The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC live
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Yeah its a good raw selection,i just started a rhythm in the software only using some kicks out the bass drum folder.....Sounds well solid.
Hats and percussions are also excellent.
Actually.all folders are top quality
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Its pretty funny that the sample content from the older MPCs sounds that much better than the current factory content
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
I think I have somewhere an old 128meg cf card provided with the mpc1000, I need to check if there's anything interesting on it
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
Its pretty funny that the sample content from the older MPCs sounds that much better than the current factory content
The factory content can be good for someone, it's not that bad.
But the great thing of a sampler is that you can use any sample you want, isn't it?
I like Mpc for that, I can fill it with all samples I collected in the past.
It gives you endless possibilities.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

My 2500 came with a 32mb cf card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
I think I have somewhere an old 128meg cf card provided with the mpc1000, I need to check if there's anything interesting on it
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Google "akai mpc 5000 harddisk backup loopmasters".
Really worth it.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
please let us know how that turns out
Didn't help. I disconnected the hard drive and the scandisk. I have sent email replies to Sam at Akai Support and hopefully this won't cost too much to repair. It only happened after I installed 2.8, but maybe it was going to happen anyway, who knows.

On the brighter side, I'm enjoying Ableton again.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpcMc View Post
Really worth it.
Thank you sir !
Much appreciated
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I honestly don't know who was in charge of curating the factory content, but clearly the aim was quantity over quality. The sheer amount of over-compressed EDM/dupstep-y samples is staggering (although expected given the Live's launch year). Finding some clean, tight drum samples was annoying enough to lean entirely on my own sample library very early on.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I have never even looked at the factory content!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Really worth it.
Thanks for the tip. These '50s' files need to be opened in the software and then exported to the Live I guess, is that right?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Can anyone help me with a Live/Ableton question? I'm a bit confused by the Ableton Link option, despite a lot written about it on the web and several youtube videos, I haven't seen a clear statement that Link does or doesn't 'feed' any sync INTO Ableton. Am I right in thinking it's only from Ableton to the other gear?

I am trying to get a setup where I can sequence on the MPC Live and when I want to record some audio down into Ableton I can have it run alongside the MPC. I set up the Akai Network midi driver, assuming it would allow me to do this, but it seems I have to use traditional Midi Clock for sync (MTC is hopeless). I had thought when I read of 'Ableton Link' support in the MPCs that I would be able to hit play on the MPC and have Ableton slave to it, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Also, the Ableton Live control mode on the standalone MPC is no use to me, because it's purely a controller for Live, and does not continue to play the actual sequence you have active in the MPC, so you can stop and start Ableton but your MPC project isn't actually playing anything, and can't record it.

If anyone has a suggestion around this I would appreciate it.

The ethernet midi driver seems to work ok by the way
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Any other people having trouble installing drivers (Win10)?

I've had them installed on my laptop for ages, but have tried a few times to do so on my (much newer) desktop - so that I can hook up the software to create/manipulate expansions mainly. It keeps hanging up, and/or exits with an error message (non-specific - 'can't be completed' or similar).

This is with the main driver for Live, but I also just tried installing the Network MIDI driver and hit the same problems with that as well.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

I still think that XY fx is very bad implemented.
If I could just save a setting and recall it just pushing XY from main page, that could be a nice tool to play live.
But settings are not recorded per project and all the time I should have to set it on the fly which makes me just avoid it.
So a good idea but bad implemented and useless as a live tool.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I still think that XY fx is very bad implemented.
If I could just save a setting and recall it just pushing XY from main page, that could be a nice tool to play live.
But settings are not recorded per project and all the time I should have to set it on the fly which makes me just avoid it.
So a good idea but bad implemented and useless as a live tool.
Apparently they're acting on customer feedback now, so please send it in!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping View Post
Apparently they're acting on customer feedback now, so please send it in!
I already sent feedback modules but it looks that Akai is dead silent this period.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I already sent feedback modules but it looks that Akai is dead silent this period.
Silence does not equal inaction.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping View Post
Silence does not equal inaction.
Yeah let's keep on sending the feedback modules.
Something will happen.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Counterpoint: the older MPC’s content sounds ridiculously dated and boring. The new factory content offers some long needed freshness.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
And their entire library is on sale again right now for $70 heh.
i got their entire library a few years back on a BF deal, think it was something ridiculous like a fiver, i don't buy samples but at a 5er it was stupid not to - there are more drum hits than a user could ever need ever again from all sorts of machines and ran through some nice outboard

i would recommend even at 70
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Counterpoint: the older MPC’s content sounds ridiculously dated and boring. The new factory content offers some long needed freshness.
this, i was afraid

maybe one need to work harder to make them work?

i guess they said the same thing bout the (5000) content at the time
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
The mpc5000 drum samples are still great, man.
Much better then new mpc drum factory content.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
i got their entire library a few years back on a BF deal, think it was something ridiculous like a fiver, i don't buy samples but at a 5er it was stupid not to - there are more drum hits than a user could ever need ever again from all sorts of machines and ran through some nice outboard

i would recommend even at 70
Pretty sure that's around the time I got mine last year. I bought it for something ridiculous like $20 I think, and then decided to check my messages on here and @ kcearl had sent me some coupon to get it practically free right after I bought it haha. I still haven't used anything from it, but my god there was so much stuff there I had to get it. Its a killer all around synth pack of everything you need for your library.
Old 1 day ago
I was using the modded SfM 606 samples last night with a td3 and hydra on pads...reliving my youth which wasnt really my youth lol

SfM kits are excellent...plus if youre using Ableton it comes with identical kits for some of them, which is great if your starting projects in the Live/Force then finish them in Ableton
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
Thank you sir !
Much appreciated
Where did you get the content from? Help me out?
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post
Where did you get the content from? Help me out?
I have PMed you
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear