The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Deluge Sampler/Synth machine Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexo View Post
??
I was confused by that as well. I'm guessing he meant Ableton's Push.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The thing I'm enjoying the most on the Deluge over Elektron boxes is the fact I can bring up samples super quick. Elektron's file menus are too complex. The simplicity of the Deluge is so welcomed here. Not to mention I like the sequencing better on the Deluge, P-Locks and all.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
??
Circuit is a sampler not a synth engine

I will add people need to look at the Pioneer SP16, very under rated and highly over looked
Has DSI Prophet 6 filter, 8 mono out, 16 track sequencer for onboard or external, nice 7 inch LCD screen, most importantly ability to P lock midi or samples
Song mode, or arranger is excellent form what I have seen

I have spoken to Rhohan and he is an excellent guy as is his offsider (via email). I was looking at getting the Deluge but it just isn't for me, I do have a Pyramid and while it's a nice unit build and all, I hate the 2 inch screen. I have a BSP and this fails when you try to do something of a song, chaining can be a pita
It all points back to teh SP16 in work flow for me. I can sequence hardware while doing real time filtering and recording this onto the SP16 to use as a sample later
1ts and foremost I intend to use this as a drum machine, but it does have other potential

I will be picking mine up next month
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Have they made the Toraiz able to record polyphony via keyboard on midi tracks yet? I read this and it was some serious

Toraiz NO MIDI IN record – Pioneer DJ

I also think the Deluge isn't for me. But there is no right sequencer, only right sequencers! I'm fairly decided on the Polyend Seq. Just need to wait a bit longer...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by donato View Post
But there is no right sequencer, only right sequencers! I'm fairly decided on the Polyend Seq. Just need to wait a bit longer...
The Polyend Seq looks great. Seeing 32 steps at one time for all 8 tracks is great. But even still, it is more limited than the Deluge. The Deluge has basically an unlimited # of steps, not just 32 steps. Deluge also has tons of storage, more than 1000 songs. The Pioneer SP-12 also looks like a solid sampler/sequencer, but is also quite limited. The Deluge has tons of features to really twist samples and sound design in depth.

I agree though, it's always good to try as many sequencers you can so you know what clicks with you. I gotta say the Deluge is really clicking.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
The Polyend Seq looks great. Seeing 32 steps at one time for all 8 tracks is great. But even still, it is more limited than the Deluge. The Deluge has basically an unlimited # of steps, not just 32 steps. Deluge also has tons of storage, more than 1000 songs. The Pioneer SP-12 also looks like a solid sampler/sequencer, but is also quite limited. The Deluge has tons of features to really twist samples and sound design in depth.

I agree though, it's always good to try as many sequencers you can so you know what clicks with you. I gotta say the Deluge is really clicking.

Yeah, for sure the Deluge runs circles around the Seq in features. I'm attracted to the elegance of simplicity and for seeing 32 steps at once. I also have interest only in external sequencing rather than sampling and the internal synth of the Deluge.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
??
Should have read Digitakt !!!

The single waveform stuff you can do is nice though
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
I was confused by that as well. I'm guessing he meant Ableton's Push.
I do have a push 2 as well but as per my earlier admission - I'm an idiot - I meant Digitakt
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
My apologies - I meant Digitakt. Circuit has two synth engines by the way - based on the Nova range I believe and four drum parts which can use samples
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by donato View Post
Yeah, for sure the Deluge runs circles around the Seq in features. I'm attracted to the elegance of simplicity and for seeing 32 steps at once. I also have interest only in external sequencing rather than sampling and the internal synth of the Deluge.
The Deluge rocks really shines with external sequencing, even P-Locks. The 32 of Seq would be nice, but switching between the 16 steps of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ...7th, etc. is pretty quick and easy on Deluge. I'm completely satisfied with it's workflow. Imo, the Deluge is a bargain. But if I were to get more sequencers I would look at the Polyend because I like the workflow of seeing 8 tracks (or different notes). A single line of 16 steps (like on most x0x gear) is only marginally as fun.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Well nobody has had the good grace to talk me out of it.

Ordered and will now prepare for fanatical shipment status watching.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Nice, the workflow on the Deluge is great. The anticipation can be fun, sometimes overwhelming depending on how much you want a piece of gear , but I usually prepare by watching workflow videos or reading manuals. Gets me plenty excited.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice, the workflow on the Deluge is great. The anticipation can be fun, sometimes overwhelming depending on how much you want a piece of gear , but I usually prepare by watching workflow videos or reading manuals. Gets me plenty excited.
Sounds good What is your opinion on the synthesis features?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I will add people need to look at the Pioneer SP16, very under rated and highly over looked
Has DSI Prophet 6 filter, 8 mono out, 16 track sequencer for onboard or external, nice 7 inch LCD screen, most importantly ability to P lock midi or samples
Song mode, or arranger is excellent form what I have seen

I have spoken to Rhohan and he is an excellent guy as is his offsider (via email). I was looking at getting the Deluge but it just isn't for me, I do have a Pyramid and while it's a nice unit build and all, I hate the 2 inch screen. I have a BSP and this fails when you try to do something of a song, chaining can be a pita
It all points back to teh SP16 in work flow for me. I can sequence hardware while doing real time filtering and recording this onto the SP16 to use as a sample later
1ts and foremost I intend to use this as a drum machine, but it does have other potential

