The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
December 2016 New Gear Thread
Old 7th December 2016
Lives for gear

Picked up a decent condition Juno 106 for 300. I'm refurbishing this for a friend who's gonna keep it. It's the first one I'll be working on so there's lots to learn. It looks like all the voices are operational and never has had the acetone bath done on them. Apparently it hasn't been played much for about 20 years. Fun project!
Attached Thumbnails
December 2016 New Gear Thread-50263084223__9dbc72a9-4219-48ef-a6f1-e493ccc8643b.jpg  
Old 7th December 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear
There's came last week. Still haven't had a chance to play with them! December 2016 New Gear Thread-img_3323.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
December 2016 New Gear Thread-img_3323.jpg  
Old 7th December 2016
Lives for gear

Grabbed a cheap blofeld module and patchbay.

Blofeld sounded nice to me.
Old 8th December 2016
Gear Guru

New gator case to house my MOTU and Mac Mini..

Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

Just unpacked it. Very excited.
Attached Thumbnails
December 2016 New Gear Thread-twovoice.png  
Old 8th December 2016
Aml
Gear Maniac

Pretty stoked
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

New toys!

Old 8th December 2016 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvsyco View Post
What a beautiful synth. You sir win December in my book.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aml View Post

Pretty stoked
Nice! I haven't looked in depth at kick drum modules, but their clap module certainly put these guys on my radar. The clap is a must have IMO, and if I'm going to buy a kit, I might as well throw the kick in too, right?
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aml View Post

Pretty stoked
Welcome to the club...

it's the best kick I've heard in euro so far, I use mine on every track now..
Aml
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Welcome to the club...

it's the best kick I've heard in euro so far, I use mine on every track now..
I have the Mbase01 and the Tip Top BD909. I think both have their strong points, but hoping this one will fill in the gap between the two. I especially find that the usable range on the Tip Top module is slightly limited.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Jelly over here...Congrats!
Lives for gear

Got this...

And one of these...

[IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0105/4542/products/moog-mother32_grande.jpg?v=****666353[/IMG]

Unfortunately I can't unpack and place them until tomorrow. Tonight I'll be re-arranging the desk to make room for them. If I get on well with the M32 over the next month or so I'll order a second one and stack them.

Should make for a fun weekend.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Super nice! Love the look in black. I've got a MIDI-to-CV SEM and am debating whether to sell it / mod it with jacks / pick up one of those....

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoy View Post
Picked up a decent condition Juno 106 for 300. I'm refurbishing this for a friend who's gonna keep it. It's the first one I'll be working on so there's lots to learn. It looks like all the voices are operational and never has had the acetone bath done on them. Apparently it hasn't been played much for about 20 years. Fun project!
I highly recommend the KiwiTechnics upgrade - updated both my JX-3P as well as my HS-60 (Juno-106S), and it's absolutely a must-have; comes with an editor for the 106 as well.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
I highly recommend the KiwiTechnics upgrade - updated both my JX-3P as well as my HS-60 (Juno-106S), and it's absolutely a must-have; comes with an editor for the 106 as well.
Sure, it all depends on how many renaissance filters it needs. The problem with the Kiwi (and I suspect it's why you don't see many of them around) is that it's an added cost to the filter chips you have to replace, which almost all 106s suffer, so it ends up being expensive to perfectly refurbish. I'll know soon enough after the acetone bath next week.
Lives for gear

I wasn't supposed to be buying this, but... resistance is futile.

December 2016 New Gear Thread-qplus1.jpg

Not sure that I'm in control of this gear, I think I'm the 'ugly bag of mostly water' that slaves away doing a day job just to provide these synths with fresh electrons.
Attached Thumbnails
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
I wasn't supposed to be buying this, but... resistance is futile.

Not sure that I'm in control of this gear, I think I'm the 'ugly bag of mostly water' that slaves away doing a day job just to provide these synths with fresh electrons.
Welcome brother!!! we are few but we know!!!
Old 9th December 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by choond View Post
New toys!

Nice one's B.
How do you like the Electribe?
I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace the TR8 that I rarely use.
Lives for gear

Upgraded the 'ol monitors this month.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
Nice one's B.
How do you like the Electribe?
I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace the TR8 that I rarely use.
Hey M!

