The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia DrumBrute analog drum machine
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraLeVipere View Post
So in conclusion: I don’t know if I’ll ever buy myself a drumbrute, because i simply don’t need a 909/808 thing, but honestly I really don’t know what’s to hate about this machine.
Sorry, if I sounded harsh. I was more or less referring to the "909/808 thing".

The Drumbrute is its own thing, ok. Yesterday I was experimenting with it by running it through VST effects and changing the general frequency response and you can get some cooler sounds out of it. It's nicer to tame the heights, dip something at 200 Hz, adding some low end, adding some 300-800 Hz, 3 kHz.

But in general, compare some freeware : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwltgU5It1A

Maybe not every DB sounds the same. The DB wins with its hands-on experience.
Old 11 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
Sorry, if I sounded harsh. I was more or less referring to the "909/808 thing".

The Drumbrute is its own thing, ok. Yesterday I was experimenting with it by running it through VST effects and changing the general frequency response and you can get some cooler sounds out of it. It's nicer to tame the heights, dip something at 200 Hz, adding some low end, adding some 300-800 Hz, 3 kHz.
No need to sorry actually I was kinda wrong about calling it simply a 909/808 thing. Like Disastrous said, it's a thing with its own sound, and that shouldn't be used to go compete with 909s.
Like I said, i see it toward really different areas.

Then, of course, if its sounds work or not in recording, that's another issue.
Old 10 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Maybe not every DB sounds the same. The DB wins with its hands-on experience.

You raise an interesting point here.

They recently sent me a new sound board as part of the product recall for the ones that are prone to regenerate.

I hadn't noticed any sign of mine deteriorating but like the clutch in a car, it turns out you don't notice until you put the new one in. What a difference!

Much more snap on the snare.

I think this is definitely a thing with the Drumbrutes. Ironically, like the 808, they don't all sound the same!
Old 9 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
The snare does not nicely melt noise with tone
I have the Impact and I i think i can say it for that too. I like its snare but I always set the snap control below 12 o clock, sometimes at 9, because I feel the noise is always too much prominent.
Old 8 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I have the Impact and I i think i can say it for that too. I like its snare but I always set the snap control below 12 o clock, sometimes at 9, because I feel the noise is always too much prominent.
get the DBi snare through a transient designer or hard comp and listen to it shine
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The impact snare sounds more natural/better, but the missing tune makes it a deal breaker for me. wtf. Arturia should come out with a Drumbrute 2 combining everything what they learned so far and make a drumcomputer on the next level, but please without modular.
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
The impact snare sounds more natural/better, but the missing tune makes it a deal breaker for me. wtf. Arturia should come out with a Drumbrute 2 combining everything what they learned so far and make a drumcomputer on the next level, but please without modular.
actually the color mode on the snare gives you a different (higher) tuning that i personally find more interesting than the standard one. But still, yes, it lacks a proper tune control.
Old 4 hours ago
Gear Nut
I'm glad it doesn't sound like an 808 or 909... I'm kind of tired of hearing those particular sounds.

I don't use the DB as much as I used to, but what I do like to do with it is use it for more down-tempo stuff where I add a touch of reverb. I find the claves, toms, and RS really sound nice in that context.
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

I’ve just recently sidestepped adding an Impact to setup and instead, supplemented my Drumbrute with a Korg Volca Drum.....it’s 6 voices of whatever crazy or not sounds you create via physical modeling synth engine, and it sounds great and has randomized functions....it marries very well with my OG Drumbrute.
📝 Reply