I will be picking mine up next month
MPC Live can do that and more I believe. Did u look into it?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am interested in that too. From the videos looks a bit weak and uninteresting. Maybe someone will do a proper video on that.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The synthesis features are quite nice for a sampler. Everything I could want is in there. As for the synth, it's also nice too in terms of features. You can do VA and FM with it. For more elaborate sounds, I'll still be going to my Pro 2, but to have this all in one box is great. Having the features printed on the front panel for shortcuts is key. Quick and easy access that way.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
let's hope they will add a bigger model... more midi, cv/gate etc
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
let's hope they will add a bigger model... more midi, cv/gate etc
Support your local Synthstrom and they most likely will, with a positive enough response to the Deluge.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
i organized a local Deluge presentation last year
and made some board noise about it

does this qualify?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The synthesis features are quite nice for a sampler. Everything I could want is in there. As for the synth, it's also nice too in terms of features. You can do VA and FM with it. For more elaborate sounds, I'll still be going to my Pro 2, but to have this all in one box is great. Having the features printed on the front panel for shortcuts is key. Quick and easy access that way.
Sounds good. I love all in one boxes, so I'm hoping to pick up one of these.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
i organized a local Deluge presentation last year
and made some board noise about it

does this qualify?
Extra synth points earned
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sounds good. I love all in one boxes, so I'm hoping to pick up one of these.
After spending a long weekend with the various synths/sequencers here, I decided that the best course of action for me is to sell/trade my Deluge for a second Spectralis 2.

I'm in the US and I'd prefer a trade first, but I might just sell the Deluge outright if I can't find a Spec 2 (I have run across Spectralis 1's here and overseas, but looking for a 2 for the extended sample RAM).
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
After spending a long weekend with the various synths/sequencers here, I decided that the best course of action for me is to sell/trade my Deluge for a second Spectralis 2.

I'm in the US and I'd prefer a trade first, but I might just sell the Deluge outright if I can't find a Spec 2 (I have run across Spectralis 1's here and overseas, but looking for a 2 for the extended sample RAM).
Wooohwa, that's quite the jump and super brave. I've had this reoccurring thought that the Spectralis workflow will destroy me But I'm kinda serious I love the products that Jörg Schaaf creates. I absolutely love the Polymorph. I think it's the best Quasimidi product. I also know there are lots of menu diving on it and have heard the Spectralis has even more of that spread out in various sections. I can say confidently that the Spectralis will sound better than a lot of other VAs or even modern hybrids out there. But that workflow. I hope you can get on with it.

Good for you, I hope you are able to tame that beast. I've wanted to and have almost bought one many many times, but in the end thought it was going to put a halt to learning other machines and creating music. So I haven't to this day. But being that I really like his work, I may one day feel like I have the time to invest to learn it and finally give in.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Hi everyone, Hope you all enjoyed your New Year celebrations. The deluge looks really interesting to me I’ve heard people say they like the workflow And also heard that the U I Is “intuitive “ I’ve also heard the deluge is easier than electron gear. How are you think it would be for a blind person to use? How complicated are the many structures? Doesn’t rely heavily on menu diving? Thanks very much guys your help with these questions would be great :-)
Old 3 days ago
All the intuitive things on the deluge are depending on lights and colours, someone who was colourblind (had problems with red and green) had to sell the deluge again because it was useless for him. Because on the grid everything changes from left to right, up and down, all marked by lighted buttons with different colours.
Sorry, but for a blind person it is nearly impossible.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobbo View Post
Well nobody has had the good grace to talk me out of it.

Ordered and will now prepare for fanatical shipment status watching.
Ordered Sunday evening, it's just been delivered!!

Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately with the amount of work I have at the moment), I won't be home until tomorrow evening
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan View Post
MPC Live can do that and more I believe. Did u look into it?
I did look into it and it cannot do more for my intended needs, doesn't have a DSI filter, doesn't have 8 out, doesn't have XOX sequencing, cannot nudge notes off the grid
Even though the SP16 seems to have somewhat less features (less menu diving for a start), sometimes less is more from a workflow perspective
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did look into it and it cannot do more for my intended needs, doesn't have a DSI filter, doesn't have 8 out, doesn't have XOX sequencing, cannot nudge notes off the grid
Even though the SP16 seems to have somewhat less features (less menu diving for a start), sometimes less is more from a workflow perspective
It s filters are pretty good, it can do XOX seq and it can nudge notes forward, backward or up and down. U got 6 outs.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=ACID BATTLE;13076962]All the intuitive things on the deluge are depending on lights and colours, someone who was colourblind (had problems with red and green) had to sell the deluge again because it was useless for him. Because on the grid everything changes from left to right, up and down, all marked by lighted buttons with different colours.
Sorry, but for a blind person it is nearly impossible.[/QUOTE thanks bro that’s very helpful I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case :(
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan View Post
It s filters are pretty good, it can do XOX seq and it can nudge notes forward, backward or up and down. U got 6 outs.
What planet are you from? show me how it can do XOX sequencing with out the actual XOX buttons? do you even know what XOX means? Piano roll is different
Doesn't have DSI filters, and the 6 out isn't 8 out, care to show me the nudge notes please? If you're talking Piano roll, well a 7 inch screen and this seems kinda clunkie until you actually used the SP16 method
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search