The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC live
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy View Post
The firmware 2.9 is out and it contains only the drum synth plugin, no bug fixed, no improvement.
Really?
Are you sure?
That wouldn't be so nice
dsy
Gear Head

The release note 2.9 in the PDF manual contains only the new plugin.

Maybe Akai will add a full release note on the website because the MPC Software welcome screen says some bugs fixed and improvements added.
dsy
Gear Head

Another review:

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkozyra View Post
It's interesting to hear this, i never look at this as a daw replacement except in a live setup.

At home it's an ideas machine that keeps me from being tethered to a computer and i like that but I don't expect it to do everything or replace logic. If i can noodle on it and not bring a laptop to a bar/club it's served its purpose. And i think it does that.
This is me. I'd love for the MPC to become a DAW in a box. Until then, it's a great idea box. I do sketches on it all the time, and they serve as skeletons for what I do in my DAW.
Gear Nut

A very nice addition and complement to an already great drum-machine.

Nice Job Akai!

Lives for gear

You can get some nice results by modulating the velocity to parameter with the step sequencer so that each step the velocity is modulating a different parameter
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
do we have a releae note page/pdf?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy View Post
The release note 2.9 in the PDF manual contains only the new plugin.

Maybe Akai will add a full release note on the website because the MPC Software welcome screen says some bugs fixed and improvements added.
Indeed! Very curious to see if they fixed some of the reported (demonstrated) timing bugs (reported with v2.7, not addressed in v2.8).
Gear Maniac

The page for it includes the language "featuring DrumSynth plugin and more"

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-live
Here for the gear

In addition to the DrumSynth....Akai should come out with a Short SamplerSynth. Same structure as the DrumSynth, Except you'd be able to replace the Stock Sounds, BUT have access to all of the Parameters.
VST
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
The updater does mention 'bug fixes' and 'performance improvments' but don't list any.

I do know that they haven't fixed the program edit LFO from always retriggering(making it essentially useless) or allowing to rearrange the effect slots or adding a select all to the grid edit. They are so close to completing these nearly perfect units.
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear

Looks like to be much more complex than I thought, a lot of parameters to tweak... Tempted to install it right now
Gear Maniac

I'm impressed with it. I know people were hoping for a lot of other things but this wraps up the MPC for my use cases.

It's certainly deeper than the other crappy plugins (actually the electric piano one is serviceable but the other two are ... not good)
Old 24th November 2020
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Next a grain synth where you can load your own samples?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
I thought you were done with this thread. Seems like you have no follow through.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkozyra View Post
I'm impressed with it. I know people were hoping for a lot of other things but this wraps up the MPC for my use cases.

It's certainly deeper than the other crappy plugins (actually the electric piano one is serviceable but the other two are ... not good)
Indeed, the depth is leagues ahead of the other 3 plugins. Really nice to finally have access to an FM Synth module on the MPC’s, as well. It’s limited, but damn it’s fun as hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeRivera View Post
Looks like to be much more complex than I thought, a lot of parameters to tweak... Tempted to install it right now
Go for it! This thing is a blast!
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I updated to 2.9 without any problems. I see the new drum synth plugins but I haven't had time to play with them yet.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
bug fix in 2.9
it is now possible to play midi (incl. Pad Perform) to DAW in controler mode
big up!
Unfortunately there is no Ableton control in controler mode
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Indeed, the depth is leagues ahead of the other 3 plugins. Really nice to finally have access to an FM Synth module on the MPC’s, as well. It’s limited, but damn it’s fun as hell!

Go for it! This thing is a blast!
Got it... Just 15 minutes jamming and OH MAN!, its far much better than my better dreams. Not as other people I found other synths useful, but drumsynth could be perfectly a very good standalone drumachine by itself.

I'm quite impressed, I own a TR8S and love it, specially for all this hardware knobs and perfect sounding, but drumsynth gives much more experimental possibilities, I'll map the TR8S to control some parameters, hopefully MIDI learn let us do the job

Bravo Akai, bravo Dan
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear

Upgraded mine on my lunch break but got my work setup in front of it so cant play with it yet. Yeah all I saw was the Drum Synth, nothing else new. Apparently the 'Slice to Pad' bug has been fixed according to the MPC Forums if anyone used that function at all.
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
They look OK. Nothing I'm going to use, I don't think, but I'm sure some will like them.

