The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MPC live Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15211
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejingle78 View Post
messing around with apc40mk2 controlling tracks on my mp..

it's a pity mpc don't remember mute / solo /ecc. from sequence to sequence ..
That wouldn't make sense in song mode though!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15212
Lives for gear
 
Praxisaxis's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejingle78 View Post
messing around with apc40mk2 controlling tracks on my mp..

it's a pity mpc don't remember mute / solo /ecc. from sequence to sequence ..
It does remember pad mute. Not track mute. This is because pads are associated with programs and tracks with sequences.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15213
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejingle78 View Post
messing around with apc40mk2 controlling tracks on my mp..

it's a pity mpc don't remember mute / solo /ecc. from sequence to sequence ..

So the apc faders control the midi tracks volume?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmusic35 View Post

X-Touch does not work like this, it has no memories for scenes etc etc.. and AFAIK you can not control its faders from a midi sequencer.
So you don't think the X-touch can do midi learn to pick up the faders for midi track volumes?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15215
Because the Live would kick ass for gigs if it could team up with 8 automated faders
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15216
Lives for gear
 
Praxisaxis's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach View Post
Because the Live would kick ass for gigs if it could team up with 8 automated faders
The Live has MIDI Learn. So presuming the controller sends MIDI, you can set it to track volume.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach View Post
So you don't think the X-touch can do midi learn to pick up the faders for midi track volumes?
This should be possible, to be checked. I read somewhere (sorry that's not very precise!!) that maybe ONLY use x-touch COMPACT because sends cc, not x-touch....on the other hand Behringer may have updated x-touch. you need to check this to choose the right model
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15218
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoul View Post
but because u have saved that scene on x32 before quitting? if u open a new project from mpc x then u have to reset manually on x32 then?
yes, i save a scene in the x32. When you load a new project from MPC it won't reset the X32 since a new project does not send a program change. The best way it's to create a template project on your mpc which will load as a "new" project template. You can in this template assign a midi track to x32 , that track would send a program change to a "reset" scene you saved on your X32
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15219
Here for the gear
 

I used to like the fact that the mpc force me to use my ears instead of metering tools. But the latest updates made it soo capable im ready to ditch the computer and mix inside the mpc. For that i would like a spectrum analyser and a vu meter, any chance for a future update?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15220
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
It does remember pad mute. Not track mute. This is because pads are associated with programs and tracks with sequences.
thanks 4 reply!

got to try if I can map audio track volume when monitoring external synth,and remember state between sequence..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15221
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejingle78 View Post
messing around with apc40mk2 controlling tracks on my mp..

it's a pity mpc don't remember mute / solo /ecc. from sequence to sequence ..
pad or track mute? If you mute a track or tracks per sequence it should be remembered when moving between them afaik
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15222
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAktor View Post
pad or track mute? If you mute a track or tracks per sequence it should be remembered when moving between them afaik
tracks
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15223
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejingle78 View Post
tracks
then that's a head scratched because mine works fine in that context, I just set my sequences up, mute the tracks and can bounce between them with all mutes remembered per sequence.. no automation required..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15224
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAktor View Post
then that's a head scratched because mine works fine in that context, I just set my sequences up, mute the tracks and can bounce between them with all mutes remembered per sequence.. no automation required..
Yes exactly, that's how to work with sequences.
You can make different sequences with track mute and switch between them, not so different from the scenes in Force, same concept
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15225
Gear Maniac
 
stylesforfree's Avatar
 

Is anyone else having a problem with lag/latency in the sequencer?

Here's a video showing the problem in standalone mode. It doesn't happen in controller mode.

I am on 2.4 and I have phoned UK support twice and they can't help me.

For a £1700 product, aftersales support is absolutely shocking.



It stutters and hangs on some steps.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15226
Lives for gear
 
the_soulcatcher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post
Is anyone else having a problem with lag/latency in the sequencer?

Here's a video showing the problem.

I am on 2.4 and I have phoned UK support twice and they can't help me.
Is your MPC midi master or midi slave?
What other devices are connected to yer MPC USB ports and midi ports?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15227
Lives for gear
 
xparis001's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post
Is anyone else having a problem with lag/latency in the sequencer?

Here's a video showing the problem in standalone mode. It doesn't happen in controller mode.

I am on 2.4 and I have phoned UK support twice and they can't help me.