The sound quality is excellent, I believe it has the King Korg VA engine with its analog modeled filters. You get a huge amount of controls per drum/synth part.

Its ok as drum machine, but the main difference between the E2 and traditional drum machines like the TR-8 is you have to pick one part to adjust at a time, and flick between them to adjust anything. All the effects probably inspire experimental rhythm more than traditional drum tones, though there are bits and pieces from 808 and 909 kits in the oscillator section.

I do like it a lot, and would consider adding the sampler. I wouldn't mind a closer look at the drumbrute too when I'm not broke

How about you, has the drumbrute caught your interest? What about the 909 boutique?
Gear Maniac
I went on a bit of an acquisition bender this month. But to be fair I had planned to do so for a while, just not at this scale.

I needed a backup poly for my OB8 so I was waiting for the holiday sales at both the local music store and a national chain. I thought I was going to get a prophet 6 or a OB-6 but walked out with a Minimoog. ($2800 out the door!!!)

Then there was a huge estate sale here with a Prophet 5 locally so I went to go check it out but it was a Rev 3 so I ended up buying a Voyetra 8.

(Oh and I picked up a Nord Electro 5D for a main keybed as it has splits and really good organ sounds)

And my Dominion 1 finally showed up so ya...sleep is a little scarce right now and I will be busy on Craigslist after the new year getting rid of the redundant stuff.

Not a bad time in life really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsample View Post
You sir win December in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
I take back what I said. You both win.

Strap yourselves in boys and girls, it's gonna be a slutty month
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by choond View Post
Hey M!

The sound quality is excellent, I believe it has the King Korg VA engine with its analog modeled filters. You get a huge amount of controls per drum/synth part.

Its ok as drum machine, but the main difference between the E2 and traditional drum machines like the TR-8 is you have to pick one part to adjust at a time, and flick between them to adjust anything. All the effects probably inspire experimental rhythm more than traditional drum tones, though there are bits and pieces from 808 and 909 kits in the oscillator section.

I do like it a lot, and would consider adding the sampler. I wouldn't mind a closer look at the drumbrute too when I'm not broke

How about you, has the drumbrute caught your interest? What about the 909 boutique?
Thanks, sounds cool.
I actually thought that was the sampler, my mistake, they kind of look similar.
Drumbrute looks really nice, though I like the idea of adding new sounds, so a sampler would be the most desirable.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
Thanks, sounds cool.
I actually thought that was the sampler, my mistake, they kind of look similar.
Drumbrute looks really nice, though I like the idea of adding new sounds, so a sampler would be the most desirable.
The sampler looks way cooler in sleek black IMO
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Guru

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkindler View Post
Minimoog. ... a Voyetra 8. ... Nord Electro 5D ... Dominion 1
So the only way to top that is if Santa squeezes a CS80 into a stocking for you.
Gear Maniac

Early X-mas present to myself. I think it was a really good deal at the $149 price point, especially considering the keyboard module itself goes for $99. Initial impressions? It's definitely more fun than the Beatstep was, the onboard synth is simple but still pretty nice and gritty, and I was surprised at how well the Bluetooth worked controlling my iPad. I know lots of folks criticize the form factor of the Boutique series, but I've got to say, I rather like them myself (as I should since this is my 4th one).
Old 9th December 2016
Gear Nut

S3000xl and Roland Space Echo RE-201
Old 10th December 2016
Picked up these 2.

Been eyeing that sherman for years now. Finally bit the bullet.

Last edited by bloodsample; 14th December 2016 at 04:57 AM..
Old 10th December 2016

bought mainly for concerts. will be running my iphone7 with Rhodes IK libs, and some synths/granular.

Impulse isn't the greatest keybed, but seemed like best compromise btwn conflicting requirements i had: hammer shape keybed yet light frame, small and portable controller, with solid software control, mix sliders and pads for clip launch. cheap. so i very well coudn't expect nice heavy duty graded hammer i have at home. bought plugkey a little bit on good faith.. got a gig coming up, we'll see how it fares soon.

RE-303 Space Cadet hardware bundle. and not shown; mouser kit and rare transistors kit.

December 2016 New Gear Thread-15303890_10155032073142439_1435966774_o.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
December 2016 New Gear Thread-15303890_10155032073142439_1435966774_o.jpg  
Closed