The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
roland mx1 aira link
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesign75 View Post
If the answer was available to me elsewhere I wouldn't be asking here where other users can shed some light? Stop trolling the board.
The truth is that the documentation provided by Roland on this gear is really bad. But the Roland fan crowd won't accept any critism, no matter how well-founded, so be prepared for a huge sh1tstorm as soon as you ask a "wrong" question.

As far as we know, a lot of gear is half-ass supported by AIRA USB link. Your A-01 seems to be able to receive a sync signal via AIRA USB, other than that it's not supported.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can anyone confirm whether the A-01 works with AIRA LINK for audio and MIDI routing to the MX-1?
Try reading the thread, the answer is there! Moreover read the specs of the A-01, answer is there too and has already been provided here.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
If the answer was available to me elsewhere I wouldn't be asking here where other users can shed some light? Stop trolling the board.
I'm not trolling. I thought you were.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
can the Scooper be powered over USB?
I know others have answered this, but I will provide some additional information, the AIRA digital eurorack units, (Scooper, Demora etc), require LARGE amounts of power. More then most eurorack modules.

I have the System500m (well DID have it, on semi-permanent loan to a friend who is teaching with it), and have their eurorack. The only way for the AIRA modules to be powered was with their supplied power supply... They simply draw way too much juice... as to why, not sure... but have to drill a hole in the rack or have the power cables coming out one end of an open spot to a power strip or something, (if you can squeeze one in an existing eurorack module you can do that as well... but not sure if that is the best idea for heat considerations and whatnot...)...

So the (semi-"AFAIK" in use) explanation/definitive answer is no, unfortunately... GREAT units... and the fact that you can reconfigure them in so many ways make them a perfect gate-way drug for eurorack stuff... something I think Roland should have made, so should make more clear in selling them... You can turn them into all sorts of things... my modular enthusiast friends really really like them... but for integrating with an MX1 directly, you must power them otherwise.... I wish all the MX1 usb inputs would provide power, as it would make a great interface with just the boutiques etc, but I imagine cost/heat/power supply issues would pile up, and when it was designed, I am not sure if the Boutiques were done in their design etc...
Old 8th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post
Try reading the thread, the answer is there! Moreover read the specs of the A-01, answer is there too and has already been provided here.
No it's not, you only referred to the specs which don't even mention mention AIRA LINK. That doesn't mean it's not supported or wasn't added later. Do you own an A-01/MX-1? It makes perfect sense for me to ask actual users of this setup to confirm. Now get back under your bridge.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
No it's not, you only referred to the specs which don't even mention mention AIRA LINK. That doesn't mean it's not supported or wasn't added later. Do you own an A-01/MX-1? It makes perfect sense for me to ask actual users of this setup to confirm. Now get back under your bridge.
Have you actually read the specs, the answer IS THERE!
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Can anyone confirm whether the A-01 works with AIRA LINK for audio and MIDI routing to the MX-1?

Quote:
Here the specs, clue is there you munchkin.
ConnectorsPHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
CV OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
GATE OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: MicroB type (MIDI)
Old 8th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by goony View Post

Here the specs, clue is there you munchkin.
ConnectorsPHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
CV OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
GATE OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: MicroB type (MIDI)
Still doesn't answer the question about whether AIRA LINK is supported, could just be talking about regular USB MIDI. Are there any actual users that can confirm?

Last edited by sdesign75; 9th January 2017 at 12:17 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

my TB03 is connected to Aira Link 3 and it powers it too
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

classic GS thread.

Last edited by whatever17; 1 week ago at 05:25 AM..
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
classic GS thread.
Right; if we didn't want to be abused and derailed, we shoulda gone to that *other* online forum
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPogo View Post
Right; if we didn't want to be abused and derailed, we shoulda gone to that *other* online forum
i meant that it was 6 pages of nothing, about some USB cable. i had to read past the first page, although nothing at all happened, just to see if it went anywhere, and it didn't. it just went to the start again.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
i meant that it was 6 pages of nothing, about some USB cable. i had to read past the first page, although nothing at all happened, just to see if it went anywhere, and it didn't. it just went to the start again.
I hear ya; just seems to be the internet these days
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

what kind of cable do you need for connecting a mx1 to a roland boutique?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search