The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
MPC live
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

whats up?

we were able to get a lot of development info and hints on upcoming features here, it was great. but suddenly its just silence.
was there a problem to continue posting development info here?

i think i saw some comment a while ago but never really got what it was all about, anyone knows?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
whats up?

we were able to get a lot of development info and hints on upcoming features here, it was great. but suddenly its just silence.

i think i saw some comment a while ago but never really got what it was all about, anyone knows?
That was Dan going out of his way during his own free time to post information for us.

Some people do actually have a life and Im sure after working 8+ hours a day on the MPC you don't want to come home and talk about it on GS all night. On top of that, theyre busy beta testing the Force's new features. Theyre not going to talk about it now until it's done, we got all the teasers we were going to get until it was 'go time'.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
That was Dan going out of his way during his own free time to post information for us.

Some people do actually have a life and Im sure after working 8+ hours a day on the MPC you don't want to come home and talk about it on GS all night. On top of that, theyre busy beta testing the Force's new features. Theyre not going to talk about it now until it's done, we got all the teasers we were going to get until it was 'go time'.
its the sudden break that made me wonder. I thought there could be a problem with continuing sharing the info here specifically.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
its the sudden break that made me wonder, if its just that then its fine, I thought there was a problem with continuing sharing the info here specifically.
Im pretty sure its the big beta test.. If you go back Dan was last here around the time that all started, and that's about when he went AWOL. Theyre more than likely need deep in code right now, Id wanna stay far away from it once I was off work and let my brain breathe a bit haha.

He'll be back, don't worry.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
whats up?

Usually when forums are silent, it means all is working fine and manufacturers are baking something...
Old 1 week ago
Yeah this thread in general has started to die off lately, its not the devs. I assumed it was because we were all getting stuff done after 2.6 dropped heh. I know Ive been using it nonstop.
Old 1 week ago
I`v got 13 hardware synths and 2 drum machines hooked up to mine via midi, all mapped in and saved as a template. I can play all instruments simultaniously and in perfect time, I`m no longer stuck with just 8 bar loops, I can go 999 now, and do that 128 times! LOL
It`s everything I hoped it would be and more, Plus I have a sampler in there if ever I wanted one for something, how cool is that!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_Alicia View Post
I`v got 13 hardware synths and 2 drum machines hooked up to mine via midi, all mapped in and saved as a template. I can play all instruments simultaniously and in perfect time, I`m no longer stuck with just 8 bar loops, I can go 999 now, and do that 128 times! LOL
It`s everything I hoped it would be and more, Plus I have a sampler in there if ever I wanted one for something, how cool is that!
did you map tracks to MIDI outs to MIDI channels (as a starting sequence) ?
or did you map (X/Live) controllers Q-links to synths CC/parameters ? (as a ... map template)
more things in your template?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger001 View Post
did you map tracks to MIDI outs to MIDI channels (as a starting sequence) ?
or did you map (X/Live) controllers Q-links to synths CC/parameters ? (as a ... map template)
more things in your template?
the first one, each track in sequence one when I load up, is a particular synth on it`s own midi chan, and labled as such so i don`t have to look up what synth is what chan ever again. I haven`t figured out how to do the program change stuff yet though, I`m not too worried about the #CC elements though, I`v got to do Something manually! LOL
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I want to share a little trick related to MPC workflow. In the moment you convert a song to a sequence all tracks in the new sequence are the "sequence 1" tracks. In my workflow I use to copy a sequence to make the next one, this is fine to keep all tracks more or less in order. But last sequence use to have much more tracks than seq 1.

So I reserve the very first sequence to copy last one before making the conversion from song to seq. Doing this all tracks will have correct names and instruments (in my case last sequences are the correct ones), and them I delete all tracks content

Is a stupid tip, but for me is useful
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeRivera View Post
I want to share a little trick related to MPC workflow. In the moment you convert a song to a sequence all tracks in the new sequence are the "sequence 1" tracks. In my workflow I use to copy a sequence to make the next one, this is fine to keep all tracks more or less in order. But last sequence use to have much more tracks than seq 1.

So I reserve the very first sequence to copy last one before making the conversion from song to seq. Doing this all tracks will have correct names and instruments (in my case last sequences are the correct ones), and them I delete all tracks content

Is a stupid tip, but for me is useful
Thats kinda how everything starts for me. When I come up with my initial idea, its usually a 4 bar sequence, with all the loops Ive dug through that fit what I want to do. Got a beat programmed, found a cool bass patch on the Microbrute, a couple of weird ambient melodic loops from my collection, etc.. After playing with this for a few days Ive got a nice chunk you could say 'Ok here's the hook' or something. From there, it gets distilled and spread out and arranged into a 'song'. But Ive always got sequence 1 as the placeholder so I can go back and look at how many tracks Ive used so far, and what is assigned to what. I rarely copy sequences and use them like 'ok here's the first half of the intro section', finish that up 'ok now how to tie it into the next 8 or 16 bars and lead into the verse section', etc.. I have to really keep up with the track assigmnents the way I work, so that first sequence having everything really helps. I have to remember to always go back after I add something later and add the track/instrument and MIDI stuff to sequence 1 so I have it for reference later.

Its neat to look at the track when its finished too. A lot of times sequence 1 is full of the initial patterns I used for the track, which often changes a lot by the time it's done. Kinda neat hearing how you've evolved from the start to finish of a composition doing that.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Is it intuitive & easy to make variations and full songs, the arrangement mode? I'm thinking of changing my squarp for something with a bigger screen, currently checking out the differences between this and force. Im guessing 'wait till 3.0' might get mentioned..

But the Live is a straight swap £ for £, so I can get it now for cheap
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
whats up?

What do you want? Daily check-ins? This isn't a kickstarter project. We all have a general idea of what is coming and the development team knows our requests, now it's time to practice patience. A large update came 2 months ago. An even larger one a few months before that. What other piece of hardware has changed as much as the Live/X in its lifespan?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearanewworld View Post
A large update came 2 months ago. An even larger one a few months before that. What other piece of hardware has changed as much as the Live/X in its lifespan?
I gotta' say - I love the idea of the MPC Live/X (and even Force) being a "living, breathing" piece of hardware that keeps getting frequent updates. The fact that Akai has taken this frequent annual update cycle shows a lot of confidence in the hardware, and makes people like me rest assured they won't be abandoned and that I "invested" my money in the right hardware. That speaks volumes.

Parallel that to Roland's original Aria line which hasn't seen updates in years (System 1, I'm looking at you).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What do you want? Daily check-ins? This isn't a kickstarter project. We all have a general idea of what is coming and the development team knows our requests, now it's time to practice patience. A large update came 2 months ago. An even larger one a few months before that. What other piece of hardware has changed as much as the Live/X in its lifespan?
Dan had set a president to some degree, answering questions, giving hints, etc. prior to the last 3 updates.

Personally, I'd love an updated similar to the last 2-3. "This one will be small with some bug fixes". 'The next one is big with a lot of requested features added". "No, that's on the radar but will not be in this update". "We're aiming for that but it may be a while".

It's been what, 1.5 months since 2.6? Dan said they're aiming for quarterly updates. Not that we're entitled, but some clues to what & what's not coming in October would be cool.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
Dan had set a president to some degree, answering questions, giving hints, etc. prior to the last 3 updates.

Personally, I'd love an updated similar to the last 2-3. "This one will be small with some bug fixes". 'The next one is big with a lot of requested features added". "No, that's on the radar but will not be in this update". "We're aiming for that but it may be a while".

It's been what, 1.5 months since 2.6? Dan said they're aiming for quarterly updates. Not that we're entitled, but some clues to what & what's not coming in October would be cool.
I guess is gonna come on October.
I'd love some more fx on the granular side and the chance to use the looper with just a subgroup on standalone.
Let's see.
I think they are all busy with ableton integration beta testing, which I don't need at all but I understand is a priority challenge.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
Dan had set a president to some degree, answering questions, giving hints, etc. prior to the last 3 updates..
That's a much more interesting president than the current POTUS, for sure.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Didn't they say that the 3.0 would be out before the end of the year or early next year? I could be wrong on that but if so maybe they are just getting that prepared.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
That's a much more interesting president than the current POTUS, for sure.

