The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg Monologue
Old 27th October 2016
Gear Nut

Im glad I passed on that second hand oberheim matrix 1000 with some internal issues .

Cos this seems like the year of the polys . affordable polys.

Hopefully....
Old 27th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
But have you actually sat down and played with one? I own quite a few analog keys both vintage and modern.. and the ML really hold it's own imho..
I've said this before, but we have a weekly synth jam that includes many of the big names: A6, Voyager, Minimoog, Source, original Odyssey, MS20, MS10, classic Roland analogs, modern DSI synths, and more.

Almost every single jam, someone stops and asks what is making such a great sound, and it's almost always the Minilogue.
Old 27th October 2016
Lives for gear

Even with stupid mini-keys and dimensions only an idiot would use on an instrument I would buy one of these.

Stephen
t_d
Lives for gear

every post on gearslutz can be answered with one of two responses:

1. because it's gearslutz

2. get both

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
There have been no hints about this on any official Korg social channels, so why 7 pages of pointless conjecture?

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bennett View Post
Even with stupid mini-keys and dimensions only an idiot would use on an instrument I would buy one of these.

Stephen
Would be a dream for me, too.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post

I found this on the Internet's...

Stop giving me credit..

I am not worthy...

Old 27th October 2016
Lives for gear

ARP friggin Quadra! Hell yes!!!

My absolute dream synth...even more lust for it than a Jupiter 8. (actually I lust after a JP4 more than a JP 8 too!) Is that wrong?

i blame @mrfirechild:

Old 27th October 2016
F5D
Lives for gear

An upgraded Polysix or a new full size synth with Minilogue engine + extra LFOs and voices, and I will be interested. Building synths with slim keys makes them toys, and does not even help much in making them smaller. I just returned a KArp Odyssey back to the shop. I don't like the slim keys, neither when playing nor when looking at the synth. I was able to play the keys, but did not enjoy it. Also, just looking at the synth kept reminding me of how much better looking or desirable it would have been with full size keys. So close, why so close Korg? You have gone through Volca and slim keys. Now, it is time to step into the full size analog synth market. I wish the DM12 has made Korg to reconsider full size keys.
Deleted b598644
polysix is not very interesting for a reissue
Old 27th October 2016
Lives for gear
A new polysix that isn't cursed with the battery issues and isn't too pricey would be sweet in my book. A 2600 or Mono/poly would be nice too of course.
Lives for gear

After reading a post by Jim Aikin on FB, I agree with him that it'll probably be Eurorack related!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa View Post
After reading a post by Jim Aikin on FB, I agree with him that it'll probably be Eurorack related!
what did he say?

regardless, I could see a tolex eurorack case with some classic authentic modules ala ms-20 filter and oscs, maybe some arp modules
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D View Post
An upgraded Polysix or a new full size synth with Minilogue engine + extra LFOs and voices, and I will be interested. Building synths with slim keys makes them toys, and does not even help much in making them smaller. I just returned a KArp Odyssey back to the shop. I don't like the slim keys, neither when playing nor when looking at the synth. I was able to play the keys, but did not enjoy it. Also, just looking at the synth kept reminding me of how much better looking or desirable it would have been with full size keys. So close, why so close Korg? You have gone through Volca and slim keys. Now, it is time to step into the full size analog synth market. I wish the DM12 has made Korg to reconsider full size keys.
I agree! I would like to see an 8-voice, 2 VCO polyphonic engine with 2 LFOs, 2 envelopes, knob-per-function both in full keyboard and desktop forms for those, like me, who don't have space for any more keyboards.

As for the KARP, I didn't buy it because of the mini keys, but the module I'm going to buy for sure!
Lives for gear

The fact that KARP even exists is mind boggling.

They could re-issue a product every two years for the next 20 years and it would be f-ing amazing.

At the same time Korg could be pushing the envelope with new stuff.

The second golden age of analog is sweeet!
Old 27th October 2016
Gear Addict

I doubt ARP 2600 simply because of the fact that the original got a mechanical spring reverb and it's highly unlikely that Korg would recreate that, looking at their current products.
Imagine an ARP 2600 with Boss style digital spring emulation.
And attached minikeys, for the heck of it.
Lives for gear

Eurorack compatible tabletop semi modular featuring a built-in SQ-1, minilogue oscillators, MS-20 filters and ESP, Karp modulation, that noisy delay they've been throwing around along with a Nutube for effects.

Call it the WataMS-20
Lives for gear

Quote:

Stop giving me credit..

I am not worthy...

May be right, just went to VSE and found this in comments from 3 years ago. "Supposedly Korg is set to soon unleash a poly6mini upon the earth.", here... Korg PolySix | Vintage Synth Explorer
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_ View Post
I doubt ARP 2600 simply because of the fact that the original got a mechanical spring reverb and it's highly unlikely that Korg would recreate that, looking at their current products.
Imagine an ARP 2600 with Boss style digital spring emulation.
Spring reverb tanks are almost a dime a dozen. Every other guitar amp has one. Have a look here:
Accutronics-Belton Reverb Tanks Hot Rox UK
Old 27th October 2016
Gear Nut

I would quite happily drop £2k on a quadra remake
Old 27th October 2016
Lives for gear

ARP Quadra reissue would kick the competition in the butt. They are rare, they have a unique layout and voicing system. I suspect a lot of high end musicians would be all over it.

It had to be an ARP something, maybe an omni mk2 or a chroma?

Excitement
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
ARP friggin Quadra! Hell yes!!!

My absolute dream synth...even more lust for it than a Jupiter 8. (actually I lust after a JP4 more than a JP 8 too!) Is that wrong?

i blame @mrfirechild:

Mr. Firechild is always pimping those vintage synths!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
ARP Quadra reissue would kick the competition in the butt. They are rare, they have a unique layout and voicing system. I suspect a lot of high end musicians would be all over it.

It had to be an ARP something, maybe an omni mk2 or a chroma?

Excitement
I dunno.. those all in one synths seem to be kindof like a jack of all trades, but master of none. Which doesn't mean that it can't do nice things, but personally, I'd rather have a fully featured proper synth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar modular View Post
Spring reverb tanks are almost a dime a dozen. Every other guitar amp has one. Have a look here:
Nice to imagine 2016 synth w Real Spring Reverb - can't get more analog than that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
I dunno.. those all in one synths seem to be kindof like a jack of all trades, but master of none. Which doesn't mean that it can't do nice things, but personally, I'd rather have a fully featured proper synth
Have you listened to demos of the Quadra? From the ones I've heard, everything out of it sounds absolutely amazing. You make it sound like some kind of crappy rompler.
Old 28th October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar modular View Post
Not to mention Korg owns Vox, so they already ship products with a spring.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
Yes. And also so cheaply built (compared to other polys). Such a crap case and keyboard design, but so many are still working, so maybe time has shown it's not such a bad build quality !? The one I had was a tech nightmare. For example the wire used on the keyboard harness was super thin and it was a huge hassle to service the Keybed. Unlike others of it's time .. it was not built like a tank.
Any of them working now are probably the better ones off the production line. The poor quality ones have already failed. Or are causing sad owners and techs nightmares.

Certainly a better rebuild today could be more attractive. What will the Day of the Dead bring for/from Korg?
Lives for gear

A karp sized mono/poly I would go for in a heart beat ... the original sounds amazing.
Deleted b598644
why not a 86% version of something more exotic :

or

Lives for gear

Quote:

Stop giving me credit..

I am not worthy...

That's brilliant SonicBern.

I believe that's it. real MP reissue would be amazing.

I would also love Quadra
📝 Reply