The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC live
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
optimal standalone autosampling parameters???
it depends on what you are sampling. all the parameters are self explanatory. if not, they are all in the user manual
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpcMc View Post
So the manual and Mpc bible are clear.
With Instant track mute enabled, the samples should play silenced on background and start playing as you unmute the track, any position of the playhead on the sequence.
It was working like that until 2.6.
With 2.8 is not working like that anymore.
Let's talk about a sample that gets triggered with a note at the beginning of the sequence and plays for all sequence since it has the same length of the sequence.
On 2.8 When you unmute the track, if you are in the middle of the sequence, the samples start playing only at the beginning of the next cycle.
Until 2.6, the sample was working as it should, starting at the middle of the sequence, any time the track is unmuted.
So for me it's definitely a bug and for me is very uncomfortable that I don't have the chance to unmute my samples wherever I want.
I was playing around with it earlier and couldn't get it to be consistent. I had a bass track that had one 16 bar midi note playing a loop that was working perfectly muting in and out, but then a drum track that was a one bar loop would only unmute when it felt like it. It worked for for the most part but Id say about 1/3 of the time, it would wait until the next note triggered before it started playing again. The bass track though worked perfect every time. Its not totally broken, but it sure as hell isn't reliable!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I'd take completely broken over unreliable. At least you can plan around completely broken.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
So apparently, 8.3 will be the update where everything is perfect, all bugs are removed, and we ascend blisssfuly into nirvana.

Can’t wait.

(Including being able to set a different start time offset for each track ... gotta have it.)
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato View Post
When I started mine up the very first time I touched the volume knob it did do this but it seems to be only the first time I touch the knob after power cycling.
OK, thanks for chiming in! Thinking this might be something indicative to all Live 2's then. Hopefully a software fix can address it, but it's not a showstopper or anything IMHO.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussion boy View Post
So apparently, 8.3 will be the update where everything is perfect, all bugs are removed, and we ascend blisssfuly into nirvana.

Can’t wait.

(Including being able to set a different start time offset for each track ... gotta have it.)
Uhhhh... 8.3? Do you mean 2.8.3?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Uhhhh... 8.3? Do you mean 2.8.3?

You are confused because I either can’t read or can’t count—possibly both.

Anyway—the NEXT update. Gotta have somewhere to fasten our hopes...

—————
edit: Gotta, say, I’ve been in shelter-in-place so long in SF that I don’t know who I am half the time. Already managed to post today confusing Tomita and Sakamoto. It’s like being 80 years old...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
I was playing around with it earlier and couldn't get it to be consistent. I had a bass track that had one 16 bar midi note playing a loop that was working perfectly muting in and out, but then a drum track that was a one bar loop would only unmute when it felt like it. It worked for for the most part but Id say about 1/3 of the time, it would wait until the next note triggered before it started playing again. The bass track though worked perfect every time. Its not totally broken, but it sure as hell isn't reliable!
Well for me the problem is always present.
On drum tracks, with samples triggered at the beginning of the sequence.
Before 2.8, i could unmute the track an let the sample play anywhere I was in the sequence.
With 2.8 the sample plays only at the beginning of the sequence so no way to unmute the track and let the sample play in the middle.
That means instant track mute is messed up.
It should trigger the sample anyway and let it silenced if muted, and so the sample should play wherever you unmute the track.
So instant track mute is broken.
Also if you change sequence and that track is muted in new sequence, the sample keeps playing and there is no way to turn it off.
I repeat, it only happens to sequence long samples, one shot on drum track, triggered with a note at the beginning of sequence
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Well for me the problem is always present.
On drum tracks, with samples triggered at the beginning of the sequence.
Before 2.8, i could unmute the track an let the sample play anywhere I was in the sequence.
With 2.8 the sample plays only at the beginning of the sequence so no way to unmute the track and let the sample play in the middle.
That means instant track mute is messed up.
It should trigger the sample anyway and let it silenced if muted, and so the sample should play wherever you unmute the track.
So instant track mute is broken.
Also if you change sequence and that track is muted in new sequence, the sample keeps playing and there is no way to turn it off.
I repeat, it only happens to sequence long samples, one shot on drum track, triggered with a note at the beginning of sequence
i tested too, always present on my X.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmusic35 View Post
i tested too, always present on my X.
Great, thanks.
So we can confirm is a 2.8 bug?
I just sent the bug module to Akai, hoping they read it.
Getsatisfaction is dead, nobody replies anymore.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Great, thanks.
So we can confirm is a 2.8 bug?
I just sent the bug module to Akai, hoping they read it.
Getsatisfaction is dead, nobody replies anymore.
yeah, if it's happening always or sometimes, it's still a bug for me, even if not exactly the same redundancy /people.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
yeah, if it's happening always or sometimes, it's still a bug for me, even if not exactly the same redundancy /people.
Yeah exactly.
Could you also check if after using qlink overlay on track mute or main page (standalone), your data dial sometimes stops working?
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Yeah exactly.
Could you also check if after using qlink overlay on track mute or main page (standalone), your data dial sometimes stops working?
I'm on mpc-X, so no overlay for me
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I'm on mpc-X, so no overlay for me
Ah sure of course, I didn't think about it.
So Your data dial is working fluently?
It doesn't get stuck sometimes on main or track mute?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut
Latch on Latch off - TOGGLE OPTION REQUEST

Some musicians need a latch on latch off option in the drum or key group program. This potential option would allow the sample to loop without having to hold the note down, draw long note-on data in the sequencer, or use the clip program. Attached is an edited photo of the Drum Program LFO Modulation page with the latch on / latch off option - if implemented, Akai would likely call it PAD PLAY Toggle.

Wouldn't this simple idea make the clip program obsolete and at the same time, allow the user to play endless loops and one shot samples with velocity controls simultaneously?

What are your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
MPC live-lfo-modulation-add-pad-play-toggle.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Ah sure of course, I didn't think about it.
So Your data dial is working fluently?
It doesn't get stuck sometimes on main or track mute?
It does not stuck.

When controlling the bar/beat/tick elements with it it's doing the job but it's not very smooth and going backward is really slow compared to going forward. I honestly don't remember how it was with 2.7
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmacPlayDrums View Post
Some musicians need a latch on latch off option in the drum or key group program. This potential option would allow the sample to loop without having to hold the note down, draw long note-on data in the sequencer, or use the clip program. Attached is an edited photo of the Drum Program LFO Modulation page with the latch on / latch off option - if implemented, Akai would likely call it PAD PLAY Toggle.

Wouldn't this simple idea make the clip program obsolete and at the same time, allow the user to play endless loops and one shot samples with velocity controls simultaneously?

What are your thoughts?
If force MIDI clips comes to the MPCs i see this method a bit "old school", but of course it can have a lot of good uses. Actual clips are... meh
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
It does not stuck.

When controlling the bar/beat/tick elements with it it's doing the job but it's not very smooth and going backward is really slow compared to going forward. I honestly don't remember how it was with 2.7
It stops working sometimes on my Mpc Live after I use qlink overlay but I really don't understand exactly why, sometimes it works as always, sometimes it gets stucked.
Thanks for reply.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsaipanda View Post
Tube Digga on Youtube. Got me going really fast, brilliant resource for MPC learning.
I gave him some money - his videos are amazing and like $10 bucks from people would really help -- I don't know him, but it just seems like a good thing to do for the quality he puts out
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
It stops working sometimes on my Mpc Live after I use qlink overlay but I really don't understand exactly why, sometimes it works as always, sometimes it gets stucked.
Thanks for reply.
Can't reproduce. Is there a specific value you change with the q-links which could be related? Are the plus and minus buttons still working? When you press the data dial, do you still get the sequence select menu?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerteijn View Post
Can't reproduce. Is there a specific value you change with the q-links which could be related? Are the plus and minus buttons still working? When you press the data dial, do you still get the sequence select menu?
No specific value.
Qlinks are in project mode.
After using qlink overlay on track mute, sometimes after that I cannot change the sequence from the top bar on track mute with data dial.
The data dial just doesn't do anything anymore and I have to double tap the top bar and change it from the list.
It doesn't happen all the time.
Let's say 1 time on 4 more or less.
And it also happens on main page after using qlink overlay, but this I use it rarely.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
No specific value.
Qlinks are in project mode.
Does this happen with one specific project or with multiple? Can you give examples which parameters are assigned to the q-links?

