The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC live
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
Question for Firmware 2.8

Hi guys
Owning a Force really looking forward for MIDI Multi coming to Force in the future. I have one question for MIDI Multi. Is it possible to set MIDI offsets for different devices?
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_looney View Post
Hi guys
Owning a Force really looking forward for MIDI Multi coming to Force in the future. I have one question for MIDI Multi. Is it possible to set MIDI offsets for different devices?
nope. It's general.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmusic35 View Post
nope. It's general.
So one offset for all or no offset in general.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
So one offset for all or no offset in general.
One offset for all. Start Time in the manual i believe. There is no offset at a track level. You could adjust the midi events on the grid using DON'T SNAP and NUDGE but i don't think this is precise enough for tiny offset, you would need to test that.
Attached Thumbnails
MPC live-capture-d-ecran-2020-05-23-14.28.34.png  
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psoul View Post
is it me or the qlinks are (again) a bit unresponsive?
Might be something simple and mechanical, like excess grease left on one of the pots. Try cleaning them up, if that helps.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
i Do mind. I would like to get the previous behavior back: when a track is mute, it does not play but you still can play with the pads or a midi keyboard. Hope it's a bug and not a so called feature.

Because there is something great with the previous behavior, you can record something, mute it, and instead play it live. Then if you want to play another part, you can unmute the part your were playing before. Or you feel you will not play that so well, you have a backing track when unmute!

bring it back Mr akai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 View Post
agreed, this is very important performance feature, definitely put this back the way it was ASAP!!

The workaround is quite simple but if your are working on a lot of projects with a certain amount of midi tracks, it's gonna be long!! I hope they will come back the previous behavior (sorry for repeating). I partly thought of it but a guy on another forum confirm this. I tested it's working great.

workaround: You just have to create another midi track (you may use midi track at the top of list (above 100??) to avoid to see them). Use the exact same midi program, midi port, midi channel, program change etc etc. Of course you don't need to copy the midi notes. Now link the original track to the new one with the new SEND TO function in the track inspector. You can mute the original track and still play the other one you just setup since they are linked. Could make it as a temporary solution. You will need 2 tracks per midi programs....
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
One offset for all. Start Time in the manual i believe. There is no offset at a track level. You could adjust the midi events on the grid using DON'T SNAP and NUDGE but i don't think this is precise enough for tiny offset, you would need to test that.
Thanks. I have one external synth with build in arp and the arp is always a little off when synced from my force. I thought with the new midi multi I could change the offset.
Old 1 day ago
MPC Tutor managed to find a bug with converting slices to programs over at the MPC Forums..

Sample Edit->Chop to regions, then Convert and "Assign Slice to Pad" with Pad Parameters.. When you go into the drum program afterwards, all your slices are set to the last slice that was added to the program. You have to go in and manually set each slice to its slice #. And you can't set it to 'Pad' like it does when you create one using 'New Drum Program Using Slices' method.

'New Drum Program Using Slices' works perfectly still, so you just can't make a custom setup without an extra step now.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Thanks. I have one external synth with build in arp and the arp is always a little off when synced from my force. I thought with the new midi multi I could change the offset.
ok, so this will not fix it.

You can not replicate your synth arp style with the mpc one? if you use the mpc arp you should be ok concerning sync.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
MPC Tutor managed to find a bug with converting slices to programs over at the MPC Forums..

Sample Edit->Chop to regions, then Convert and "Assign Slice to Pad" with Pad Parameters.. When you go into the drum program afterwards, all your slices are set to the last slice that was added to the program. You have to go in and manually set each slice to its slice #. And you can't set it to 'Pad' like it does when you create one using 'New Drum Program Using Slices' method.

'New Drum Program Using Slices' works perfectly still, so you just can't make a custom setup without an extra step now.
Yep, looks like 2.8 is riddled with bugs. Something that could probably have been avoided had Akai actually used their public beta testing forum like a sane company would have.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Yep, looks like 2.8 is riddled with bugs. Something that could probably have been avoided had Akai actually used their public beta testing forum like a sane company would have.
This ones weird.. If you go back in and start messing with the slices on the 'problem' sample, it starts really messing with them. Something I just did scrolling through the slices moved all 8 slices to the end. All of them were crammed in the area that the last slice originally took. Going back and forth just made things worse, now the first 7 slices are all set to nothing, only the last slice works, etc..
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Quote:
If you read getsatisfaction, well, it's embarrassing.
So many.
Slicing is ****ed up.
Someone also stating copy button is ****ed up.
I think instant track mute is also ****ed up if someone can confirm, at least mine is not working properly.
Someone has problem with controller mode not working.
I had two crashes today.
Other people say their effects settings have been reverted to default.
God. It"s buggy as hell.
I really think beta testers didn't have time to check, that's really too much.
Old 1 day ago
Akai better get their finger out, theyve got a Force update due soon too
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
I got my MPC Live II today. It’s a bit larger than I had expected but that really is not a problem. The speakers sound pretty good actually and I like the prospect of being able to sit down basically anywhere and work with just the MPC on my lap.

