The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MPC live
Old 23rd November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack ➡️
Akai have had a fair bit of time with their audio track intentions and imminent release of V2.

I'm not judging Akai with what they've done in the past but with this new release and am confident of next to zero issues.
I bet the MPC software will be pretty stable on your computer with the MPC acting as a controller. But man, I think porting all that stuff to a standalone embedded processor is probably very hard and I expect there will be some growing pains there. And if they take a while to address that, it's bad news. People will freak.

But to their credit, they are obviously delaying 2.0 to be as stable as possible and trying to synchronize it with the release of the standalone Live. 2.0 basically looked "done" at NAMM 2016 with the touch. They can't have been debugging time stretch for 10 months.
Old 23rd November 2016
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I barely care about audio tracks in MPC. Give me better performance with MPC as a plugin, and I would be happy. The sync issues between Logic and the MPC plugin drives me insane sometimes. MPC falling off beat if I do anything in Logic kills my flow, and if I can start and stop tracks with the space bar in both Logic and MPC's standalone software, why can't I do that when I use MPC as a plugin without having to click Logic's arrangement window first?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redloheb ➡️
Except it's inmusic owned akai and products would be buggy as hell.
Pretty fact free assumption. I prefer to judge a release after its released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsWilsonian ➡️
I barely care about audio tracks in MPC. Give me better performance with MPC as a plugin, and I would be happy. The sync issues between Logic and the MPC plugin drives me insane sometimes. MPC falling off beat if I do anything in Logic kills my flow, and if I can start and stop tracks with the space bar in both Logic and MPC's standalone software, why can't I do that when I use MPC as a plugin without having to click Logic's arrangement window first?
These problems are caused by Logic. Not the MPC plug in.

Most integration problems (also for NI Maschine, Overbridge, etc.) are caused by the DAW's not allowing certains messages to be sent, or use own formats (regions etc) and ask money if a plug in wants to use it.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➡️
Not sure why or how Akai make so many mistakes with their gear lately but all they ever had to do was keep doing what they always did with the MPC line but just bring it's power and specs into the modern era, the MPC Ren layout is obviously nice so why not simply keep that style of machine going and get back to making it a proper stand alone high powered sampler, they seem to have gone right off the rails the last 10/15 years, it's a shame cause the MPC and S series samplers like the S900 & S1100 & S2800 samplers are some of the finest electronic music gear ever made..
Well akai japan was going broke and had bankruptcy issues so it was bought by inmuisc who has a history of buying struggling brands and not supporting them. The guys who are making software for akai are also making it for m-audio, sonivox, rane, denon, alesis and air so they cant possibly focus on the software as much as they need to. Same with customer support, product development and R&D. So just think about your day if you worked for inmusic and how much time you could actually focus on one project and getting it right when you have 20 others right behind it for other brands.
Gear Addict

Quote:
No please give me audio tracks! If I had audio tracks and midi fx it would be a full daw. I love the workflow but working in the standalone version of the software and logic at the same time to handle my audio is so aggravating! I gave up on the plugin along time ago! I do all my sampling, drums and sequencing vsts and outboard synths in the mpc. Its all there except I have to route the audio from the sequenced gear to logic to hear/record it. It makes no sense to be able to sequence midi without having a way to hear or record the audio coming out of the sequenced device
mp3
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggingForRoots ➡️
The guys who are making software for akai are also making it for m-audio, sonivox, rane, denon, alesis and air
As they were acquired, the InMusic brands maintained separate engineering teams. I doubt they're still walled off from one another, but I also seriously doubt they are now one team with responsibility for the entire InMusic product line.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec ➡️
These problems are caused by Logic. Not the MPC plug in.

Most integration problems (also for NI Maschine, Overbridge, etc.) are caused by the DAW's not allowing certains messages to be sent, or use own formats (regions etc) and ask money if a plug in wants to use it.
It's the only plugin I use that has major sync issues, and it happens in Ableton too. Couldn't you also blame the coding of MPC even if that was the case (ie, using messages that aren't allowed to be sent, etc)? My point was that it's not a quality plugin; more of a standalone app that was poorly ported to au/vst.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hopefully once Akai gets audio tracks one will no longer need any other DAW.

This new iteration V2 will pardon the pun......render them all obsolete.

