The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ROLI Seaboard Rise - worth it?
Old 29th June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiorange View Post
a DX-7 with hardware controls and a MPE keyboard would be a whole new instrument.
You might want to take a look at the Kodamo Essence FM then ... powerful and extremely useable FM ... sounds great with a Linnstrument or Sensal Morph, interface a pleasure...
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I hope you're right. I want to believe, but then again, I also see a lot of people who are all, "when I was your age, synths couldn't sense velocity and we liked it!"
No problem with those people. They are right, too. A Minimoog doesn’t need more than note on/off because the sound is so alive! And please check out the recent video with the Jupiter 4 on my channel: the sound is so massive that just pressing a key make you smile. No MPE needed, period.

On the other side, more modern sound engines like FM can be better programmed with keyboard control. (Sorry for the self promotion, but please check out my video Seaboard + Elektron Digitone. Such a sound can only be made with MPE controllers)

So everyone should be happy.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyB View Post
You might want to take a look at the Kodamo Essence FM then ... powerful and extremely useable FM ... sounds great with a Linnstrument or Sensal Morph, interface a pleasure...
Hey, I’m trying not to look at the Kodamo Essence...

Don’t make think of it...

I’m on GAS-rehab...
Old 30th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyB View Post
Was looking to Kodamo as well, but haven't heard any meaningful sound demo of Kodamo - all demos sound super-digital as first computer sound generators - absolutely without soul
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Anyone heard from Roli Support lately?

I've had a ticket open for almost five weeks now. Hearing of others that've been waiting for over two months.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accompianist View Post
Anyone heard from Roli Support lately?

I've had a ticket open for almost five weeks now. Hearing of others that've been waiting for over two months.
They are slow. I had to wait about one month to get an answer for a ticket, too.
Here for the gear

I'm not waiting on a support ticket but I have been waiting to see if they get any more Rise 49s into stock. I asked to be notified about a month ago but no update so far. Hoping they continue to manufacture them or an updated version.
Old 5th October 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Another example of “still very happy” with the Seaboard:

📝 Reply