The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Best way to run stereo output synth to guitar pedal (one input?)
Old 9th January 2016
Lives for gear

Best way to run stereo output synth to guitar pedal (one input?)

I recently got a Roland TB3 (but this applies to any synth with stereo outputs.)

I am really enjoying it thus far, but I want to be able to run every patch through distortion, not just the few that have it built in, so am looking at distortion pedals.

What is the best way to run the stereo outputs into the single input on a guitar pedal? Or should I use the headphone jack?
Old 9th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa ego View Post
I recently got a Roland TB3 (but this applies to any synth with stereo outputs.)

I am really enjoying it thus far, but I want to be able to run every patch through distortion, not just the few that have it built in, so am looking at distortion pedals.

What is the best way to run the stereo outputs into the single input on a guitar pedal? Or should I use the headphone jack?
Depends if you want to use the built in effects on the TB-3.

Remember the TB-3 is modelling a monosynth, so just the mono out should be fine if you're not using the stereo effects.

I personally just use patches A01 and A02 in mono and run it out in mono through effects.

If you're going into a mono pedal one cable should do the trick.

Hope that helps!
Old 9th January 2016
Gear Maniac

The TB-3 stereo outputs are also designed for mono output. Many synths are like this, with a "R" output and a "L/Mono" output. Use just that left/mono output into your pedals.
Old 9th January 2016
Gear Addict

One way, other than using a stereo distortion unit like the Thermionc Culture Vulture, is to use a mixer that has a send/return for fx. Or you can use 2 of the mono distortion fx, one for each channel.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search