The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC live
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by korakios View Post
It's another bug, was expecting to touch Drum 5 and qlinks should automatically select 5-8

Also I'm afraid that you can't trigger the MultiDrum from another track which would be great for layering samples with sample based drum track
I don't know if it's a bug. I think it's more of a design flaw. The MPC/Force can only show 16 QLinks at any given time. So by the time you get to channels 5-8 on the DrumSynth you've already gone over 16 link parameters. It's limitation of the OS imo.

Just in general they could have better designed the Drumsynth. It's a bit hack-y. It sounds great but the user experience could be better. Right now they are stretching the limits of what these plugins can do just in-terms of what the OS itself supports. I understand why they designed DS that way. They wanted to include the Send Effects, if they used the Pad Mixer view they would lose that functionality. They are really going to have to go back to the drawing board for 3.0 imo as they are going to keep running into these types of issues as they add plugins.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grainsynth View Post
Sounds fun! Reminds me of the Gotharman stuff. I'd pick one up!
if Gotharman made his beat machines in the form factor of the polyend tracker or some other sleek and slim form factor he wouldn't be able to walk down the street for fear of being mobbed... he'd be more popular than the Beatles
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpcMc View Post
Why not an Mpc where Akai takes advantage of the touchscreen?
Like a touch eq, good touch XY fx, a touch mixer and so on?
they can do that now.... they should have at least one employee who does nothing but focus on how to take advantage of that damn touch screen...

strum articulations
put a kaoss pad in that thing
a plethora of isomorphic maps

but they def need to come out with another model that has no touch screen...
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
they can do that now.... they should have at least one employee who does nothing but focus on how to take advantage of that damn touch screen...

strum articulations
put a kaoss pad in that thing
a plethora of isomorphic maps
I already have Kaoss Pad.
But if Akai understands that Mpc has a touchscreen, maybe I save space on the table.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
personally I'd rather they replace the touch screen with some faders, and an extending joystick on the new model, and add a crossfader too haha
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
personally I'd rather they replace the touch screen with some faders, and an extending joystick on the new model, and add a crossfader too haha
I think it's not gonna happen, Akai just built all new devices around the touchscreen.
Maybe Deluge?
Anyway the touchscreen is there, screaming to be used as a touchscreen.
I would put an Eq like ProQ, a spectrum analyzer and Kaosspad quality fx just to start.
Old 30th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I can’t barely understand all the complains after the last update. I have had nothing but tons of fun and inspiring music making with my MPC live from day 1, and that was pre OS 2.3 IIRC. It’s one of the greatest standalone electronic instrument on the planet. And the best part : it’s still evolving with probably some surprises and improvements ahead. There is no reason for so much bitterness. Indeed, the last update was a very pleasant surprise, I f***ing love this drum synth. I think It sounds amazing. If some of us cannot find their ways among the endless possibilities the mpc has to offer. Maybe it's time to think about selling it and buy a laptop instead. I believe many whiners here are nothing but spoilt children feeling betrayed because the specs of a machine is not on par with their fantasized musical talent. I can still remember the days I powered on my very first sequencer. It was 30yrs ago, a now very modest Roland D20. It was one of the best day of my life. I still think about this day as the day I could finally make electronic music. Maybe that’s why I consider the mpc live as a true dream machine.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
I can’t barely understand all the complains after the last update. I have had nothing but tons of fun and inspiring music making with my MPC live from day 1, and that was pre OS 2.3 IIRC. It’s one of the greatest standalone electronic instrument on the planet. And the best part : it’s still evolving with probably some surprises and improvements ahead. There is no reason for so much bitterness. Indeed, the last update was a very pleasant surprise, I f***ing love this drum synth. I think It sounds amazing. If some of us cannot find their ways among the endless possibilities the mpc has to offer. Maybe it's time to think about selling it and buy a laptop instead. I believe many whiners here are nothing but spoilt children feeling betrayed because the specs of a machine is not on par with their fantasized musical talent. I can still remember the days I powered on my very first sequencer. It was 30yrs ago, a now very modest Roland D20. It was one of the best day of my life. I still think about this day as the day I could finally make electronic music. Maybe that’s why I consider the mpc live as a true dream machine.
how was the midi timing on it?
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
No you don't get it.
Complains are because Akai has a good reputation of not solving the bugs that come out everytime they add new features.
And because they add new features but don't solve the bugs.
Old 1st December 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Seeing the things they did on the force with the touch screen has me excited for the MPC's future. You can turn the XY pad into a kaoss pad on steroids'(exaggeration). You can assign different(multiple) parameters per row, horizontal or vertical. Make it a vertical fader control if you like. Fader control with Fx etc etc etc. Giving it some musical functionality would take the XY pad out of this world.
Old 1st December 2020
Here for the gear

My one and only complaint is that I bought the thing full price last year with the assumption that it already did have a linear sequencer of sorts. I wont get into what made me think that lol.. but I did. It's solid in every other way, no complaints. Really hope to see it get there, though.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
2.7 and 2.8 had quite some timing hiccups when carrying out some operations while playing (e.g., transpose on main screen). Haven't check yet if the fixed that on 2.9.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Mecha View Post
Seeing the things they did on the force with the touch screen has me excited for the MPC's future. You can turn the XY pad into a kaoss pad on steroids'(exaggeration). You can assign different(multiple) parameters per row, horizontal or vertical. Make it a vertical fader control if you like. Fader control with Fx etc etc etc. Giving it some musical functionality would take the XY pad out of this world.
I'd like to see it align to a scale or pad perform. It should be playable like a chaos pad, omnnichord, a ribbon controller. It should be assignable to midi and plugins.
Lives for gear

There is no reason that there can't be a 2.10 or 2.11 or 2.12 after 2.9.

