The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Top Twenty Greatest Synths IPTV Show
Old 14th February 2007
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Top Twenty Greatest Synths IPTV Show

<div align="center"><embed src="http://www.sonicstate.com/top20/flvplayer.swf" width="400" height="320" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="file=http://www.sonicstate.com/top20/out_playlist.xml&repeat=list&showfsbutton=false&linkfromdisplay=true" /></div>
<a href="http://www.sonicstate.com/top20/">Top Twenty Synths IPTV Show</a>

A new IPTV series from Sonicstate.com
Old 14th February 2007
  #2
Lives for gear
 
dlmorley's Avatar
excellent!
Old 14th February 2007
  #3
Gear Head
 

Old 14th February 2007
  #4
Lives for gear
 
rids's Avatar
 

Can't wait to see the others. That's awesome they're doing this. Watch prices go up now.
Old 14th February 2007
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Ruudman's Avatar
 



ruudman
Old 18th February 2007
  #6
I enjoyed it, although I only got audio for some reason (no picture).
It's a great idea though.

Anyone care to speculate what else is going to be on the list?
Here would be mine, in no particular order and with no emphasis on personal opinion, just what I think is 'classic'.

1) Arp Solina
2) Arp 2600
3) Arp Odyssey
4) Moog Modular
5) Moog Minimoog
6) Roland TB303
7) Roland Juno 106
8) Roland 100M Modular
9) Roland SH101
10) Roland JD800
11) PPG Wave
12) Oberheim 4 Voice
13) Sci Prophet Five
14) EMS VCS3 (Putney)
15) EMS Synthi AKS
16) OSC Oscar
17) Buchla 200 Modular
18) Synton Syrinx
19) Yamaha CS80
20) Steiner Parker Synthacon
I've probably left out a few obvious contenders.
I've intentionally left off Roland 700 Series, Serge and Polyfusion modulars, as they are arguably not 'classic'.
Old 18th February 2007
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Top 20 Greatest Synths

Chrisso!
Thanks for your Top 20 list. Without giving anything away I can tell you that quite a few of the synths on your list will be featured in the show. So keep watching and thanks again!

Simon Power
(Producer Top 20 Greatest Synths)
Old 18th February 2007
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Ruudman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
I enjoyed it, although I only got audio for some reason (no picture).
It's a great idea though.

Anyone care to speculate what else is going to be on the list?
Here would be mine, in no particular order and with no emphasis on personal opinion, just what I think is 'classic'.

1) Arp Solina
2) Arp 2600
3) Arp Odyssey
4) Moog Modular
5) Moog Minimoog
6) Roland TB303
7) Roland Juno 106
8) Roland 100M Modular
9) Roland SH101
10) Roland JD800
11) PPG Wave
12) Oberheim 4 Voice
13) Sci Prophet Five
14) EMS VCS3 (Putney)
15) EMS Synthi AKS
16) OSC Oscar
17) Buchla 200 Modular
18) Synton Syrinx
19) Yamaha CS80
20) Steiner Parker Synthacon
I've probably left out a few obvious contenders.
I've intentionally left off Roland 700 Series, Serge and Polyfusion modulars, as they are arguably not 'classic'.
I'd switch the JD800 for a Matrix12.
But it's a good list thumbsup


ruudman
Old 18th February 2007
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Cojo's Avatar
 

Great! Can't wait to see the next episode!
Old 18th February 2007
  #10
whereare the Dave Smith synth????
Are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18th February 2007
  #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
whereare the Dave Smith synth????
Are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great doesn't = classic.

I think he had a hand in the Sci Pro V.
Old 19th February 2007
  #12
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Great doesn't = classic.

I think he had a hand in the Sci Pro V.
heh
Old 19th February 2007
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Cojo's Avatar
 

chrisso

You have a lot of classics on that list and I don't want to dissapoint you but I think the DX7 has to be on it, even if we like it or not, it's a classic!
Old 19th February 2007
  #14
Lives for gear
 
dlmorley's Avatar
I love the DX7.... great machine. Sits in a mix like nothing else. TX816 is a monster.
Old 19th February 2007
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Cojo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
I love the DX7.... great machine. Sits in a mix like nothing else. TX816 is a monster.
Yeah, the whole DX/TX series has some classic sound to them! thumbsup
Old 19th February 2007
  #16
Lives for gear
 
dlmorley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojo View Post
Yeah, the whole DX/TX series has some classic sound to them! thumbsup
And yesterday I picked up a TG77 with pop and rock cards for €100 locally. Absurd. I like the purity of the standard DX7 but the TG-77 certainly makes some nice noises...

FM dfegad on Virtual stuff
Old 19th February 2007
  #17
DX7 yeah.
I guess it comes down to what you consider classic.
I biased my list more towards the analogue side of things.
But the D50 and Wavestation both have iconic status.
Old 26th February 2007
  #18
Lives for gear
 
sleepwalker's Avatar
 

Just found a TX816 with 6 cards for $200. Hopefully I'm picking it up today. Looks like the extra modules are only $50 or so on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
I love the DX7.... great machine. Sits in a mix like nothing else. TX816 is a monster.
Old 26th February 2007
  #19
Lives for gear
 

I'd have to add the Jupiter 8 and either an Oberheim OB-Xa or Matrix 12 to the above list.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump