The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Korg Monologue
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceNoir View Post
That reply wasn't for you.
You have a different problem maybe this is where you are getting confused if your using the solutions to other peoples problems to try and solve your own.
i'm fairly certain our issues are related which is why i mentioned mine
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentzelitis View Post
Monologue 2.0 Release notes
- support for active step feature
- new microtuning presets DC001-DC003 (as on minilogue xd)
- display original value
- new slider range parameter
- added option to turn off oscilloscope display
- increased granularity of MIDI filter setting
- support for MIDI set position messages
- fixed occasional inversion of swing pattern when changing programs
- fixed other minor bugs

where?
Right there

-increased granularity of MIDI filter setting

Try GLOBAL EDIT > 7th step button > 5th page = MIDI Tx CC on/off
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
i'm fairly certain our issues are related which is why i mentioned mine

and that reply wasn't for you unless you are also jfmagnet who replies to anything said to you wentzelitis and now your replying to posts for jfmagnet
Old 15th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:

and that reply wasn't for you unless you are also jfmagnet who replies to anything said to you wentzelitis and now your replying to posts for jfmagnet
I replied to his posts because like he said we "seems" to have the same problem even if at the base it's different.
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Right there

-increased granularity of MIDI filter setting

Try GLOBAL EDIT > 7th step button > 5th page = MIDI Tx CC on/off
That's new? I remember that being there when I tried and it didn't work. Try it yourself. If I'm wrong I'm sorry since it's been over 6 months since I've tried.. but jfmagnet has a similar issue to mine which doesn't seem to be fixed by that either. It could be a coincidence but seeing as other people including myself experienced this issue over 6 months ago with no fix, i'm leaning towards not.
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
That's new? I remember that being there when I tried and it didn't work. Try it yourself. If I'm wrong I'm sorry since it's been over 6 months since I've tried.. but jfmagnet has a similar issue to mine which doesn't seem to be fixed by that either. It could be a coincidence but seeing as other people including myself experienced this issue over 6 months ago with no fix, i'm leaning towards not.
The update only came out at the end of June so you could not have tried it 6 months ago
Old 15th August 2019
Here for the gear

Ok i fix my problem, i went into the midi port filter of my iconnect midi4
and put an input filter on "realtime events" for the ML and voilà !
It doesnt affect the midi notes input only the clock signal from it.
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
The update only came out at the end of June so you could not have tried it 6 months ago
I tried it before the update.. what's confusing about that?
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmagnet View Post
Ok i fix my problem, i went into the midi port filter of my iconnect midi4
and put an input filter on "realtime events" for the ML and voilà !
It doesnt affect the midi notes input only the clock signal from it.
nice workaround! glad you got it working
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
I tried it before the update.. what's confusing about that?
The fact that you remembered trying it before the update when that option was only there after the update is very confusing

Have you tried what I suggested or would you rather bitch and moan than find a solution to your problem
Old 16th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAF Vu Master View Post
If you want midi control, and if the Monotribe has MIDI mod
you can use a MIDI ROUTER to redirect channel 11 to channel 1.

I have used MIDI SOLUTIONS product for this.

Then the Monologue can happily send midi to the Monotribe.
Probably I could do it without adding another box by sacking everything off channel 11 (Octatrack legacy thing) to channel 1. But I actually quite like the CV option, as it gives the Monotribe a kind of free-floating role against everything else.

The video does show more of what I'm doing than just dogs lol, the Monotribe goes into an Eventide Space, the Monologue into a Blackstar distortion and a Korg SDD3000 delay:

Old 16th August 2019
Gear Addict

Yes, I swear by the CV/Gate on the Monotribe.
Imagine if the Monologue had CV/Gate out.

I am watching the 2nd hand prices of the Monologues
and when the Price is Right, I will snap one up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmark View Post
Probably I could do it without adding another box by sacking everything off channel 11 (Octatrack legacy thing) to channel 1. But I actually quite like the CV option, as it gives the Monotribe a kind of free-floating role against everything else.

The video does show more of what I'm doing than just dogs lol, the Monotribe goes into an Eventide Space, the Monologue into a Blackstar distortion and a Korg SDD3000 delay:

Old 16th August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
The fact that you remembered trying it before the update when that option was only there after the update is very confusing

Have you tried what I suggested or would you rather bitch and moan than find a solution to your problem
wow you really are that bad at reading? i don't have it anymore so I can't try it. have you tried it? i don't have a problem. i was trying to help someone else who clearly still had a problem AFTER the update.. i even specifically mentioned i haven't tried in over 6 months but that what he was describing was similar behavior to what I (and others) have experienced. *spoiler* he found a work around a few posts ago allowing him to separate/filter the various parts of the monologue midi outputs that you can't turn off with his other hardware since you can't read and will probably try to "help" some more
Old 16th August 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
wow you really are that bad at reading? i don't have it anymore so I can't try it. have you tried it? i don't have a problem. i was trying to help someone else who clearly still had a problem AFTER the update.. i even specifically mentioned i haven't tried in over 6 months but that what he was describing was similar behavior to what I (and others) have experienced. *spoiler* he found a work around a few posts ago allowing him to separate/filter the various parts of the monologue midi outputs that you can't turn off with his other hardware since you can't read and will probably try to "help" some more
No problem sometimes I forget what forum this is and try to help
Old 19th August 2019
Here for the gear
As someone that grew up with the synths in the 80s, but never had neither the money nor the chance to get anything expensive, I think that this device is just fine and does what it should.

Korg understand that hardware is mostly redundant when you have VST; they cost more to design, more to produce, more to distribute; and not everyone is enamored of physical stuff that cost thousands of dollars and occupy valuable space. So they went for the route of the small "gadget" as some called them. Which makes totally sense, both from a company perspective, and from market perspective.

I have never seen so many analog mono and poly synths like in the past 5-6 years; every company went full on with small devices, for the ones that love knobs and buttons; and that consider hardware being superior to software instruments; which is the primary market for companies that nowadays survive on nostalgia, more than innovation.
In the same way that a computer in the 60s was a super expensive item, and now is so cheap that you get one for 50 bucks; the synth industry went in the same way: what was expensive at that time, now is cheap. A Volca is barely 150, and if you look at it; the electronics in it is not worth more than 20 bucks, because it is mass produced with modern components. Same goes for most of the equipment you buy today...you buy the name, you buy the marketing spiel; and then when someone set up blind tests; only selected few can tell the difference between an analog hardware device, a digital device and a VST; and same goes for replicas that are sold today; where even with an oscilloscope you see very little difference.

Nothing wrong against hardware, I love it and I buy a lot of it if I need it; but at the same time; I find most of the complains about the Monologue and other mono synth; being based on concepts that are either irrelevant for most people (and by any means, if something is important to you, it is worth of being respected and listened), or based purely on opinions. I would not go as far as saying that device X is not good; I would say that device X does not work for me because [put your motivation here].

I have got the Monologue and it does what I need; I don't care how many synths are out there that sound "better" or how complex is the electronic inside; I tried it, liked the sound, it is easy to use and small to carry and store around, so that fits my need; more than a microbrute or bassstation or any other of the tons of modern wave synths that came out recently. Is the Monologue a good buy? I have no clue; it fits my needs so for me it is. Then if it does not fit someone else's needs, is something that the single individual has to figure out.

To me it is just amazing that I can get a synth that sound great, for barely 300 bucks, when in the 80s, I was dreaming to buy anything that was remotely close to a synth, and the cheapest would come at least 1K; we live in a great time, where we have variety and cheap prices for most of the goods; and the only discriminant at this point is just how much we care about a brand or model or if it is hardware or software or a replica; which is what makes money for companies that exploit this "love" for specific things, and give scalpers on Ebay the chance to make easy money.

From my perspective, I buy with my ears, not with my eyes; if I like how something sound, and it is easy enough to use for me, and I need it; I get it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I finished my Monologue patchbank and want to set it up so it's free to download, but users can donate a small amount if they want to. How would I go about setting something like that up?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
I finished my Monologue patchbank and want to set it up so it's free to download, but users can donate a small amount if they want to. How would I go about setting something like that up?
Bandcamp is good for that but I don't think they allow non-audio uploads - perhaps there's a similar service out there for other file types. Of course the quick and dirty way would be to just provide a free link as well as a paypal/venmo ID.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb View Post
Bandcamp is good for that but I don't think they allow non-audio uploads - perhaps there's a similar service out there for other file types. Of course the quick and dirty way would be to just provide a free link as well as a paypal/venmo ID.
Ok, so I would just have to put my PayPal ID and people could send it with just that info?

Edit: So apparently you just give them your email linked to PayPal. Ok got it now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Ok, so I would just have to put my PayPal ID and people could send it with just that info?

Edit: So apparently you just give them your email linked to PayPal. Ok got it now.
Aye just need to provide your user ID and people can send to that, no need to hand out any identifiable info or email I think (only done it the once that I can recall). No doubt there’s better info in the support pages.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Aye just need to provide your user ID and people can send to that, no need to hand out any identifiable info or email I think (only done it the once that I can recall). No doubt there’s better info in the support pages.
I didn't want to give out email either...but all of the support pages say nothing about your username or ID, they say you have to provide the email to have people make the payments.

Edit: it also says by phone number as well....I think email would be better
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I didn't want to give out email either...but all of the support pages say nothing about your username or ID, they say you have to provide the email to have people make the payments.

Ah I remember now - if you go on the app (and presumably on web too) and go to the Request feature, you can create a paypal.me link with a name/code of your choice so you can post that anywhere without sharing your email.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

https://ko-fi.com/

^ another option I found when doing some googling
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ah I remember now - if you go on the app (and presumably on web too) and go to the Request feature, you can create a paypal.me link with a name/code of your choice so you can post that anywhere without sharing your email. E.g. paypal.me/bilberryjuice is mine (just set it up this minute).
Oh ok, thanks for the info. I will try that.

For the past few hours I have been trying to make my Roland UM-ONE MK2 usb midi interface work. I install the driver but my computer fails to recognize it and says no driver is installed...but it is..... if I try to install it again the installation program tells me that it is already installed. I created a topic on it, hopefully I can get some answers. Apparently, no one else on the interent has had this issue with it.

Roland UM-One MK2 Win8 Driver Issue
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Finally got it working, the issue was the
folder that held all the files had to keep the name it came with. I changed it and caused it not to work.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Free Patches!

Here, as promised. These are the 44 patches I created for the Korg Monologue. They are free, enjoy!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...79721699544237

Here is a demo video. It gives a brief example of each patch.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search