The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland edirol UA-1000 Driver for Windows 10?
Old 16th May 2016
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Roland edirol UA-1000 Driver for Windows 10?

Im in a need of an audio interface. And a friend offered me to buy his Roland edirol UA-1000. When I'm looking up drivers the only thing I can find is for windows 7, vista and Xp.
I run windows 10. I found a video that "converts" the driver from windows 8 to 10. But it didn't look legit.

Roland official support:
UA-1000 :: Downloads :: Support :: Roland

Do they even make updates for that unit anymore? What should I do?

Thanks for your time.
Old 16th May 2016
  #2
Gear Nut
 
3DPIPES's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyUldsok View Post
Im in a need of an audio interface. And a friend offered me to buy his Roland edirol UA-1000. When I'm looking up drivers the only thing I can find is for windows 7, vista and Xp.
I run windows 10. I found a video that "converts" the driver from windows 8 to 10. But it didn't look legit.

Roland official support:
UA-1000 :: Downloads :: Support :: Roland

Do they even make updates for that unit anymore? What should I do?

Thanks for your time.
I don't believe the drivers are being updated for the UA-1000 anymore. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way last year when I purchased a new computer with W8.1. Now using a Focusrite A/D converter.
Old 16th May 2016
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPIPES View Post
I don't believe the drivers are being updated for the UA-1000 anymore. Unfortunately, I found this out the hard way last year when I purchased a new computer with W8.1. Now using a Focusrite A/D converter.
So in conclusion.. I should get another audio interface?
Old 16th May 2016
  #4
Gear Nut
 
3DPIPES's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyUldsok View Post
So in conclusion.. I should get another audio interface?
Well....that is the conclusion that I came to as I could not locate updated drivers and did not have the option to use W7 or earlier.
Old 16th May 2016
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPIPES View Post
Well....that is the conclusion that I came to as I could not locate updated drivers and did not have the option to use W7 or earlier.
Would it be worth it to downgrade to 7? If I have that option.
Old 17th May 2016
  #6
Gear Nut
 
3DPIPES's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyUldsok View Post
Would it be worth it to downgrade to 7? If I have that option.
How much will you be purchasing the UA-1000 for? There are a lot of affordable and comparable A/D converters on the market. How much you are spending would dictate whether it is worth the trouble of migrating back to W7. If you do decide to migrate back to W7, definitely back up your data. I have have heard of people losing documents/data when uninstalling the W10 upgrade and reverting back to W7. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 17th May 2016
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPIPES View Post
How much will you be purchasing the UA-1000 for? There are a lot of affordable and comparable A/D converters on the market. How much you are spending would dictate whether it is worth the trouble of migrating back to W7. If you do decide to migrate back to W7, definitely back up your data. I have have heard of people losing documents/data when uninstalling the W10 upgrade and reverting back to W7. Better to be safe than sorry.
I would be spending around 75$ on the ua-1000. And while that's a nice price. I'm thinking about at some point I have to change PC, and at that point I would need to get a new audio interface also, because new machines comes with newer versions of windows and all that jazz.
Old 7th July 2016
  #8
Here for the gear
 

The UA-1000 works perfectly under Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

You just have to install WIndows Vista drivers.

Here's how to proceed under Windows 10 :
  • Download the Windows Vista 64 bit drivers.
  • Unpack the archive into a folder.
  • Connect the UA-1000 to the computer and turn the power on.
  • Right click on the start menu => Device Manager
  • The UA-1000 appears in the "Sound, video and game controllers" with a yellow triangle.
  • Right click on EDIROL UA-1000 => Properties => Update Driver.
  • Select "Browse my computer for driver ".
  • Point to the folder containing the drivers => Next.

The drivers install and the UA-1000 is operational !
Old 8th July 2016
  #9
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricken View Post
The UA-1000 works perfectly under Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

You just have to install WIndows Vista drivers.

Here's how to proceed under Windows 10 :
  • Download the Windows Vista 64 bit drivers.
  • Unpack the archive into a folder.
  • Connect the UA-1000 to the computer and turn the power on.
  • Right click on the start menu => Device Manager
  • The UA-1000 appears in the "Sound, video and game controllers" with a yellow triangle.
  • Right click on EDIROL UA-1000 => Properties => Update Driver.
  • Select "Browse my computer for driver ".
  • Point to the folder containing the drivers => Next.

