The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wave Alchemy 'REVOLUTION' Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 3rd August 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by actarus_23 View Post
It is not possible at the moment. Maybe in future update...
Thanks for the info.
Old 16th August 2017
Lives for gear
I saw that it's on sale for about $90USD.

I have the sample from mars stuff, but I was wondering if this is worth getting.
Old 16th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvana8775 View Post
I saw that it's on sale for about $90USD.

I have the sample from mars stuff, but I was wondering if this is worth getting.
it's not at all only for the samples , but the way it allows you to use them ...
Old 16th August 2017
Gear Maniac

In France it is -50% OFF...
Old 20th August 2017
Lives for gear

For the module, is there any way to switch the engine (808,909, etc... kick, snare, etc) without using a mouse?
Old 21st August 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
For the module, is there any way to switch the engine (808,909, etc... kick, snare, etc) without using a mouse?
No and it is the big missing function..... It is why I don't buy it. Wave Alchemy told me it would come in future update, so I wait... Can't understand why they don't thought about it... It's just cc or program change... But maybe it is more complex......
Old 21st August 2017
Lives for gear

Well its a shame since it prevents live use and makes studio use less immediate.
Old 27th August 2017
Gear Maniac

I just got Revolution. Overall I absolutely like it. Great sounding samples in analogue that reacts great to external processing. Especially the sequencer is a nice addition. It feels good to program patterns with accents and stuff like this. I like this better than program in simple MIDI editor. I like to make a pattern in Revolution and drag the MIDI out for sequencing in my DAW

But I'm wondering how close a simple sequence would sound on a 909, compared to the same sequence in Revolution? For my ears I prefer the 909 HH3 a a bit earlier in relation to the kick, to get a better groove. It sound a bit late with the Revolution sequencer to me. This kind of micro timing is so important for a real flowing groove. But I have no real comparison.

I mean that not every sound from a drum machine must start exactly at on the grid. It think it's possible that e.g. the kick always is starting directly on the grid, but the HH starts a couple of ms before/after gird. When you just would align all hits so that they start on the grid with a sampler, programming it a XOX sequencer would sound very different, because this micro relation between the hits is lost.

It would be great when this timing would be implemented in Revolution, when it's existing (I'm pretty sure it exists, since I do exactly this in my MIDI editor all the time with samples to get the micro timing right, the right sounding start from a sample is often not directly on the grid for me).

PS: I'm wondering why there are not round robins for the other character modes like tape1/2 and sp1200 too? Sure the sp1200 is a sampler therefore every hit sounds the same, but I'm curious if there is a possible variation in sound for every hit because of the later circuits in the SP1200?

Last edited by AreYouHuman; 27th August 2017 at 01:26 PM..
Old 27th August 2017
Here for the gear

Bought Revolution and loving it but I thought I had come across a bug in the Revolution Module Instrument (not the other versions). Selecting the ENV option under the filter should bring up a drop down menu with the additional "VEL" option.
But this does not happen...at least not until today when I reloaded a project with a Revolution Module Instrument in it. This bug no longer exists...all works fine! Was it "user error"? If anyone else has come across this please let Wave Alchemy know. Perhaps it is an intermittent bug......or perhaps I had one shandy too many.

Also, is it possible to save+load a setting (for example a BD1 or HH1 or SD1 etc.)? I want to be able to:-

1)save a TOM's settings within a Revolution Drums Instrument
2)load those settings into another TOM within that instance, or another instance, of Revolution Drums Instrument.

OR

1)save a TOM's settings within Revolution Drums Instrument
2)load those settings into a Revolution Module Instrument.

Basically, I want to be able to save and load my edited drum sounds (for example a BD1 or HH1 or SD1 etc.) within the range of Revolution instruments.

I realise the Revolution Perc Instrument and Revolution Drums instruments are not compatible in this case.

Last edited by hesnotthemessiah; 28th August 2017 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: Poor explanation and need to update
Old 29th August 2017
Gear Maniac

By the way, is there a better forum for WA Revolution related things?

I read the first posts ad saw that the devs are writing here, but there seems not soo much post in the last month from them.
Old 29th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouHuman View Post
By the way, is there a better forum for WA Revolution related things?
not that i'm aware of, though there has been some decent talk at KVR. true they haven't been around much lately, but i think WA's interaction here has been outstanding.
Old 8th September 2017
Lives for gear

I've been purposley ignoring this product, not because I don't think it's good(I have transister Revolution from the past but it just made me more lust for the hardware), now I have the hardware Yocto(808), TR-8(909/727/707/606), Arturia Spark/Controller which features the Vintage Drum Library of old school drum machines and last but not least VLinn VST by Aly James Lab, I can get this for a good upgrade price so am gonna try the demo to see what all the fuss is about...just to put my mind at rest.
Old 30th October 2017
Here for the gear

Hey guys. I posted this over at KVR, but saw that this appears to be another active community for Revolution, so I thought I would post here, as well. I am having a problem I am hoping someone can help me with. When using Revolution with Maschine, I am able to use the eight knobs to manipulate the various parameters. If I then go to page 1 of the parameters and use knob 8, which is mapped to drum select, to switch to a different drum, every single drum that I select with the knob gets their respective parameters updated to match that first drum. For example, make some parameter changes to BD1, then use knob 8 to switch to PERC2. In doing so, every single drum is updated to match BD1. If I do NOT use the knob and click the interface, this does not happen and the plugin works as it should. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 10th November 2017
Here for the gear

I hope this will be answered....

Anyway, whats your secret sauce or how do you go about creating punchy kicks and snares with Wave Alchemy Revo? I'm mean only with the built-in effect chain.

Problem is, whenever I dial in the sound that I like, I end up with red meters. Maybe there is some kind of workflow or thought process to achieve that punchyness and also have tame meter levels? Thanks.
Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobe View Post
Problem is, whenever I dial in the sound that I like, I end up with red meters.
May be you just like them overdriven (its not what i call punchy btw.). You wouldnt be the first once
Old 10th November 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
May be you just like them overdriven (its not what i call punchy btw.). You wouldnt be the first once
not exactly helpful but I appreciate the input
Old 11th November 2017
Gear Head

Just bought it.

Do they ship the serial in a separate email?

Last edited by ACIM; 11th November 2017 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 11th November 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
At the moment i am waiting for the serial number to be sent.
That answers my question I assume.
Old 24th November 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave alchemy View Post
Hi there!

Thanks for your interest in Revolution

The free demo version of Revolution requires the full version of Kontakt to work fully without timing out. There is no way of getting around this as Kontakt Player instruments require a unique serial number, and these must be purchased by us from Native Instruments.

You can simply use Revolution in demo mode in Kontakt Free Player for 15 minutes at a time. Once the demo times out, simply re-load Revolution and you can use it for another 15 minutes, etc etc.

The full version of Revolution of course works fully in Kontakt Free Player, as we provide a serial number to authorize it in Native Access after purchase

And of course we are happy to provide a refund if you are not happy with the full version of Revolution - so there's now way to lose out
Hi Wave Alchemy,

I'm not able to run the demo, also stuck in 'demo mode'. Even after re-loading it in Kontakt. Also installed 'native access', doesn't help :( Any thoughts?

https://pasteboard.co/GV6Up7P.png
Old 25th December 2017
Gear Nut

Any news on an update or separate product exploring new drum machines?
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear

WA team,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what exactly would one be missing out on if one were to skip Revolution and go directly to Evolution?

I mean sample, processing and functionality-wise.
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
WA team,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what exactly would one be missing out on if one were to skip Revolution and go directly to Evolution?

I mean sample, processing and functionality-wise.
From what I read in an email its a completely different product. Revolution is vintage drum machines, evolution seems to be a new modern concept mixing analog/acoustic etc.
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Thanks mate.

I can't help but wonder if there's much, if any overlap sound-wise with Revolution 'though.

I mean, I could live without the uber accuracy of the Revolution samples if I could mangle similar sounds with sufficient finesse in Evolution.

Thanks again, breakmixer.
Old 26th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Does it have a note trigger like the mpc or Mashine or Battery 3. eg; Can you hold down a note and have it play back in 8th,16th,32nd, 64th and triplets automatically?

Last edited by roaringwave; 26th December 2017 at 08:25 AM..
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringwave View Post
Does it have a note trigger like the mpc or Mashine or Battery 3. eg; Can you hold down a note and have it play back in 8th,16th,32nd, 64th and triplets automatically?
You can have it for any kontakt instruments via script presets ..
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
From what I read in an email its a completely different product. Revolution is vintage drum machines, evolution seems to be a new modern concept mixing analog/acoustic etc.
Yeah, that's what I suspected. Thanks mate.

I can't help but wonder if there's much, if any overlap sound-wise with Revolution 'though.

I mean, I could live without the uber accuracy of the Revolution samples if I could mangle similar sounds with sufficient finesse in Evolution.

Thanks again, breakmixer.
Well, according to the email I just received from WA many have been asking about the library content. Turns out that at first glance, at least a dozen vintage / classic machines were sampled and the models constitute the bulk of those represented in Revolution AFAICT, so that overlap I was hoping for is there, although I suspect the full detail and RR functionality for these kits that's available in Revolution will have been sacrificed.

Curious as to whether these kits' sample sets are:

1) Slimmed-down versions of the Revolution ones, sacrificing layers and most if not all RR samples
2) Existing ones from previous libraries
3) Completely-new ones

Only the WA team can tell us this... hint hint, team...
Old 29th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Was looking for an Evolution thread but couldn't find one (seem to remember there was one, but now i can't see it).

I own Revolution and i would simply like to know if the 909 808 etc samples are the same in both these products, and the obvious follow up is: If they are not the same what exactly is the difference?
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

it probably doesn't have the multi-samples and round robin triggering, but single samples per sound of 808/909/etc. just a guess, but i'd be surprised if it were more than that.

does this not have single "modules" like they eventually added (sort of) with 'REVOLUTION'? don't see that mentioned anywhere.
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

Evolution seems more to be about layering different drum sounds whilst Revolution focusses on authentic classic sound.

Again its mainly programmed around mouse use, which will render it pointless for the most drum enthusiasts i guess.

WA processes and samples themself, which so to be commended. Therein lies the strength of their libraries imo. Its no cook up off internet samples.

However due to this they seem to be forced to use Kontakt as platform to protect their samples (understandable!). The problem is Kontakt doesnt allow certain switches to be controlled by hardware. Basically whenever you have to use a menu. And that kills all hardware integration right there.
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

the Maschine integration for 'REVOLUTION' is pretty nice actually. this seems more complicated with the layering, but maybe not too much.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search