I'm really surprised they're releasing this now with almost nothing else. I doubt they would if 3.0 was close to ready, I'm guessing this means it's at least three months out. Or maybe they just wanted to add something before Christmas shopping season...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasni1 View Post
Or maybe they just wanted to add something before Christmas shopping season...
^^ This is the most likely reason, IMHO.

I seriously don't expect to see 3.0 for another 6 months at least, possibly longer (2.8 came out over 6 months ago). Hope I'm wrong, though. I 'aint getting any younger! LOL
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Eh, not my thing but I could see me finding a few presets.

But anyone know if the midi note assignments can be customized within the plugin? This would be useless to me without that.

Last edited by BezowinZ; 25th November 2020 at 01:17 AM..
Old 25th November 2020
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Just updated and tried the drum synth.
Nothing special honestly.
The 8 tracks are fixed so you cannot choose to have more hats and no claps for example. Choice is limited (just 4 snares) but you can change tone and attacks.
It sounds good but really doesn't change anything, drum tracks are much more capable.
Besides drum synth, I don't see anything new.
Instant track mute is still buggy.
Ok.
Let's wait for 3.0.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
any bug fixes??

Thanks
Chris
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

New features for free! I love it when that happens.
Deleted 39941f3 🎙️
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeif View Post
any bug fixes??

Thanks
Chris
Slice to pad is fixed.
Instant track mute not fixed.
I didn't find anything else.
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

downloaded and updated.. had a play.. i really like em!
Thank you Akai.
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This is a great addition. This current line of MPCs really offer so much more than any other currently available product.

But also, that’s kind of my problem with it. I’ve been an MPC Live/X defender (or perhaps apologist) from day one, but I gotta say, in the years I’ve owned it I’ve rarely had fun with it in the way I did with MPC1000. Obviously, lots of people do, which is rad, and I admit that much of my disconnect has to do with my changing needs as a composer. For drums, I will probably end up using the drum synth more than samples.

BUT...there is just too much (for me) inside this box, organized in a convoluted (to me) fashion. I would honestly pay MPC prices if it ONLY had a decent sampler and a more composer-focused sequencer. I don’t know why no one else has made a linear sequencer with easily accessible time and tempo changes with a nice big screen that can show piano roll, event list AND notation (even if it’s tiny). (Okay, I admit traditional notation is a stretch.) Every time I turn on the Live it’s with an attitude of “ok I guess I’ll use this thing now” and never with the attitude of “I have an idea, I can’t wait to get it down!” But I don’t want to give it up because it’s like the ONLY linear sequencer with (almost) unlimited bars and tons of MIDI connectivity.

Rant over. Drum synth seems cool.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearanewworld View Post
This is a great addition. This current line of MPCs really offer so much more than any other currently available product.

But also, that’s kind of my problem with it. I’ve been an MPC Live/X defender (or perhaps apologist) from day one, but I gotta say, in the years I’ve owned it I’ve rarely had fun with it in the way I did with MPC1000. Obviously, lots of people do, which is rad, and I admit that much of my disconnect has to do with my changing needs as a composer. For drums, I will probably end up using the drum synth more than samples.

BUT...there is just too much (for me) inside this box, organized in a convoluted (to me) fashion. I would honestly pay MPC prices if it ONLY had a decent sampler and a more composer-focused sequencer. I don’t know why no one else has made a linear sequencer with easily accessible time and tempo changes with a nice big screen that can show piano roll, event list AND notation (even if it’s tiny). (Okay, I admit traditional notation is a stretch.) Every time I turn on the Live it’s with an attitude of “ok I guess I’ll use this thing now” and never with the attitude of “I have an idea, I can’t wait to get it down!” But I don’t want to give it up because it’s like the ONLY linear sequencer with (almost) unlimited bars and tons of MIDI connectivity.

Rant over. Drum synth seems cool.
I agree to some degree. Its definitely not as easy to right music as ableton not being able to see a proper timeline. I wish we had a ton of features others daws have. Hopefully they get it soon, cause eventually ill move on back to a laptop and ableton. for now... ill stick with what i got and use the laptop for djing.
📝 Reply