Quote:
The data dial just doesn't do anything anymore and I have to double tap the top bar and change it from the list.
It doesn't happen all the time.
Let's say 1 time on 4 more or less.
And it also happens on main page after using qlink overlay, but this I use it rarely.
Yes, that is clear now. Could you answer the other questions I asked you:
  • Are the plus and minus buttons still working for selecting another sequence?
  • When you press the data dial, do you still get the sequence select menu?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerteijn View Post
Does this happen with one specific project or with multiple? Can you give examples which parameters are assigned to the q-links?

Yes, that is clear now. Could you answer the other questions I asked you:
  • Are the plus and minus buttons still working for selecting another sequence?
  • When you press the data dial, do you still get the sequence select menu?
It's not related to any specific project.
I have to try what you ask me, I didn't check it.
Actually I never thought I could change sequence with plus minus buttons or pushing the dial.
Nice to know.
Tonight as I go back home I check and let you know.
Old 3 days ago
MpcMc - werent you previously having issues with the Qlinks freezing or causing lag before?? You ruled that out with your hard drive right?

I wonder if you really do have a bad piece of hardware there. The Qlinks and Data dial are a separate board inside the unit, its very possible you have a bad PCB, or maybe the ribbon connector needs to be reseated on it? Kind of odd that you've had two different problems with the knobs now between two different OS's.. Might be worth opening it up and taking a look at the connections inside.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
MpcMc - werent you previously having issues with the Qlinks freezing or causing lag before?? You ruled that out with your hard drive right?

I wonder if you really do have a bad piece of hardware there. The Qlinks and Data dial are a separate board inside the unit, its very possible you have a bad PCB, or maybe the ribbon connector needs to be reseated on it? Kind of odd that you've had two different problems with the knobs now between two different OS's.. Might be worth opening it up and taking a look at the connections inside.
I didn't have issues with qlink, just the unresponsiveness and latency everyone was experiencing.
And the problem with data dial is not related to qlinks but to qlink overlay, which I think has some conflict with data dial.
First of all, data dial and qlink overlay cannot work together, you can notice that when qlink overlay is on, your data dial doesn't work.
But that's not my main problem.
I can live with that.
My problem is that sometimes the data dial gets literary stuck after I use qlink overlay, even when qlink overlay screen is off.
I don't really think it's a hardware problem.
My hardware actually is working better then ever, optimization with 2.8 makes it faster and qlinks are responsive as it never was before.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

2.8 here too
the problem I,m having is in controller mode with the VST in CUBASE
the record and Punch in buttons have stopped working on the hardware
I can activate them in the software fine

All the other buttons on the hardware work fine

Anyone else experiencing this?
damn frustrating
Old 3 days ago
PHG
Lives for gear

I'm really happy that the Korg Triton VST is working correctly for the first time after the MPC Software v2.8 update.

I think the Psychic Modulation Phonec VST was working up until I updated the MPC Software to v2.8. Now it fails to load when I scan for plugins. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm running the software on Windows 10.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Maann I cant wait till my MPC One comes in so I can trade it for a Live.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut
Could anyone with an MPC X here try the following on 2.8:
  • Select a plugin, keygroup or midi track, any will do
  • Try to select bank E, F, G or H with the hardware buttons (using shift or double tap)

It won't, at least my MPC X is not doing it. Very annoying as it's used to transpose the pads. In 2.7.2 no problem.</span>

Update: When pad perform is enabled on the specific program (it is by default), the ranges are now different for the pad banks. You need to set it to "off", "chromatic" or "progressions", then they work as before.

So much update, so less time to get used to
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA__15 View Post
Maann I cant wait till my MPC One comes in so I can trade it for a Live.
Live 2? Or are you going to find an old Live second hand?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search