The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC live
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy View Post
Listen the drum synth of the M+, the synthetic sounds are much better.
I have both Maschine and MPC Live. I disagree. I much prefer the range and tone of the MPC drumsynth. Especially for synthetic sounds.

Maschine does better realistic physical modeling but the MPC does way better and more interesting synthetic drums.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
I have both Maschine and MPC Live. I disagree. I much prefer the range and tone of the MPC drumsynth. Especially for synthetic sounds.

Maschine does better realistic physical modeling but the MPC does way better and more interesting synthetic drums.
I also have both and agree with this. I am not particularly interested in 'realistic' drum sounds from drum 'synth' (I have samples for that!) so this is the way I prefer it....just 1 or 2 drum synth sounds mixed in with a 'real' kit can add a lot of interest to a beat.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
I also have both and agree with this. I am not particularly interested in 'realistic' drum sounds from drum 'synth' (I have samples for that!) so this is the way I prefer it....just 1 or 2 drum synth sounds mixed in with a 'real' kit can add a lot of interest to a beat.
I don't own a maschine, but I own a Tr8s, a Live and a "real" drum set, a Roland TD25k, with very realistic sounds in.

If I want realistic sounds I'll never use the Tr8s or the Live, because if you want realistic sounds you have to play it in a real drumset, or a layered sampled drumkit with a lot of work. Is impossible to achieve a realistic "snare" sound just because a snare has at least 6 or 7 different sounds, with different velocity layers depending where you hit the snare, a lot of different sounds for a single pad.

Based on this I prefer synthetic sounds in a drum synth, for realistic ones I want a real drum or very specialized modules, including a real drum and sticks to play it. I like this plugin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeRivera View Post
I don't own a maschine, but I own a Tr8s, a Live and a "real" drum set, a Roland TD25k, with very realistic sounds in.

If I want realistic sounds I'll never use the Tr8s or the Live, because if you want realistic sounds you have to play it in a real drumset, or a layered sampled drumkit with a lot of work. Is impossible to achieve a realistic "snare" sound just because a snare has at least 6 or 7 different sounds, with different velocity layers depending where you hit the snare, a lot of different sounds for a single pad.

Based on this I prefer synthetic sounds in a drum synth, for realistic ones I want a real drum or very specialized modules, including a real drum and sticks to play it. I like this plugin
I like realistic beats, like rock beats, but through the limitation of sampled drum machines...so theyre obviously not realistic...I think the synth drum percussion might make them more interesting.

Theres a lot of angry voices out there giving Akai a hard time, Ive noticed on FB groups too...even to the extent of threatening Akai to post their faults over the internet unless certain demands are met. Its a weird time in the world and I hope thats whats fueling this crazy entitlement
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I like realistic beats, like rock beats, but through the limitation of sampled drum machines...so theyre obviously not realistic...I think the synth drum percussion might make them more interesting.

Theres a lot of angry voices out there giving Akai a hard time, Ive noticed on FB groups too...even to the extent of threatening Akai to post their faults over the internet unless certain demands are met. Its a weird time in the world and I hope thats whats fueling this crazy entitlement
People ask for bug fixes and coding general improvements before Splice and a drum synth.
Internet gives space to everyone and everyone has different necessities.
What's wrong with that?
I am amongst the people who dislikes Splice and is meh about drum synth.
Others like splice and drum synth.
That's fine.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Theres a lot of angry voices out there giving Akai a hard time

I'd say there's lot of angry voices about anything on the internet
Here for the gear

Every Move Akai Makes Is Motivated by Revenue? 2.9 is a power move to grab Maschine users over here to a Better Standalone Unit. Most of gripes we want, there are workarounds to. Akai doesn't want to pay a Handful of Software Engineers to work out some "Bugs".
They're probably still tryin to Re-coup Overhead R&D Costs for the Live 2 and The One.

Big Wigs Make The Decisions, unfortunately Not the Devs and Techinicians :(

Last edited by 40Beatz; 27th November 2020 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: add emoji
dsy
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
They are the exact same. Not sure why standalone or software makes a difference. It's not like Maschine+ is sprinkling some magic pixie dust in standalone that they are not doing in the Maschine software. The same with Akai. Other than the better sounding timestretch in the software there is no discernible difference in sound between standalone and the software.
Do you think Massive/FM8/Kontakt sounds better in Maschine+ than it does in the Maschine software? Sorry I have to call you out on that comment because it's just silly.

I don't say Maschine+ is better than Maschine on a computer. I said: Maschine+ drum synth sounds better than MPC drum synth for me.

Why you can't compare Maschine and a Maschine controler ? Because of the audio interface on the computer.

- Imagine I'm using the ASIO4ALL driver on my laptop for Maschine with internal Realtek audio interface. Can I compare with Maschine+? No, its silly.

- Imagine I'm using a Lynx audio interface on my computer for Maschine. Can I compare with Maschine+? No, its silly.

I don't know the Maschine MK3 audio interface. I cannot compare.

Every body has own taste about sounds. I don't like. You like. Its ok. Who care.

Sometime I think that negative reviews about the MPC are forbidden. Why? I don't know.
I love the sequencer of the MPC. I dislike the drum synth. I like the screen. I hate the pads. And then?
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
I don't say Maschine+ is better than Maschine on a computer. I said: Maschine+ drum synth sounds better than MPC drum synth for me.

Why you can't compare Maschine and a Maschine controler ? Because of the audio interface on the computer.

- Imagine I'm using the ASIO4ALL driver on my laptop for Maschine with internal Realtek audio interface. Can I compare with Maschine+? No, its silly.

- Imagine I'm using a Lynx audio interface on my computer for Maschine. Can I compare with Maschine+? No, its silly.

Every body has own taste about sounds. I don't like. You like. Its ok. Who care.

Sometime I think that negative reviews about the MPC are forbidden. Why? I don't know.
I love the sequencer of the MPC. I dislike the drum synth. I like the screen. I hate the pads. And then?
Then they are going to say you are a cry baby or a troll.
Because some of them think they are more expert then you or want to control the territory.
Never mind. It's internet.
Quote:

buy a better audio interface....who said negative reviews of the MPC arent allowed, all he was saying is his opinion differs.

You hate the pads? now I cant take anything you say seriously
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraLeVipere View Post
I'd say there's lot of angry voices about anything on the internet
yup...and a lot of constant nippy little whiners too...deciphering the real concerns is hard with all the noise
I remember chatting with the beta team at the water cooler during testing months ago and we made a pact to never mention the instant track mute to akai, every time its brought up we shoot it down saying it works fine...it sure has been funny

Last edited by Reptil; 29th November 2020 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: -
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i really hope this drum synth (that was around since past january) might be just a cookie for a new update that hopefully might come in january at namm, kind of 3.0
so akai can make their blablabla and finally make and correct those small (but very annoying) bugs and **** things this ****ing mpc still has
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoul View Post
i really hope this drum synth (that was around since past january) might be just a cookie for a new update that hopefully might come in january at namm, kind of 3.0
so akai can make their blablabla and finally make and correct those small (but very annoying) bugs and **** things this ****ing mpc still has
I think a previous user (KikeRivera) said it perfectly.
They are all focused on 3.0.
So this update is a cookie for Christmas sellings.
Probably the bugs and issues are already fixed on the 3.0 they are working on.
So we just need to wait for 3.0 that hopefully will come at next Namm.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
yeah indeed, this is clearly a cookie to let user quiet for another bit
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoul View Post
yeah indeed, this is clearly a cookie to let user quiet for another bit
But yeah, some people like it so that's ok.
A good cookie.
But I think 3.0 will be a massive change in Mpc.
I wonder about song mode, maybe an arranger, a different GUI.
Maybe they will also release a new hardware?
Let's see.
Old 28th November 2020
Lives for gear

Leak, or old news?

We know about the MPC Retro edition, but do we know about the Supreme edition yet? I found it on accident and have never heard of it, was wondering if this might be a collaboration with Supreme?

EDIT1: If you look closely, the product sku on the page is "MPCLIVE2SUPREMEXUS". So that sounds new!

EDIT2: This page also exists - FL Studio tie-in? Very confusing page! The video on the page seems totally unrelated, maybe a placeholder? https://buyflfire.com/supreme%20edit...ive2supremexus

https://www.akaipro.com/supreme%20ed...ive2supremexus (screenshot below)

This link also exists but not much more info: https://www.rane.com/supreme%20editi...ive2supremexus

MPC live-screen-shot-2020-11-27-3.17.09-pm.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
MPC live-screen-shot-2020-11-27-3.17.09-pm.jpg  
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
IMOO Akai is 100% focused in 3.0, no bug fixes because 2.x is dead and their efforts are all in 3.0.