The drivers install and the UA-1000 is operational !
Thanks alot, I was about to buy another sound card. Have you done this yourself? Do I need anything special? Like a specific recorder program? Or can I just use whatever? (Say studio one 3)
Old 12th July 2016
  #10
Here for the gear
 

Hi, I think that will work with any program using ASIO drivers. Personally I use the UA-1000 with cubase 8 on Windows 10 without any problems.
Old 8th August 2016
  #11
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricken View Post
Hi, I think that will work with any program using ASIO drivers. Personally I use the UA-1000 with cubase 8 on Windows 10 without any problems.
Rick thanks for all of this, can you give the link for that particular driver Windows Vista? Are these just the sound audio drivers?
Old 8th August 2016
  #12
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricken View Post
Hi, I think that will work with any program using ASIO drivers. Personally I use the UA-1000 with cubase 8 on Windows 10 without any problems.
Just to clarify, my situation is similar. I just got my Cubase 8.5 all up and going but now my Edirol UA-1000 is not loading its drivers correctly through the old 2003 CD installation disc. Then I tried also going to Edirol and downloaded an up date I found but that did not work either. Can you try to -reexplain in a little more detail what I should do to proceed?
Old 9th August 2016
  #13
Here for the gear
 

Hi,

Go to the following adress

https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...dates_drivers/

Download UA-1000 Driver Version 1.0.0 for Windows Vista 64-bit Edition.

Unpack into a folder than update drivers in "Device manager" (see the link below)

Capturedcran2 - HostingPics.net - H

You may also try to use Asio4all driver that works fine for me.
Old 14th June 2018
  #14
Here for the gear
 

I realize this is an older thread but thought this info might be useful to those out there who are still using, or trying to use, the UA-1000 with Windows 10...

Although the above method initially worked for me (using the Vista 64 bit drivers and manually installing them through the device manager) it did not allow access to the UA-1000's control panel in a standalone mode - I was only able to access it within Cubase by setting it as my audio device. As I wanted to specifically use the UA-1000 as a mixer, patchbay, and A/D converter while simultaneously using a different device as my audio interface within Cubase, it presented a problem.

In retrospect I'm not sure the first step I took is completely necessary and you may be able to skip it but this sequence worked and also allowed me to run the Roland Windows 7 64 bit driver (credit for this step goes to Fyba, you will need to read his tutorial here: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated] | Cakewalk Forums). The difference in this case is that within the inf file you instead want to replace '6.1' (not 6.2) with '10'. Once that file is edited and saved, use the same installation method as described above in this thread for the Vista drivers.

The final and likely most important step is to go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\RDCP1034.CPL and right click on the file, then go to Properties. Within this window under the 'General' settings you should see a box at the bottom with a toggle that says 'Unblock' - toggle it on and accept the warning. To make life easier I would suggest to then create a shortcut to access this file. Assuming your UA-1000 is connected via USB, clicking on this shortcut should now instantly open up the UA-1000's control panel and enable you to edit its functions as a standalone device.
Old 14th June 2018
  #15
Lives for gear
 
AdmiralQuality's Avatar
 

Thank you!!! Will try this!
Old 14th June 2018
  #16
Lives for gear
 
AdmiralQuality's Avatar
 

Whoohoo! (Major Edit: found a better method.)





Other than that, I followed the instructions in this YouTube video..

...and used the version 1.0.0 Windows 7 64-bit driver from here: Roland - Support - UA-1000 - Updates & Drivers

One more step that's not in that video is required: Before running Setup.exe, you have to right-click it and select Troubleshoot Compatibility... tell it it ran in an earlier version of Windows and set it to run as Windows 7. Then select Test and it will install as normal. (Watch out if it has to do an uninstall first, as it will reboot and then you won't be in driver signing disabled mode anymore, so you'll have to follow the first step again and do another reboot before launching Setup.exe in Compatibility Mode.)

Last edited by AdmiralQuality; 14th June 2018 at 11:30 PM..
Old 28th February 2020
  #17
Gear Maniac
 

A few months back I updated the software and memory in my PC which originally had Win XP. I first had to go with Win 7 and then Win 10.

I tried the procedure below and while it does work it does not work correctly.

Strange....but playback is both distorted and slow and the only driver I could get to work was MME.

I'm going to try other drivers.

Anyone come across the same thing?

