The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audiothingies Micromonsta
Old 6th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrosamplist View Post
I've found speeds are more important than curves.
If you like curve shaping, then use the modulation matrix to shape it.
Oh if that's a possibility in MM2 (to shape the env curves by recursively modulating an envelope stage, like on Virus) then fine!
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Oh if that's a possibility in MM2 (to shape the env curves by recursively modulating an envelope stage, like on Virus) then fine!
You can do it in V1 too.
Old 6th October 2020
Lives for gear

@ elektrosamplist just out of curiosity, how many first version MicroMonstas were sold in total?
I remember according to the serial numbers it should be just over 1000, or was it more?
Gear Guru

Quote:
You can do it in V1 too.
Never even tried it because there's a dedicated parameter for env shape, haha.
Gear Nut
Quote:
You can do it in V1 too.
Mind blown. So, in v1, do you just use the scaler to have the env scaled by itself?

Also, I do like the approach you're taking in making the v2 its own thing, rather than tying your hands by making sure it matches everything the v1 does. I'm sure the v2 will make a lot of people (myself included) very happy, but we just have to manage our expectations and not expect a v1 with benefits.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaicH View Post
Mind blown. So, in v1, do you just use the scaler to have the env scaled by itself?

Also, I do like the approach you're taking in making the v2 its own thing, rather than tying your hands by making sure it matches everything the v1 does. I'm sure the v2 will make a lot of people (myself included) very happy, but we just have to manage our expectations and not expect a v1 with benefits.
Modulate an envelope segment by the envelope itself (in the mod matrix).

I really had no choice but to rethink the whole synth.
Say you're used to a cocktail recipe, but want to add another ingredient to the mix, chances are that it will be way better if the whole recipe is changed to accommodate for the new ingredient, instead of just filling the glass with it.
Old 13th October 2020
Gear Head
Knowing that the v2 is a different synth than the v1 (and the v1 is discontinued), should I be snagging any V1 that I come across for Polychain fun and the impending resale value? *grin*
Old 13th October 2020
Lives for gear

I got anothet one when their discontinuation was announced for polychaining... not selling! B)
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Is there anyone who has had this particular problem uploading wavetables into the Micromonsta?

I've got the newest version of the wavetable tool from the Audiothingies site. 0.1.4
https://www.audiothingies.com/dl/?di...onsta/software

I'm using OSX 10.13.6 and had no problem installing the program, it just required unzipping and copied it to the applications folder, and it runs/opens fine.

However when I tried to upload one of the three sample wavetables they provide with the software I got an error. "Exception error". The MM was in the proper mode, and was the only midi device plugged into the USB of my computer.

Has anyone seen this, and figured out a fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Audiothingies Micromonsta-screen-shot-2020-10-26-8.57.37-pm.png  

Last edited by Scott Righteous; 4 weeks ago at 02:04 AM.. Reason: add attachment
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

My little finger - and french forum - just told me the MM2 will appear pretty soon...

Can we expect one of these days a MM2 XT, like the Shruthi, with more knobs, even if there would only one line of knobs for enveloppes lfos - maybe this should be too expensive, I have no idea, just asking.

Well, more a wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercole View Post
Can we expect one of these days a MM2 XT, like the Shruthi, with more knobs, even if there would only one line of knobs for enveloppes lfos - maybe this should be too expensive, I have no idea, just asking.

Well, more a wish...
Well, there is a Stereoping controller for the original MicroMonsta (on the Stereoping website under "editions"); maybe Gregor will do another one for the MM2...

Cheers,
Bert
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinstrom View Post
Well, there is a Stereoping controller for the original MicroMonsta (on the Stereoping website under "editions"); maybe Gregor will do another one for the MM2...

Cheers,
Bert
I didn't knew... Thx for the tip Burt !!!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Righteous View Post
Is there anyone who has had this particular problem uploading wavetables into the Micromonsta?

I've got the newest version of the wavetable tool from the Audiothingies site. 0.1.4
https://www.audiothingies.com/dl/?di...onsta/software

I'm using OSX 10.13.6 and had no problem installing the program, it just required unzipping and copied it to the applications folder, and it runs/opens fine.

However when I tried to upload one of the three sample wavetables they provide with the software I got an error. "Exception error". The MM was in the proper mode, and was the only midi device plugged into the USB of my computer.

Has anyone seen this, and figured out a fix?
Sorry a bit late to reply here but as i recall i tried using an older version of Helper Tool which worked for me. Not sure i had the same error as you but maybe an older version could be a fix.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head
I am sure that this has been mentioned before, but how large/long can the wavetables be on the Micromonsta? Is there a storage limitation?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

33 frames with 256 samples per frame I think. 15 user wavetables total.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Does anyone know of a good source of 3rd party patches for the Micromonsta - free or paid, I don't mind. I bought it on impulse after hearing some guys doing ambient with it on Youtube, but the factory presets don't do much for me, and I don't have time to do much programming myself.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjay View Post
Does anyone know of a good source of 3rd party patches for the Micromonsta - free or paid, I don't mind. I bought it on impulse after hearing some guys doing ambient with it on Youtube, but the factory presets don't do much for me, and I don't have time to do much programming myself.
Most of my Micromonsta ambient presets are based on my own wavetables and they are spread over 4 Micromonstas, yep i got 4. So sharing presets is no easy task. However i can put up a simple ambient patch which is quickly done using Sine waves only.

Just start with an InitPgm and then do the following:

OSC 1 sin +12 0 24 +31 100
OSC 2 sin +7 0 0 0 100
Sub sin -1 70 0 0

FLTR LP4 80 0 0 0 50

ENV1 fst 0 90 127 64 on
ENV2 fst 0 40 0 25 on

LFO1 tri 4/1 0 0 0 off
LFO2 rnd 1/4 0 0 0 on
LFO3 tri 68 0 0 0 on

Matrix lfo1->fin +16 lfo2->o$2 + 32

FX mod 94 +36 63 63 90