Major.Minor.Revision does not abide by decimal increments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwa...ting_sequences
Deleted 199ae7d 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm View Post
There is no reason that there can't be a 2.10 or 2.11 or 2.12 after 2.9.

Major.Minor.Revision does not abide by decimal increments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwa...ting_sequences
Indeed. Besides that, I didn’t see any proof or hint yet from Akai that MPC 3.0 exists. Dan wrote some things a long time (year+) ago about specific features that “probably will be available in 3.0”, that’s all there is.

The comments in this thread the last week suggestd 3.0 will be released during NAMM (together with an MPC X MKII) but I don’t think we’ll see 3.0 or a new MPC any time soon.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
2.7 and 2.8 had quite some timing hiccups when carrying out some operations while playing (e.g., transpose on main screen). Haven't check yet if the fixed that on 2.9.
was talking about the Roland d20 but thanks for that info as I haven't updated yet
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepcorrect View Post
My one and only complaint is that I bought the thing full price last year with the assumption that it already did have a linear sequencer of sorts. I wont get into what made me think that lol.. but I did. It's solid in every other way, no complaints. Really hope to see it get there, though.
What do you mean by linear sequencer? You can make a single sequence (practically) as long as you want. That's as linear as it gets isn't it?

Beyond that, I get all the detail I need in arrangements just by structuring sequences (which can be lengthened, shortened, doubled, halved, and possess different track lengths), all without touching song mode. I manually flick between each, which I find keeps the process organic.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
was talking about the Roland d20 but thanks for that info as I haven't updated yet
Ooops, sorry.

edit:
to continue to provide information you did not actually ask for: no, they did not fix that in 2.9
Gear Maniac

While true, marketing would absolutely fight anything that *looks* like a regression.
Old 1st December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sigh. Are we really going to have to deal with another account for that dude? You know all he's going to do is create another one. He can't stay away.
Gear Addict

Does anyone know if the mpc live 2 retro edition is ever comming to north america cause i do not see it at many stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
Sigh. Are we really going to have to deal with another account for that dude? You know all he's going to do is create another one. He can't stay away.
we've got to start a sweepstake on spotting the next username
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatWilson View Post
Does anyone know if the mpc live 2 retro edition is ever comming to north america cause i do not see it at many stores.
It's in stock at American Musical:

https://www.americanmusical.com/akai...PCLIVE2XL-LIST

They're based out of Oakland, New Jersey.

Zzounds has it too:

https://www.zzounds.com/item--AKAMPCLIVE2XL

They're out of Chicago, IL.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
i had a Roland D-10, controlled by Alesis MMT-8, made a dozen songs on it - which used all 16 MIDI channels multi-timbral, never had complaints about timing
Old 1st December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Your favorite Maschine2MPC software has been updated.

There was a fix for a potential crash and Abbey Road 60s early kit has been fixed (I mean I fixed the NI bad naming of the files in this kit because I couldn't stand it anymore)

It is here, free, donationware:

https://mediachance.com/midimacros/maschine2mpc.html

Thanks, to all people who donated to project. Without you, I will still not have shoes.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
A year ago we all told him, both here and the MPC forums, it sounds like his MPC is just f**ked and he needs to contact Akai and get it looked at.. That's when he started the whole rage quit/make a new account deal.

Still don't think he ever did it, seems like he's hoping some magic firmware update will fix his hardware issues.. But he tried telling us he CANT call Akai and lives in the middle of nowhere, blah blah blah.. Yet he somehow bought one in the first place??
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavejockey View Post
i had a Roland D-10, controlled by Alesis MMT-8, made a dozen songs on it - which used all 16 MIDI channels multi-timbral, never had complaints about timing
had an MMT-8 too... simpler times and great results
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Your favorite Maschine2MPC software has been updated.

There was a fix for a potential crash and Abbey Road 60s early kit has been fixed (I mean I fixed the NI bad naming of the files in this kit because I couldn't stand it anymore)

It is here, free, donationware:

https://mediachance.com/midimacros/maschine2mpc.html

Thanks, to all people who donated to project. Without you, I will still not have shoes.
Hey, I've only been following this a little bit, as I have no Maschine packs, but you mentioned Abbey Road Drums... does this convert Kontakt libs, as well?

My god, now if someone could come up with a Kontakt to MPC, I'd be all over that, as using autosampler is maddening.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordradish View Post
Hey, I've only been following this a little bit, as I have no Maschine packs, but you mentioned Abbey Road Drums... does this convert Kontakt libs, as well?

My god, now if someone could come up with a Kontakt to MPC, I'd be all over that, as using autosampler is maddening.
He means the abbey road drums in maschine

You can convert kontakt libraries to akai format using chicken system but it wont work on protected libraries like the Native Instruments ones.
Old 2nd December 2020
Gear Addict

Just had a simple idea I’ve been struggling with making complete songs. You should think about using song mode right after you’ve created a verse and chorus beat on separate sequences - which I do a lot and then wrestle with building each separately. Grab those and put a basic song structure together right away and save that structure down into a 70 bar sequence - and then build up the song from that new sequence rather than running two separate’threads’. I get bogged down with too many sequences pretty fast and of course vocal ideas will be much easier to work on.
📝 Reply