Thanks!






Quote:
Originally Posted by ricken View Post
The UA-1000 works perfectly under Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

You just have to install WIndows Vista drivers.

Here's how to proceed under Windows 10 :
  • Download the Windows Vista 64 bit drivers.
  • Unpack the archive into a folder.
  • Connect the UA-1000 to the computer and turn the power on.
  • Right click on the start menu => Device Manager
  • The UA-1000 appears in the "Sound, video and game controllers" with a yellow triangle.
  • Right click on EDIROL UA-1000 => Properties => Update Driver.
  • Select "Browse my computer for driver ".
  • Point to the folder containing the drivers => Next.

The drivers install and the UA-1000 is operational !
Old 28th February 2020
  #18
Lives for gear
 
AdmiralQuality's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorquin View Post
A few months back I updated the software and memory in my PC which originally had Win XP. I first had to go with Win 7 and then Win 10.

I tried the procedure below and while it does work it does not work correctly.

Strange....but playback is both distorted and slow and the only driver I could get to work was MME.

I'm going to try other drivers.

Anyone come across the same thing?

Thanks!
I got it to work, see my post immediately above.
Old 29th February 2020
  #19
Gear Maniac
 

I'm still having some issues but....

Can anyone confirm that the UA1000 48V+ is actually 48V's?

Mine was acting up, I can't seem to find a schematic on line but doing some checks I find no 48V but rather less than 17V's.

If someone would be so kind to check on that I would really appreciate it.
Then I can hunt down the issue.

Thanks...
Old 29th February 2020
  #20
I used a UA-1000 for years. Loved it. Never felt like I was bending to its workflow. As I have gotten more complicated I/O I feel like it’s the other way around. Could also just be I’m getting old.
Old 29th February 2020
  #21
Lives for gear
 
AdmiralQuality's Avatar
 

I've always been immensely satisfied with mine.
Old 29th February 2020
  #22
Gear Maniac
 

I upgraded my software from Windows XP so I could add more memory and had to use Win 7 before I could load Win 10.

When I did load Vista 64 it made noise and played slow. I left the unit on all night and it had other issues but I'm not certain if the 48V+ is supposed to be 48V or if it's really less than 17V and they're just saying it's 48V+???
Old 2nd March 2020
  #23
Gear Maniac
 

OK, it now works fine.

When I deleted the drivers and finally installed new drivers and got it to work I had the same results......slow and distorted on Sample Tunes.

Silly me....I didn't think to increase the Playback Buffers in Cakewalk/Bandlab!

It was on 4 buffers which was NG, 6 buffers worked better but sometimes distorted, 8 buffers seems to work fine and the "Effective Latency" at 24 bit/ 96Khz is 70.0 msec.

Any suggestions for optimal settings?
Old 2nd March 2020
  #24
Lives for gear
 
AdmiralQuality's Avatar
 

It should be more like 3 ms. Which driver are you using?
Old 2nd March 2020
  #25
Gear Maniac
 

I'm using Vista 64 and MME setting.
Old 2nd March 2020
  #26
Lives for gear
 
AdmiralQuality's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorquin View Post
I'm using Vista 64 and MME setting.
Yeah, don't use MME drivers. WDM or WASAPI or ASIO. (I forget offhand which of these Cakewalk supports but it'll be at least a few of them.)

Run the Edirol UA-1000 Control Panel to set the ASIO buffer as small as you can without hearing dropouts in the audio.
Old 2nd March 2020
  #27
Gear Maniac
 

I'll have to try that again. All of the others except the MME wouldn't work but that was before I increased the buffer size, if that makes a difference.
Old 2nd March 2020
  #28
Gear Maniac
 

OK, I finally manipulated this software to where it works.

The ASIO worked but didn't have the SPDIF output.

I got it to function properly with the WDM with both audio and SPDIF outputs from the UA1000 with an effective latency of 2msec.

I had to click both ASIO' in the Control Panel.

I took pics of the setup just in case my system ever crashes and who knows what happens.

Thanks for the help !!
Old 2nd March 2020
  #29
Lives for gear
 
AdmiralQuality's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorquin View Post
OK, I finally manipulated this software to where it works.

The ASIO worked but didn't have the SPDIF output.
That should be channels 9 and 10. You have to make sure something is routed to them before there'll be any output on the optical SPDIF connector.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump