The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland Cloud
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Rebooting seems to have fixed whatever was wrong. No other plugins were failing to load, and I've never had this issue with any other plugins, ever. Either some possible error condition isn't being caught properly or something is fundamentally flawed with the authorization system.

On the topic of problems and bugs with Roland Cloud, here's a list of all the ones I'm currently aware of:
  1. No matter how I close the Roland Cloud Manager app — either by clicking the X in the top left, or choosing "Quit" from the menubar — the app seems to close normally, but shortly thereafter I get a crash report. It's crashing on quit, every time, and it's been doing this for months, on two different machines. Not the menubar/background app; just the user-facing app you use to install/update things. Doesn't seem to affect anything (other than annoying me when the crash report window pops up 2 minutes later).
  2. The arpeggiator is broken for single notes on the SH-2 and ProMars. Holding down a single key results in the note being played correctly once, then a garbled noise that repeats instead of the actual note. Works properly when holding two or more notes. I'm not seeing this issue on any of the other plugins.
  3. The Hold (aka Key Hold) button does not work in any plugins. I expect it to keep holding whatever notes I'm currently holding on my keyboard, but it doesn't. The only notes it will hold are ones you click on the on-screen keyboard, and therefore it can only hold one note at a time.
  4. As I've mentioned a dozen times before, many (but not all) of the plugins have an issue where the entire UI freezes for 5+ seconds every time I go to the next/previous patch or load one from the patch window. This one only happens in Ableton Live (occurs in both the VST3 and AU versions). Doesn't happen in Logic. But no other plugins exhibit this behavior in Ableton Live.
  5. The thing that just happened — all plugins were refusing to load, resulting in an endless beachball that froze my entire DAW and required me to force quit. Happened in both Logic and Ableton Live. I had to reboot to fix it.

I really like these plugins, but this stuff has to finally get fixed, or I'm simply not going to renew my subscription when it expires.
Hey, Stormchild! Thanks for taking the time to put these together. I'm going to get with the team and see what's going on here. Thanks for all of these notes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
Personally I just won't be satisfied until I see this condition knob affect the market value for second-hand hardware 106's.

This got an LOL in the office. I love that condition knob, but I'm always fascinated with hardware imperfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhbrit View Post
So I registered my new Fantom in December and haven’t received a notification for the special offer for Roland Cloud. Is their customer service slow or is this just a COVID thing?
Hi, dkhbrit! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Here's a handy registration page for the Zen-Core Fully Loaded promotion. Let me know if this works, I can assist if you need help at all. Thanks!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/key
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
Here's another interesting one (IMO) - the LED-style metering on the ACB stuff. Check what happens when you hit the red with different instruments. The xOx's are especially sexy here.
The Promars is also really nice when pushed into the red with the volume knob. Unfortunately this isn't modelled when loaded into my System-1 though.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfc83 View Post
The Promars is also really nice when pushed into the red with the volume knob. Unfortunately this isn't modelled when loaded into my System-1 though.
I think it is but it depends on the patch volume on the system-1. Besides the regular master volume knob, there is a patch volume parameter which is accessible by holding Tempo Sync knob (i think) and scroll the value knob on the 1m or (i think) the scatter dial. You need to raise the patch volume to get the same result as raising the volume in the plugin
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen View Post
I think it is but it depends on the patch volume on the system-1. Besides the regular master volume knob, there is a patch volume parameter which is accessible by holding Tempo Sync knob (i think) and scroll the value knob on the 1m or (i think) the scatter dial. You need to raise the patch volume to get the same result as raising the volume in the plugin
No, the patch volume control doesn't have the same effect either. They literally didn't model it in the plugout. Give it a try.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Roland Cloud is pure embarassment!

sorry for venting, but how is it possible that such a big company is not able to create software that works? I have had nothing but trouble for 2 years with the Roland Cloud and I really wanted to be supportive, but the latest events really are the last nail on the coffin.

Last year I was not able to log into the Roland Cloud apps for 2 months, until an update finally fixed it. Of course I was paying the 2 months even though I was not able to use the plugins.

Now, since Roland moved the payment system from Xsolla to Fastspring, my membership was cancelled, because Fastspring was not able to charge me through Paypal. Well, my Paypal is totally fine, but the Fastspring page seems broken. I have insert my Paypal details multiple times with different browsers, but that page just does not store my payment details. It nothing but pure frustration.

I have been in touch with Jules from Roland support and he was great, but man, what a major screw up. Anyway, since I read many frustrated posts here, I thought I just add my 2 cents of bad experience. Going to update my Arturia package now instead.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponybob View Post
sorry for venting, but how is it possible that such a big company is not able to create software that works? I have had nothing but trouble for 2 years with the Roland Cloud and I really wanted to be supportive, but the latest events really are the last nail on the coffin.

Last year I was not able to log into the Roland Cloud apps for 2 months, until an update finally fixed it. Of course I was paying the 2 months even though I was not able to use the plugins.

Now, since Roland moved the payment system from Xsolla to Fastspring, my membership was cancelled, because Fastspring was not able to charge me through Paypal. Well, my Paypal is totally fine, but the Fastspring page seems broken. I have insert my Paypal details multiple times with different browsers, but that page just does not store my payment details. It nothing but pure frustration.

I have been in touch with Jules from Roland support and he was great, but man, what a major screw up. Anyway, since I read many frustrated posts here, I thought I just add my 2 cents of bad experience. Going to update my Arturia package now instead.
Hey, ponybob! Sorry that you're having difficulty with the service. I can assist with those issues. I'll reach out and connect with a PM so we can get you back to jamming. We'll take care of you, my friend. Thanks!
📝 Reply