This is my first MPC and I’ve only figured out the bear minimum of functions so far like assigning drum samples to pads, loading preset keyboard instruments, and making short loops with the pads or piano roll sequencer. Everything seems to be rather intuitive.

Does anyone have any tutorials to recommend to a noob or can point me to a complete manual that I can read?
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
ok, so this will not fix it.

You can not replicate your synth arp style with the mpc one? if you use the mpc arp you should be ok concerning sync.
I could do it with the arp in the force but the arp on my asm hydrasynth got ratchet and thats really cool. I checked the midi clock start settings but you could only offset it in one direction and i need it with negative direction. I dont understand to introduce an update with „MIDI Multi“ with no offset setting for each device.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato View Post
Does anyone have any tutorials to recommend to a noob or can point me to a complete manual that I can read?

Tube Digga on Youtube. Got me going really fast, brilliant resource for MPC learning.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
The MPC Bible, worth each penny.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

I've used the mpc as a drum machine very much and not dived that deeply into it but im starting to use more of its abilities.

Maybe someone can help me with this
I've made a drum-beat that uses one same larger sample from a record, turned it into in a program triggering different drum hits from that same sample. that same drum-program is now on several channels, snare, kick, trumpet hit etc.

I would now like to handle those samples separately. can you convert those segments/slices into independent samples and keep them working like they are with their now belonging channel, without starting allover again, is it doable? thanks for any input
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
I've used the mpc as a drum machine very much and not dived that deeply into it but im starting to use more of its abilities.

I've made a drum-beat that uses one same larger sample from a record, turned it into in a program triggering different drum hits from that same sample. that same drum-program is now on several channels, snare, kick, trumpet hit etc.

I would now like to handle those samples separately. can you convert those segments/slices into independent samples and keep them working like they are with their now belonging channel, without starting allover again, is it doable? thanks for any input
Not only doable but very easy . Look up “flatten pad.” There are other ways to do it besides that too.
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post

Actually, scratch my last answer, I misread.

I think you can do what you want to do but I don’t want to advise until I am sitting in front of it.
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I got my MPC Live II today. It’s a bit larger than I had expected but that really is not a problem. The speakers sound pretty good actually and I like the prospect of being able to sit down basically anywhere and work with just the MPC on my lap.

This is my first MPC and I’ve only figured out the bear minimum of functions so far like assigning drum samples to pads, loading preset keyboard instruments, and making short loops with the pads or piano roll sequencer. Everything seems to be rather intuitive.

Besides those already mentioned, I'd like to call out some other YouTube channels:
  • Poli Popo
  • Matthew Stratton
  • Da Drank Kang
Old 22 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by maerteijn View Post
The MPC Bible, worth each penny.
Ditto on that. Don't discount the Akai manual, its good, but the Bible will make it actually useful. Best accessory you can buy for it next to an SSD.
Old 22 hours ago
how bout get on the mpclive and go...nothing you push will blow up the world
...i dont think lmao
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

i can't wait to have the new Live, in hand.

Haven't been this gear excited in a while.
Old 19 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I got my MPC Live II today.
Can you do me a favor?

Something I noticed is that when I'm using the built-in speaker, while playing anything audio - when I first touch the volume knob on the upper left to adjust the volume, it momentarily fades out real quick before popping back in. This seems to be random, though I've recreated the phenomena both in standalone mode as well as using it as an audio interface.

Can you recreate this on yours?
Old 16 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Can you do me a favor?

Something I noticed is that when I'm using the built-in speaker, while playing anything audio - when I first touch the volume knob on the upper left to adjust the volume, it momentarily fades out real quick before popping back in. This seems to be random, though I've recreated the phenomena both in standalone mode as well as using it as an audio interface.

I can not recreate this.
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear

optimal standalone autosampling parameters???
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Can you do me a favor?

When I started mine up the very first time I touched the volume knob it did do this but it seems to be only the first time I touch the knob after power cycling.
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Head

So the manual and Mpc bible are clear.
With Instant track mute enabled, the samples should play silenced on background and start playing as you unmute the track, any position of the playhead on the sequence.
It was working like that until 2.6.
With 2.8 is not working like that anymore.
Let's talk about a sample that gets triggered with a note at the beginning of the sequence and plays for all sequence since it has the same length of the sequence.
On 2.8 When you unmute the track, if you are in the middle of the sequence, the samples start playing only at the beginning of the next cycle.
Until 2.6, the sample was working as it should, starting at the middle of the sequence, any time the track is unmuted.
So for me it's definitely a bug and for me is very uncomfortable that I don't have the chance to unmute my samples wherever I want.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search