I bet he makes all his music with silly toys too!

I don't really care cause everything is perfectly fine over here but I thought they were a little late.. They didnt give specific timelines or anything but I assumed the MPC beta would start shortly after the Force one but here's the middle of September now. I imagine the beta test isn't exactly smooth though, let em work and get it done proper. We'll get ours eventually, Akai IS the MPC, just gotta wait for them to give some attention to the new kids. Its probably going to make the jump to the MPC beta test a hell of alot smoother once the Force's is ironed out.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
Didn't they say that the 3.0 would be out before the end of the year or early next year? I could be wrong on that but if so maybe they are just getting that prepared.
We were never given a target date for 3.0. Just indications that some things wouldn't appear in 2.x point updates before appearing in 3.0...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
What other piece of hardware has changed as much as the Live/X in its lifespan?
I would venture to guess that unfinished software in any hardware product on the market has X (enjoy that little pun) amount of development associated with it (as long as the company cares).

I'd say Akai time spent falls into two categories, what Akai planned to add to the software, and what was lacking/user wanted in the software. Most (not all, of course) things we've seen, are planned things, as far as I can tell. This is why the debate keeps going.

The most requested issue (for example) for over three years, still has not been corrected. I say it's this way because with all those comments in that one thread (and there are more on the same topic) there must be something to it.

I didn't mean for this as another rant about it, but merely as an example of why there are so many "accusations" from people about Akai not listening, and that they are wasting time, etc.. I think they are pushing things as fast as they can muster, and that they also have other things to be done (that we may not appreciate, notice or know about).

So in a public forum, one frankly should expect people to say something. If there hadn't been as much bit**ing about things, we would have had more of Akai plans, instead of also things that was not in those plans.

Loving the standalone automation editing!

Looking forward to a solid standalone MIDI implementation in the X/Live!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I have a Live but have been thinking about upgrading to an X recently (because, you know, knobs). Almost all of my local sellers seem to have first reduced prices, and now not to have any in stock. Thomann also aren’t keeping stock (but are apparently able to get them within a few days). New Live’s seem also to be poorly stocked at the minute, at least locally. It might not be for any particular reason, but I have to ask - has anyone heard anything about possible upgrades/replacement models?
Old 1 week ago
Plenty in stock at US retailers... They just dropped the price on it $200 too.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

akai is sending mpc beta testing mail ..said yes .. hope they will choose me
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejingle78 View Post
I just got that email. I didn't see any incentives for testing. Are there any aside from seeing potential additions early?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejingle78 View Post
Beta testing of what?
New Mpc coming soon?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Join the MPC beta testing team...apply now
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Hey, i have my mpc registered and didnt receive anything!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I hope they ain't putting out no new hardware before full-filling what they said they were going to do on these machines.
Thats twisted. They do that... and i maybe out, depending on the circumstances. I do like the mpc's there great but damn.

Make the delete button function better. a quick clear button somewhere for grid. multi timbral midi, better time stretch, a proper daw trackview, track fixed to program so we don't gotta reprogram that bitch a bunch, granular effect hella welcome, disk streaming, ALL in Standalone. Also fix that midi! the midi out via USB and the tighten up the timing still a bit. its more or less good, but sometimes on arps its a little off. Mandatory fixes. But thanks to Akai for adding what they have.

I wont be too mad if they pull that move and bring out new hardware, but honestly i would trust them more, and feel a lot better about owning there equipment if they focused on a product to make it rock solid before adding other gimmicks, or bringing out more products.

All in all, updates are welcome ofcourse as long as they dont **** up other ****.
my 2 cents.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzslut View Post
Hey, i have my mpc registered and didnt receive anything!
I didn't get one either. I would love to join the beta.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search