Wishful thinking maybe.

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Where r the f______g official news from Akai? Is it all speculation ??
Old 24th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Where r the f______g official news from Akai? Is it all speculation ??
No.

It can be more than speculation even tho AKAI didnt give an official note yet.

1. There is the registration on the american wirelsss administration thingy. See first page.

2. There is Dan from AKAI saying something like it is coming, but cant comment on it before its official. See Reddit, link is in this thread.

3. Nick Batt is under NDA for this piece of gear. See Sonictalk of last week.

Where r ur f______g patience?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No.

It can be more than speculation even tho AKAI didnt give an official note yet.

1. There is the registration on the american wirelsss administration thingy. See first page.

2. There is Dan from AKAI saying something like it is coming, but cant comment on it before its official. See Reddit, link is in this thread.

3. Nick Batt is under NDA for this piece of gear. See Sonictalk of last week.

Where r ur f______g patience?
No f.....ing patience whatsoever )
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Because all their competition are already reacting to it. Pioneer rushed to market and released Toraiz completely unfinished. Unheard of.
NI suddenly works on Maschine again, even aiming at adding audiotracks.. something they always ruled out.

So this MPC is in the making and competitors consider it a threat. And for good reason.

If the MPC 2.0 software works properly and runs stand alone, it can be used both ways, hybrid and self contained .. well i see no rason why anyone would want the other products still.

Maschine Studio and Toraiz, both are more pricey than the rumoured 899,- for MPC live.
Do you just make up stuff for fun ?
Pioneer did not and would not release anything early because of Akai, they released it unfinished because they are new to that market and actually have no idea what they are doing, that is why Toriaz is so under specced and over priced

NI are working on Maschine again because they are trying to ship toy hardware (Jam) and to shut up a never ending stream of terrible user feedback online, unfortunately they tried to **** their own users and even though they currently have a beta running for fanboy (Seriously, if you could see the people who had gotten on to the beta you would laugh your nuts off) the user bad feedback gets worse and worse and worse, not only did they add features in to the software that could only be activated by the toy dongle (Jam) but the opromised communication dried up after two weeks.
But please, point to where NI have ever stated they are working towards adding audio tracks.

Please point out where exactly you got any info that any competitor finds this unreleased item a threat ?

This doesn't even exist yet, nobody cares about it other than forum dwellers with little else to post about, probably never even planning on buying anything like it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Pretty fact free assumption. I prefer to judge a release after its released.
Just check out complains itt
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
It's the only plugin I use that has major sync issues, and it happens in Ableton too. Couldn't you also blame the coding of MPC even if that was the case (ie, using messages that aren't allowed to be sent, etc)? My point was that it's not a quality plugin; more of a standalone app that was poorly ported to au/vst.
Well if it helps, it syncs for me with Ableton. Might be something else...

I would like to see it become less cpu hungry, maybe even a freeze function also.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle ➡️
Do you just make up stuff for fun ?
Uhm, its happening as we speak..

Quote:
Pioneer did not and would not release anything early because of Akai, they released it unfinished because they are new to that market and actually have no idea what they are doing, that is why Toriaz is so under specced and over priced
A mere coincidence then, i guess. How many unfinished products did Pioneer release in the past?

Quote:
NI are working on Maschine again because they are trying to ship toy hardware (Jam) and to shut up a never ending stream of terrible user feedback online
Another mere coincidence then. How long did the terrible user feedback go on, and when did they start with their "We're back at Maschine" campaign?

You know what? Thats what i believe in:
Quote:
Source:
Occam's razor is a problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347). The principle can be interpreted as stating among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
or in more musical terms... (btw. nice Oberheim Two Voice in this video too!!)

Quote:
This doesn't even exist yet, nobody cares about it other than forum dwellers with little else to post about, probably never even planning on buying anything like it.
Their competition obviously thinks otherwise.

I am in for a sequencer/sampler to replace my Maschine mkI since years. All rumour threads about such a thing got my full attention. The Toraiz thread, Roland ACB sampler, the Jam, the Deluge.. everything that goes in this direction.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwet ➡️

I would like to see it become less cpu hungry, maybe even a freeze function also.
Yeah, I should've been clearer. The sync issue is mainly with other DAWs, the inability to start/stop the host while MPC is highlighted also happens in Ableton. But there's some major sync problems in 1.9 in Cubase and Logic X for sure... quite a few threads on it on Akai's help site and elsewhere. I'm still mainly using Logic so it's pretty awful to use MPC as a plugin.
Old 25th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggingForRoots ➡️
I do all my sampling, drums and sequencing vsts and outboard synths in the mpc. Its all there except I have to route the audio from the sequenced gear to logic to hear/record it. It makes no sense to be able to sequence midi without having a way to hear or record the audio coming out of the sequenced device
You plug your external gear into a mixer, your mixer into your speakers, and you can hear it.

You can record audio from the external gear as a new sample, and have that automatically placed into your sequence in the correct location.
Old 25th November 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I should've been clearer. The sync issue is mainly with other DAWs, the inability to start/stop the host while MPC is highlighted also happens in Ableton. But there's some major sync problems in 1.9 in Cubase and Logic X for sure... quite a few threads on it on Akai's help site and elsewhere. I'm still mainly using Logic so it's pretty awful to use MPC as a plugin.
Maybe you don't know that in MPC software preferences you can make some changes.

1. Go to the MPC preferences when in plug in mode

Edit>Preferences>Hardware>Record/Overdub>change it to plugin

2. In Ableton midi learn mode you can assign the MPC transport to play, stop, launch clips even assign one MPC button to two Ableton functions.
Old 25th November 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Maybe you don't know that in MPC software preferences you can make some changes.

1. Go to the MPC preferences when in plug in mode

Edit>Preferences>Hardware>Record/Overdub>change it to plugin

2. In Ableton midi learn mode you can assign the MPC transport to play, stop, launch clips even assign one MPC button to two Ableton functions.
No, I know that, which is cool and all when I'm connected to the hardware. I just meant the space bar on my computer for when I'm not connected, which is pretty often. I can live either way; it's not my main gripe. I'm more annoyed by the sync problems and constantly having to stop and restart the track to get everything on time. Hoping the endless wait for 2.0 will address it. We haven't gotten a software update since May.
Old 25th November 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
so apparently akai skipped windows embedded for the live and went with linux. one indicator is that microsoft´s very own pete brown has not posted a thing about the leak so far. do you think the flagship mpc will still run windows embedded though?
Old 26th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The reason Pete Brown hasn't posted anything is that he is too busy enjoying his Mother 32 and his Matrix Brute.

Cheers
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazenta ➡️
so apparently akai skipped windows embedded for the live and went with linux. one indicator is that microsoft´s very own pete brown has not posted a thing about the leak so far. do you think the flagship mpc will still run windows embedded though?
To have 2 different OS for the same controller/stand alone type would be beyond silly.

Whatever the core OS might be. As a user we wont recognize it anyways.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
No, I know that, which is cool and all when I'm connected to the hardware. I just meant the space bar on my computer for when I'm not connected, which is pretty often. I can live either way; it's not my main gripe. I'm more annoyed by the sync problems and constantly having to stop and restart the track to get everything on time. Hoping the endless wait for 2.0 will address it. We haven't gotten a software update since May.
Weird, ive never had it go out of sync. If you hit the space bar in Live the MPC software will start also.

Are you talking about the stop in the transport section in Live? Yes you have to hit that stop button after you stop clips in session view, but that happens with all my other plugins. Isn't that normal behavior for Live?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Weird, ive never had it go out of sync. If you hit the space bar in Live the MPC software will start also.

Are you talking about the stop in the transport section in Live? Yes you have to hit that stop button after you stop clips in session view, but that happens with all my other plugins. Isn't that normal behavior for Live?
The only DAW I know of that doesn't have the sync issue is Ableton actually. Unfortunately, I don't use Ableton that much... mostly for very specific purposes. If you search the sync issues in the Akai forums, you'll see multiple threads about Logic and Cubase in particular. As far as the stop/start issue, I don't think I'm explaining it well lol. Basically, using space bar stops and starts songs. But if I have MPC open as a plugin and it's in the foreground, this key command doesn't work (at least for me). Stopping and starting works fine on MPC hardware when I assign the controller, I just meant when I'm just using my laptop without the hardware. I didn't mean to derail the thread with complaints though haha. Probably just the frustration of waiting half a year for any type of update.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The only DAW I know of that doesn't have the sync issue is Ableton actually. Unfortunately, I don't use Ableton that much... mostly for very specific purposes. If you search the sync issues in the Akai forums, you'll see multiple threads about Logic and Cubase in particular. As far as the stop/start issue, I don't think I'm explaining it well lol. Basically, using space bar stops and starts songs. But if I have MPC open as a plugin and it's in the foreground, this key command doesn't work (at least for me). Stopping and starting works fine on MPC hardware when I assign the controller, I just meant when I'm just using my laptop without the hardware. I didn't mean to derail the thread with complaints though haha. Probably just the frustration of waiting half a year for any type of update.
Who cares about the thread. Thats normal in public forums.

Ive read about Logic and Cubase having problems. Hopefully they don't wait until the next version to fix it.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Who cares about the thread. Thats normal in public forums.

Ive read about Logic and Cubase having problems. Hopefully they don't wait until the next version to fix it.
True, at least we're having a civil conversation . But I fully agree on that front considering Ableton is probably the DAW that needs a 3rd party drum/sample chopping plugin the least. The whole reason I tried to integrate an MPC into my Logic setup is bc I couldn't wait any longer for a new sampler and I can't stand the built-in drum modules. EXS24 and Ultrabeat/drum machine designer are the reasons I bought Ableton in the first place lol. I can't speak for Cubase since I don't know much about the drum programming or sampling, but having MPC as plugin for Logic is a godsend. The sync issue is just a major annoyance. The employee in the Akai forums was basically denying that it was an issue in LPX, so I'm tempted to send them some videos considering I can replicate the issue at will. But reading through the Cubase complaints, I can tell you it's exactly the same... adding plugins during playback, saving during playback, and some other things will get this 1/4 to 1/2 beat skipping. The beat will always be on the grid but off time. And I don't wanna hear the "you shouldn't add plugins during playback" from their employees when I know it works fine in Ableton and doesn't happen with any other plugin I own.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazenta ➡️
Pete Brown has said that he isn't involved with this project. He's probably been around long enough to know that adding fuel to some speculation isn't super helpful.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Uhm, its happening as we speak..

A mere coincidence then, i guess. How many unfinished products did Pioneer release in the past?

Another mere coincidence then. How long did the terrible user feedback go on, and when did they start with their "We're back at Maschine" campaign?

You know what? Thats what i believe in:

or in more musical terms... (btw. nice Oberheim Two Voice in this video too!!)

Their competition obviously thinks otherwise.

I am in for a sequencer/sampler to replace my Maschine mkI since years. All rumour threads about such a thing got my full attention. The Toraiz thread, Roland ACB sampler, the Jam, the Deluge.. everything that goes in this direction.
+1 Roland ACB sampler and boutiques space and chorus echo alongside MX1 Mk2 complete with cross fader

I thought this would be on message within the subject of this thread
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I wound up in Akai MPC Touch land because the Roland ACB rumor went nowhere. And now I'm a big potential customer for the MPC Live.

Would love a real analog filter like the Toraiz - just spent over an hour this week gain staging an MPC filter to not clip under mild resonance. I haven't dealt with digital filters in a while that just clip like bloody murder.
Old 26th November 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsue
Pete Brown has said that he isn't involved with this project.
whoat?? so everything became obsolete then? *facepalm* wtf has happened??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Brown
The [MPC Legacy] prototype was running an Intel Next Unit of Computing (NUC) with a core i5. It did not require any external PC. TBD what the final device runs, nut I’d expect something similar. Performance was excellent because the device is optimized to so one thing, not to also serve as email device, etc. You can even hook a keyboard, mouse, and external display to the MPC if you want. That said, I was able to do all the sample loading just using the touch screen and a thumb drive. [...] I’m not going to name names, but we’re working with several tiers from most of the big names that produce software and hardware down to a selection of some of the smaller companies that create unique or impactful software. I’ve been in the room or on the phone with each of these. InMusic (Akai/Numark) was included when one of our field folks pointed out to me that they were doing cool things with embedded and their next gen of products. It’s a hood enough sample to make sure we have feedback covering the spectrum of requirements for creative/pro audio.
source: De:Bug Musiktechnik » Kommt die nächste MPC mit Windows Embedded?
📝 Reply