Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear

sounds like faulty something. send them audio+images, see what
they say..they should really take on cost of return and send you
a return slip to print out so it costs you nothing if it's still under
warranty.
Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear

Thank for the suggestions. One thing that bugs me is the Cyclone employee’s surprise at this issue. Can there be only one or two faulty units? Am I really the first person to contact them about this?
Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear

BTW, I take it that there’s no such thing as a factory reset function for the 606?
Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear

Here's what's going on:

Old 10th November 2017
Deleted User
the clap on my TT-606 works just fine, no loss in volume.
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

Well, no word from the company rep since I made this video, no replies to my follow-up email. I guess that I will now try to sell this broken baby, and start to completely ignore Cyclone and it’s products from now on. DSI, Dreadbox, Moog, and others are so much better at helping users.
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

presuming you sent them a link to your vid ?
if you got it new, isn't it under warranty?
(or you didn't.. )
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

I bought it second-hand. It’s in great shape, as shown on video. When I contacted the company, I simply asked if this was a complicated/expensive fix. I figured they must have heard of this issue, as someone else here posted about their low clap.

No reply, even after making a video, giving the serial number. I guess I’ll have to bring it to my to my tech. Good lesson on testing before buying, though the seller seemed very legit, suggested I reach out of there were any problems. Needless to say, he’s not really taking responsibility, so here I sit.
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

Good news: I heard from the company and their tech is going to look at the issue/video.
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

there you go, ...
any side bets on what it can be? dodgy pot? dodgy vca component?
problem is, 70 whatever per hour to fix it is going to be a bit of a
dampener if you're not the original warranty holder, and it's smd.

cyclone do respond, but not for any old enquiry. i got a reply from
them once, but not a second time once it was established i wasn't
a 1st hand customer.

(i think i've blown the audio in on my tt303)
Old 17th November 2017
Here for the gear

Hey Guys,

I just got a tt-606 from Juno. Super fast shipping btw even to california. Opened the box immediately and started playing with it but ran into an issue.

I think I might have a defective device or it's stuck in some sort of demo mode. The device keeps playing the same pattern over and over and the only controls that work are the volume knobs for the instruments. The tap button is lit in green and none of the buttons seem to have any effect. I tried changing the mode and changing pages to see the pattern that is playing but I can't seem to get it to do anything. The step buttons don't light up and don't have any effect on the sequence playing.

I contacted Juno and Cyclone Analogic, and just waiting for a reply now. Anyone else have this issue or know what's going on? I went through the manual and it seems like my drum drone is DOA... So sad...
Old 17th November 2017
Here for the gear

I bought one of these secondhand, with the box, case, etc, but it came with a manual for the TT-303 v2 for some reason. I sent Cyclone an email about a full PDF manual, but mentioned that I bought secondhand, so who knows if I'll hear back from them. I did find the partial PDF manual with odd formatting, though: https://www.docdroid.net/0widCgR/dru...ser-manual.pdf

Anybody happen to have a full PDF of the final manual? Or do you mind snapping photos of the MIDI implementation chart? The manual that's out there seems to cut off in the middle of the section on MIDI.
Old 26th March 2018
Im having a problem with my tt606 not responding to midi clock. Generally I havent had any problems with it, but may have f’d a setting somewhere. Im sequencing from modstep->iconnectmidi->tt606, with midi channels set correctly. Other gear is responding to clock & midi. Manual offers nothing.
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

Unfortunately I found the snare to be lame compared to the TR-606.
Old 26th March 2018
I figured it out. It was Modstep, you have to manually turn on clock & midi sometimes.

Re: snare. I like the snare, even better if you can route to its own channel to eq/effects.
Old 11th April 2018
Lives for gear

Somebody tell me I'm going mad, the clap volume cannot be adjusted differently in relation to the rimshot?
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Somebody tell me I'm going mad, the clap volume cannot be adjusted differently in relation to the rimshot?
That isn't one I've noticed and I use the rimshot a fair bit. I'll have a play tomorrow and report back.
Old 12th April 2018
Quote:
No u can t ; but still u can use the 7 outs to a mixer and roll each gains and volumes ( on the mixer that is )

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORDICUS View Post
No u can t ; but still u can use the 7 outs to a mixer and roll each gains and volumes ( on the mixer that is )

PEACE

MORDICUS
thx that's what i thought, same for toms and hats :-(

brilliant little machine though, lovin it apart from the above - real shame they didn't implement func+vol but hey
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by and you know View Post
That isn't one I've noticed and I use the rimshot a fair bit. I'll have a play tomorrow and report back.
as above mate
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
thx that's what i thought, same for toms and hats :-(

brilliant little machine though, lovin it apart from the above - real shame they didn't implement func+vol but hey
ugh? toms and hihats share same volume control?!
oh doh i see what you mean: like on the old one, toms share knob and hihats share knob.

but does it not receive loads of midiCC ? that sounds interesting.

Last edited by whatever17; 12th April 2018 at 08:56 AM..
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmonkey View Post
ugh? toms and hihats share same volume control?!
oh doh i see what you mean: like on the old one, toms share knob and hihats share knob.

but does it not receive loads of midiCC ? that sounds interesting.
yes they share a knob each sorry, yeah they respond well to CC so this is no killer but just wonder why they didn't func+vol seeing as func+xxx works without issue on other features.

i have emailed and asked for the possibility in the future, always worth asking
Old 12th April 2018
Lives for gear

what about Kick and Snare tone? does it sound like a TR?
the 1 vid i could find that A/Bs them doesn't do the TT any
favours.

also medium-convinced by this story about the outputs
providing 'trig': sure, a high audio pulse can produce a
trigger but is it the same thing? or is there something in
firmware? (or can they just trigger like that without
harming anything, and if so why did roland put trig outs
on things?)
Old 30th January 2019
Gear Head

I am wondering why it is no longer for sale from the big online retailers in the EU.
Is it just temporary or could a mk2 be on the way?
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitshcykaa View Post
I am wondering why it is no longer for sale from the big online retailers in the EU.
Is it just temporary or could a mk2 be on the way?
just buy direct if you want one as they still have them in their shop

maybe it is a stock thing, maybe they are packing up, maybe maybe maybe

tt78 is looking quite scarce too.......oh i hope they aren't giving up

the 606 is a great little machine so if you are on the fence grab one, a mk2 would have to be pretty special and especially now as the climate has changed a lot since the mk1 came out, lot more competition in the price bracket
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooeykabloui View Post
I think I might have a defective device or it's stuck in some sort of demo mode. The device keeps playing the same pattern over and over and the only controls that work are the volume knobs for the instruments. The tap button is lit in green and none of the buttons seem to have any effect. I tried changing the mode and changing pages to see the pattern that is playing but I can't seem to get it to do anything. The step buttons don't light up and don't have any effect on the sequence playing.
https://youtu.be/hKpfJgSM2qI

Having the same type of issue. I sent mine back to perfect circuit audio and they're currently having a tech work on it. They just recently called and said it was a demo mode and the tech was able to disable it. I told them I want detailed instructions on how to get out of this so-called "demo mode" if it does arise again. Anybody else ran into this issue? It happened at random while I was jamming.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search