The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Official Social Entropy Engine User Thread
Old 5th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00se View Post
You can change the fixed velocities of drum patterns in track utility mode if you want accented velocity to be 100. If you want to get fancy you can use a control track as a modulator for the other pattern’s velocity offset to give a ramp using steps or an lfo.
I haven't looked into how to use the control tracks yet.. its more complex..

I understand the concept and process of setting the fixed velocities of the Drum, Synth 1 and Synth 2 type.

My drum track for the DRM1 seemed to work ok.. I have it all configured where I want it now.

However, I was experimenting with my SH-32 on a track and I first set it to Synth 1 where you are to get full resolution for velocities. I turned it all the way down the 0 and no sound plays as you would expect. When I turn it to velocity of 1 it plays but at the same loudness as max velocity of 127. So switching it from 0 to 1 is like same as on and off. Selecting the trigger and accenting it does nothing.

I have a XoX box and I seemed to have it working with the Fixed velocities

I'll keep experimenting
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumbass View Post
However, I was experimenting with my SH-32 on a track and I first set it to Synth 1 where you are to get full resolution for velocities. I turned it all the way down the 0 and no sound plays as you would expect. When I turn it to velocity of 1 it plays but at the same loudness as max velocity of 127. So switching it from 0 to 1 is like same as on and off. Selecting the trigger and accenting it does nothing.
I assume SH-32 patches have a velocity sensitivity setting, which may cause it to ignore incoming velocity.
Old 31st October 2019
Here for the gear

Drum Learn fuxored

I had my DRM1 MK3 hooked up to the Engine for a while now. Had everything working assigned my drum sounds to trigger on the Engine. It was great! I don't know what happened but all of a sudden now when you trigger the sound on several of the sounds like 3 or 4 instruments light up.. Its like they are all reading off the same signal. It seems like the Hats keep connecting to all three drums signals. When I try to go to drum learn mode usually you can select a number for the sound but when I do this with knob 1 the numbers on the display are like shifting all over the place like its trying to display multiple numbers at once. I got fed up and left it for now. So strange. No idea* zfdcgk *bangs his head on the keys
Old 9th November 2019
Here for the gear

Hi all hopefully someone will see this... the thread has been dead for a while, but anyway i'm an engine owner & need a replacement step button?? any one have any idea of the part no or can someone point me in the right direction ??
any advice appreciated
dean
Old 9th November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanybee View Post
Hi all hopefully someone will see this... the thread has been dead for a while, but anyway i'm an engine owner & need a replacement step button?? any one have any idea of the part no or can someone point me in the right direction ??
any advice appreciated
dean
I contacted SE for a replacement rotary pot through the SE webpage. John was very helpful...worth trying for step buttons...
Old 9th November 2019
Lives for gear

John sent me replacement buttons when I had one
Old 9th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumbass View Post
I had my DRM1 MK3 hooked up to the Engine for a while now. Had everything working assigned my drum sounds to trigger on the Engine. It was great! I don't know what happened but all of a sudden now when you trigger the sound on several of the sounds like 3 or 4 instruments light up.. Its like they are all reading off the same signal. It seems like the Hats keep connecting to all three drums signals. When I try to go to drum learn mode usually you can select a number for the sound but when I do this with knob 1 the numbers on the display are like shifting all over the place like its trying to display multiple numbers at once. I got fed up and left it for now. So strange. No idea* zfdcgk *bangs his head on the keys
If you are playing MIDI into the machine and go into Learn mode, it will be switching the note assignment with every note...
Old 9th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanybee View Post
any advice appreciated
dean
Search for PB86 on eBay, that should point you in the right direction.
Old 4th December 2019
Gear Nut

for anyone who's interested I made an abridged version of the manual which pretty much has everything from the first 200 pages (does not include global functions).

It took me a long time but it was worth it as I suck at manuals and it helped me understand and now it's much quicker to find what I'm looking for..

Hope someone finds it useful

bit.ly/engine_abridged
Old 4th December 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks!
Still using mine. I have the cheat sheets laminated and close by but having the manual around really is the best bet.
Old 22nd December 2019
Gear Nut

Updated version of the manual which fixes a couple of errors on the first page.

bit.ly/miniengine

It also has source files in case anyone ever wants to make their own personalised, even shorter version or whatever.

If there are any future updates they will be available at this link, so save that link because I probably won't be announcing any more updates on here or anywhere else, it'll either be updated on this link or it won't be updated at all.

If you have a problem downloading the individual files, try pressing the download all on the left.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Head

I have one red Engine with CV card available on Reverb:
https://reverb.com/item/32652814-soc...e-with-cv-card
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Hi everyone, I'm looking to but an Engine. If anyone has one to sell or considering, please let me know.

Best regards
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMBN View Post
Hi everyone, I'm looking to but an Engine. If anyone has one to sell or considering, please let me know.

Best regards
Apart from the usual sites...eBay and Reverb.

I see quite a few on Audiofanzine.fr and theres a Facebook group (maybe check back in the thread for the name, I dont do FB) that might get you a result too.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search