Drumsynth was released because it was ready and Akai try to sell some units in Christmas. Even the interface looks better integrated with the interface of 3.0

Quote:
maybe some bugs like pad mute etc. are related with Drumsynth was originally designed for 3.0 and was quickly adapted to 2.9.
Pad mute works fine now - you press "mute", and everything is muted. It was just broke so long in pre-2.8 that everyone thought it was supposed to work that way.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Your point about audio interfaces has absolutely nothing to do with what my point was so I’m not sure what your rant is about.

This has nothing to do with whether I use a lynx an Apollo or a Focusrite. If I’m comparing the drum synth between an MPC and Maschine doing it on a laptop vs the devices themselves isn’t going to change anything. Both Maschine+ and MPC are running the exact same code from the software.

If you want to compare Maschine+ And the MPCs audio interfaces that’s a different conversation. However the comparison was between the drum synths themselves.

You can have all the opinions you want just don’t try to move the goalpost when someone has an opinion that counters yours.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post

Don't you think the knobs and mixer are quite similar to Forces UI?
Attached Thumbnails
MPC live-akai-force-playk-1024x638.jpg   MPC live-9xmgiwaq.jpg   MPC live-img_20201128_104931.jpg   MPC live-img_20201128_104943.jpg   MPC live-maxresdefault-2-.jpg  

Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Yeah I thought the same.
Clearly we are on the way to 3.0 and the GUI of drum synth says it all.
So 3.0 will have same arranger of Force, no?
Macros?
And what about sequences workflow?
I remember Dan saying they were working on a 1:1 sequence for 3.0.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Only similar in color palette. The layout and design aesthetics aren’t the same at all. Maybe in a vague sense anyway?

That said, I don’t doubt Akai have moved focus to 3.0 (for the MPC’s) at this point. Hopefully we’ll see it before the end of 2021. 😜🤣
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Only similar in color palette. The layout and design aesthetics aren’t the same at all. Maybe in a vague sense anyway?

That said, I don’t doubt Akai have moved focus to 3.0 (for the MPC’s) at this point. Hopefully we’ll see it before the end of 2021. 😜🤣
Unless you have some information that we don't have, I dont feel the same. Akai is consistently evolving MPCs and Force to a merge. If you have worked in software you will know is much more easy to maintain a single OS than two, and we have 2 or 3 updates per year, last ones all had some good stuff

And "using the same palette and styles" is what I understand as "being similar"
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Unless you have some information that we don't have, I dont feel the same. Akai is consistently evolving MPCs and Force to a merge. If you have worked in software you will know is much more easy to maintain a single OS than two, and we have 2 or 3 updates per year, last ones all had some good stuff

Dan said it a couple of years ago that Force and Mpc OS will merge.
And yes, the drum synth has definitely a 3.0 GUI.
So the conclusion is quite clear.
The only unknown thing is when.
Namm is end of January, isn't it?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I'm well aware that Akai allegedly intends to merge Force and MPC software/firmware; I'm just calling into question your feelings that Drum Synth resembles the current Force OS. Look at the very photos you posted - the color is literally (not figuratively) the only thing that seems to vaguely resemble them being similar.

I mean, I do totally agree with you that MPC 3.0 will likely be the focus now.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
There’s a new drum synth in my MPC. Awesome. I know I’m gonna dig it. Thanks, Akai!

You’ve got a great platform. Looking forward for my mk1 keeping up with it as long as feasible.
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
In a nutshell,
the best 'feature' of 2.9 is that it's the last update before 3.0 ;-)
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudest View Post
In a nutshell,
the best 'feature' of 2.9 is that it's the last update before 3.0 ;-)
And what if they come out with 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 etc?
I don't think so, it's just a joke
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 39941f3 View Post
And what if they come out with 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 etc?
oh come on man...not again!
A few pages ago on this very thread, a guy, I don't remember his nickname (I don't think it was you considering you're joking here ) absolutely wanted to prove to me that Akai could decide to go on a new numbering, at any time.

that being said,
the numbering on the Force is more appropriate imo...
Since the add of a plug (drum synth) is more like a minor update (3.0.6) than a 'major' one (2.9)
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudest View Post
oh come on man...not again!
A few pages ago on this very thread, a guy, I don't remember his nickname (I don't think it was you considering you're joking here ) absolutely wanted to prove to me that Akai could decide to go on a new numbering, at any time.

that being said,
the numbering on the Force is more appropriate imo...
Since the add of a plug (drum synth) is more like a minor update (3.0.6) than a 'major' one (2.9)
Yeah it was a joke.
I believe we'll see Mpc with 3.0 at next Namm.
I wonder if we will have the Force arranger and qlinks macros also, that are on Force with 3.0.6.
That would be a massive update.
📝 Reply