For a £1700 product, aftersales support is absolutely shocking.



It stutters and hangs on some steps.
have you tried Preferences / reset?

I don't see this here on mine. running 2.4?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15228
Gear Maniac
 
stylesforfree's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xparis001 View Post
have you tried Preferences / reset?

I don't see this here on mine. running 2.4?
Yeah Dan, I have. It seems after the update some internal files were deleted as I no longer have access to sound demos.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15229
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAktor View Post
then that's a head scratched because mine works fine in that context, I just set my sequences up, mute the tracks and can bounce between them with all mutes remembered per sequence.. no automation required..
Hi there!
yes without the apc40m2 it's working ok,but with it im having some trouble, is not working as an audio mixer from sequence to sequence then it's gonna totally mute one program or this one respond to all the other fader and not the one I mapped gotta figure it out it will take time
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15230
Lives for gear
 
Praxisaxis's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAktor View Post
then that's a head scratched because mine works fine in that context, I just set my sequences up, mute the tracks and can bounce between them with all mutes remembered per sequence.. no automation required..
Yes, it remembers its mute settings. What we're talking about is that if you mute, say, Track 1, it doesn't mean Track 1 will be muted in another sequence.

This is different with Pad Mute. Because programs are independent of sequence, if you mute a pad, it stays muted for all sequences until you unmute it.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15231
Gear Head
 

to @xparis001 hello are you able to say if USB Midi Out is on the horizon?


Many thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15232
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post
Yeah Dan, I have. It seems after the update some internal files were deleted as I no longer have access to sound demos.
I can't speak to why all of your factory content got deleted, but I will say that I intentionally deleted all of the factory content, and then my MPC Live started having similar behavior. I contacted Akai's customer support. It took almost two weeks for them to respond, but once they did they gave me a link to a downloadable file that uploaded all of the factory content back onto my MPC Live's internal hard drive. Now my MPC Live is back to normal... you should definitely contact them. Your issue might have the same remedy.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15233
Here for the gear
 

hello

about my apc faders- they work as an audio mixer on audio tracks while external monitoring and to me that's great,so if my fader down there will be no sound between sequences

but for program or pad level/volume

mpc dont read the current state of faders it reset itself between sequences,

so i.e. if my fader down for a clap on current seq. on the next seq. don't read fader state and I will hear the clap

I'd like to avoid that , maybe it's not the groovebox just my skills
so
pls help me
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15234
Lives for gear
 
the_soulcatcher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogiobo View Post
I can't speak to why all of your factory content got deleted, but I will say that I intentionally deleted all of the factory content, and then my MPC Live started having similar behavior. I contacted Akai's customer support. It took almost two weeks for them to respond, but once they did they gave me a link to a downloadable file that uploaded all of the factory content back onto my MPC Live's internal hard drive. Now my MPC Live is back to normal... you should definitely contact them. Your issue might have the same remedy.
I deleted all factory content on the MPC live as well and don't have ANY issues.

edit:
@stylesforfree: sorry for responding - I promise not to do it again!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15235
Gear Maniac
 
stylesforfree's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
I deleted all factory content on the MPC live as well and don't have ANY issues.

edit:
@stylesforfree: sorry for responding - I promise not to do it again!
No need to apologize mate.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15236
Gear Head
I went to a Justin Timberlake concert last night and he used the MPC Live on stage for a quite bit of remix. Was very cool to hear and see the MPC live on stage like that. Just thought I'd share.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15237
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbium View Post
I went to a Justin Timberlake concert last night and he used the MPC Live on stage for a quite bit of remix. Was very cool to hear and see the MPC live on stage like that. Just thought I'd share.
I am not Timberlake but you can come to see me playing Mpc live on a concert, I just use that plus a Rv500 reverb and a Kaoss Pad.
But after 2.4 I am considering to get rid of Rv500 and use the Air Reverb so maybe I will just have Mpc Live plus Kaoss Pad 3.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langur View Post
I am not Timberlake but you can come to see me playing Mpc live on a concert, I just use that plus a Rv500 reverb and a Kaoss Pad.
But after 2.4 I am considering to get rid of Rv500 and use the Air Reverb so maybe I will just have Mpc Live plus Kaoss Pad 3.
any video?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15239
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmusic35 View Post
any video?
Not live at the moment.
This:
YouTube
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15240
Gear Head
 

does anybody know about midi out over usb?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump