The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
CZ-101 - Yes or No?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by and you know View Post
"All products are out of stock for the foreseeable future due to parts not being available. We regret the inconvenience."

:(
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotunes View Post
"All products are out of stock for the foreseeable future due to parts not being available. We regret the inconvenience."

:(
Ah, I didn't read down that far. It's worth bookmarking as it really opens up what the CZ can do.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFEPASS4 View Post
Yes i was thinking about a reface DX and a Dtronics DT-RDX controller
I've got that combo. The reface itself is easy to program as far as FM goes, but the Dtronics does make it a good deal faster and fun.

I had a CZ-1 years back. I later picked up a CZ101 thinking it would replace it, but I really found the 101 to be difficult to work with and disappointing in comparison with the CZ-1. No velocity, no aftertouch, no splits, no layering, no backlight, no chorus, lack of permanent patch storage. It was a really a letdown for me.

Virtual CZ does the sounds right. I'd just get that if you want access to those particularly CZeey digital resonant tones. The reface DX can do most of the rest with ease.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

There's a 1,101 1000, 3000 and a 5000 on the local CL if you can go a little higher. The 101 is $400 but has a new display. The others are more reasonable, $330 for the 5000.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreengold View Post
I've got that combo. The reface itself is easy to program as far as FM goes, but the Dtronics does make it a good deal faster and fun.

I had a CZ-1 years back. I later picked up a CZ101 thinking it would replace it, but I really found the 101 to be difficult to work with and disappointing in comparison with the CZ-1. No velocity, no aftertouch, no splits, no layering, no backlight, no chorus, lack of permanent patch storage. It was a really a letdown for me.

Virtual CZ does the sounds right. I'd just get that if you want access to those particularly CZeey digital resonant tones. The reface DX can do most of the rest with ease.
Thanks for the help
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreengold View Post

Great Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
There's a 1,101 1000, 3000 and a 5000 on the local CL if you can go a little higher. The 101 is $400 but has a new display. The others are more reasonable, $330 for the 5000.
I wil see ,Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFEPASS4 View Post
I wil see ,Thanks
Oops, just noticed you're in Ireland. Always best to buy local, sorry.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
No Problem

Yes theres lots of Leprechauns here that are selling CZ101s , I get bown away watching a Leprechaun program it with ESP
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

Thanks for the mindfullness
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Not when you get a good deal or trying to source something rare. Just sayin
Old 5 days ago
JDN
Lives for gear

Isn't the virtual CZ the same? 101 was the first synth I ever had, back when it was new, and I learned synthesis on this. Never really liked it and quickly upgraded to Korgs and Rolands which sounded way better and were way more fun to program. I have a CZ 101 now with the Memory cartridge for Nostalgia, but it's the last synth I go to for much of anything. It was not very fun to program and even if you dig the sound, might as well just get virtual CZ.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Id say I will not bother buying CZ , may get the VST ,

Digitone looks interesting ,

So does Yamahas Announcement of Future Updates coming in a week
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search