The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Max4Live Arp arpeggiator
Old 12th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Max4Live Arp arpeggiator

I love a well designed arpeggiator.

I use the Omniphere 2 arp all the time, it is one of the best I have come across in terms of usability.

I have been using Cuthulhu in Ableton for a while for other soft synths, and it is powerful, but I don't get along with the UI. I find it a bit fiddly. (I know it has a separate and powerful "chorder" function, but I am just talking about arpeggiation here).

I have been on the lookout for a well designed VST arp for a while, and just discovered I have Arp sitting on my system.

I have only had a quick go of it so far, but LOVE the clean interface and usability. The ability to trigger any other Ableton parameter (eg reverb tail) from the Arp is super powerful and use.

Anyone else use this device?
Old 12th April 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Named User View Post
I love a well designed arpeggiator.

I use the Omniphere 2 arp all the time, it is one of the best I have come across in terms of usability.

I have been using Cuthulhu in Ableton for a while for other soft synths, and it is powerful, but I don't get along with the UI. I find it a bit fiddly. (I know it has a separate and powerful "chorder" function, but I am just talking about arpeggiation here).

I have been on the lookout for a well designed VST arp for a while, and just discovered I have Arp sitting on my system.

I have only had a quick go of it so far, but LOVE the clean interface and usability. The ability to trigger any other Ableton parameter (eg reverb tail) from the Arp is super powerful and use.

Anyone else use this device?
If your'e talking about this one, I'm thinking about trying it out.

Arp One |
Old 12th April 2016
Gear Maniac

I love it, it's certainly my go to arpeggiator now. Very well done, as a lot of the 'stock' M4L devices are.
Old 12th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
If your'e talking about this one, I'm thinking about trying it out.

Arp One |
That's the one, it comes in the M4L Essentials bundle.
Old 12th April 2016
Gear Maniac

I had more of a play with this last night. Great Arp. I am interested to hear suggestions for creative parameters to map to the arpeggiator in mapping mode.

I have tried reverb decay, but am planning to really get in to this feature.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search