The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
anyone used super bas station
Old 27th February 2007
Here for the gear

anyone used super bas station

I hahe some qusion about "super bass station" !!
Old 27th February 2007
Lives for gear

I just picked one up used a week ago. Love the CV output. I've actually used it to send stuff to my 2600 more than I've used the synth.

I really like the synth though. Extremely flexible and capable. Maybe not the most colorful sounding synth out there, but I've got tons of color elsewhere, so I really like it's sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by win View Post
Old 27th February 2007
Gear Maniac

I have owned the Super and original, and they are more usefull as CV converters than as a synth. I think the Waldorf Pulse+ is a better deal for a monosynth with CV Gate and filter input. THe Waldorf is actually analog where the Novation is an early VA. But that is just my opinion. I really dislike Novation gear...
Old 28th February 2007
Here for the gear

super bass station

hi.
Thanks for that !!
Everytime i use the filter of the "super bass station" and when i restart
neuendo 3 and play . It just change different sound (filter) !! That sound
like too much over filter and efx become very small sound (like too much
compressor) WHY ??
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Is it changing patches randomly? I had that problem with one of the ones I had. It would randomly change patches for no reason. No explanation except that it was made by Novation.
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscakes View Post
I have owned the Super and original, and they are more usefull as CV converters than as a synth. I think the Waldorf Pulse+ is a better deal for a monosynth with CV Gate and filter input. THe Waldorf is actually analog where the Novation is an early VA. But that is just my opinion. I really dislike Novation gear...
The SuperBassStation is NOT a VA, none of the BassStations are. It uses DCOs for the oscillators and an analogue filter & VCA. I assume the envelopes etc are software generated though.

I actually quite like it, hardly 'vintage' sounding but quite useable for some stuff.
Old 28th February 2007
Lives for gear

The bass station and the super bass station aren't VA synths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscakes View Post
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Maniac

If you get one, be careful with the knobs. I wore out a couple and now they jump quite a bit when touched, so all knob tweaking is relegated to CC Automation these days.

The arps a bit stale and obvious, so I often drive them with My Virus Arps.

The MIDI CV converter is quite good. Very tight. I use it with a friend Taurus II all the time. Sure beats playing the thing with my feet.
Old 28th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Sorry. Even if they are analog, I still don't like them because of the reliability issues I had with the 2 different ones I had.
Old 1st March 2007
Gear Addict

hi,

I also have an sbs, I also had a bass station, but I sold it - the sbs has somewhat more balls than the other, i tried waldorf pulse, had an ms20 (though that one is not comparable) and tried every virtual anaogue, (virus waldorf q, nord lead...) for bass - (had noo moog jet, but it´s too much $) but the super bass station has thrown them out of the window, try initializing it, or making a very simple saw sound, its got more than every other dco synth, even a juno 106 (but probably not a juno 60) - i like it, mine is like new too so I wont sell it, ever. But you have to hear one before you buy, as always...

cheers
Tom
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

"sbs"

hi all :
What is the "C V" ? Why everybody so love "C V" ?
Is it different midi ? So if i use "c v " that can adjust my problem ?
(The sound always change !)
Old 1st March 2007
Gear Maniac

If you have an old analog synth, they can be controlled through CV for pitch, and gate for note on/off. witht the NBS, you can plug these two things into an old moog for instance, and use your favorite MIDI sequencer to play it. Quite handy! And sure beats paying 300-600 to have a machine retrofitted with MIDI.
Old 1st March 2007
Lives for gear

The only reason I keep my SBS is for its Sub Bass patch...#20 I think...damn that thing is SMOOOOOTH... even the Omega 8 can't beat it...
Old 1st March 2007
Here for the gear

Thx all for all of that thing !!!

So i have next "a questions" ..
what"s " pre" are you best to do your synth ( like virus . sbs . jomox99. )
for your music ? (not vintage ) $$

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search