyone heard of similiar or have any suggestions?
Many thanks
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

wrong forum!
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
wrong forum!
Me? If so, how so? I'm on the Revolution forum aren't I?? Sorry, new and confused here.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

It must've been Treebase DMX, mate.

The thing I don't understand is how that post came to be. It's not-edited, meaning that he must've known he was posting in the wrong forum before submitting it.

The only logical explanation is that he wrongly believed someone else had indeed posted in the wrong thread, which AFAICT hasn't happened.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by szmola View Post
I don't like the interface and workflow as well but I think the samples are one of the best, so I import samples into the Battery and process and mix from there.
How do you do that?

I only have a bunch of nkx files in the samples folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION'-screen-shot-2019-03-19-9.06.11-pm.png  
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have the same problem on my Quad Macmini with 16 GB RAM and SSD disks when using it in Logic X. Even by itself with no other libraries or plugins loaded it is very sluggish and the spinning beachballs come up all the time.

None of my other Kontakt libraries have this problem. I stopped using Revolution because of this, too much waiting time, I'm back to using normal sample libraries instead.
In the manual there’s a way to batch resale samples:

Batch Re-Save
Running a batch re-save after installing Evolution is highly recommended to speed up load times:
1. With Evolution loaded into Kontakt, click the ‘Disk / File’ Icon at the top of Kontakt itself.
2. Select ‘Batch re-save’
3. Confirm the warning message by pressing ‘Yes’
4. Navigate and Select the main ‘Evolution’ folder. Be sure to choose the same ‘Evolution’ folder you referenced before when adding Evolution as a library within Kontakt.
5. Done. You should now see faster loading times.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pier25 View Post
How do you do that?

I only have a bunch of nkx files in the samples folder.
I have demo version of Revolution so maybe that's the difference?
There is sub-folder with .ncw files which can be imported into Battery or converted to Wav, Aiff...but maybe there is a way to extract .nkx files?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by szmola View Post
I have demo version of Revolution so maybe that's the difference?
There is sub-folder with .ncw files which can be imported into Battery or converted to Wav, Aiff...but maybe there is a way to extract .nkx files?
AFAIK nkx files are encrypted and without a key these cannot be unpacked.

Here is a command line to do that btw: GitHub - JimiHFord/unnks: nks and nkx archive unpacker

Revolution is one of the less used audio production purchases I've ever made. A waste of money. The sound is great but the kontakt instrument is a resource hog.

I bought it to use it with Push and Ableton and what Wave Alchemy did is load a drum rack and put a kontakt instance on every drum cell.

So I just checked their website and apparently they released an update so that you can load a smaller instance of Revolution on every drum cell of drum rack, but I'd prefer to just be able to use the samples. I don't care about their Kontakt instrument and its features.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

yeah the new module only mode is much better
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pier25 View Post
AFAIK nkx files are encrypted and without a key these cannot be unpacked.

Here is a command line to do that btw: GitHub - JimiHFord/unnks: nks and nkx archive unpacker

Revolution is one of the less used audio production purchases I've ever made. A waste of money. The sound is great but the kontakt instrument is a resource hog.

I bought it to use it with Push and Ableton and what Wave Alchemy did is load a drum rack and put a kontakt instance on every drum cell.

So I just checked their website and apparently they released an update so that you can load a smaller instance of Revolution on every drum cell of drum rack, but I'd prefer to just be able to use the samples. I don't care about their Kontakt instrument and its features.
Yeah, I hear you. Some of their other samples, like Synth Drums, are also great but I absolutely agree, their Kontakt interfaces are not good. I tried their 808 and 909, same thing. It's probably supposed to be intuitive but when I need simplicity and precision then it's not working very well. I think they should release just sample libraries like Goldbaby and some other guys.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search