The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New KORG Minilogue 37 Key Synth
Old 11th October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted b788fee View Post
As far as I'm aware, it auto-saves the changes ... It's honestly dead simple ... I'll take another look tonight ...

I figured it out. I didn't realize I had to save a user microtuning preset with the patch first.
Old 18th October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloshacecosas View Post
I just bough a used Minilogue in great condition. It was clean and at first everything seemed to work right. The only problem is that the lower octave seems to require harder pressing to get the same velocity. They're also a little bit harder to press.

I took it apart, and seems like everything is right. The contacts are good and without the keys everything seems normal. I've also tried to change the middle octave to the lower one and I'm getting the same results. Is it a common thing with the Minilogues? What else can I try?

Here's a link to a pic of the keybed.
I've noticed this on my middle octave on my Minilogue XD. The keys still trigger fine, and can sense multiple velocities, but the amount of force/pressure you have to give the keys is 2x the other octaves.

Also the "springey" kind of 'click' you get when you press a key is basically gone on the middle octave. Any idea what could be causing this? Has anyone noticed anything similar on their minilogue or xd?
Old 16th November 2019
Lives for gear

Genius

Old 16th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricera View Post
Genius

That is awesome. I would buy one.
Old 17th November 2019
I mean, that's cool looking and all but I think I'll stick with my stock Mini...why pay more for a fancy case? I guess if that's your thing more power to ya
Old 17th November 2019
Deleted 13e7993
I still love and use my Minilogue. This guy really sounds nice to me and plays very well with my pedals. This was the second synthesizer I purchased and it's staying. I don't know, I just find it to be a charming instrument that gets better with time.
Old 30th November 2019
Lives for gear

I pulled my old Minilogue out and installed the latest firmware the other day. I'm getting some funny behaviour on a old patch that I can't remember happening before. Either that or I'm missing something really obvious. If I build a chord one note at a time from the bass note, on the third note the first note jumps an octave. On the fourth note, the second note jumps an octave. If I build a chord one note at a time from the top note, the first two notes are the correct pitch, but every subsequent note is an octave too high.

This doesn't happen on other patches or on an initialised patch. I'm probably forgetting something. Any ideas?
Old 30th November 2019 | Show parent
Sounds like you don't have the voice depth at 0. In poly mode it will automatically do chord inversions for you.
Old 30th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Sounds like you don't have the voice depth at 0. In poly mode it will automatically do chord inversions for you.
Thanks! That's what I was missing.
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear

Just noticed that there are two more sound packs (Vol.6 and Vol.7) available on the Minilogue download page. The last one (Vol.5 Analogue Vintage) was pretty stunning, can't wait to try out these new ones which supposedly are specifically designed to take advantage of the new 2.0 features.
I must say this little synth just keeps on giving, the more I use it the more I enjoy its features, workflow and sound!
Old 12th December 2019
Here for the gear
Anyone having trouble getting all 5 soundpacks to show up in the librarian? I can get 4 but it always swaps one out when I add the 5th. Super annoying.....
Old 17th February 2020 | Show parent
It's been two years already...and I am still learning my silver edition Minilogue. Great synthesis possibilities! Even though black one looks interesting I am not going to ditch original one for some new marketing features. I have joystick on Poly 800 from 1984
Old 21st May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider76 View Post
So...thanks to the arrival of the XD, I scored a mint condition OG Minilogue for a ridiculous price, with decksaver included
Does your Decksaver clip onto the top of your Minilogue, or does it just sit on top of it?

I'm used to the Decksavers for my Yamaha Refaces, which just sit on the top. I bought a Minilogue XD and the Decksaver, which is supposed to fit both Minilogues, but mine clips on... which is a little bit awkward. I have to remember how to put it on and how to unclip it to take it off, so I don't slip and risk damaging the keys.

I've been wondering if that's how the Decksaver is meant to be, or if the edges have curled up a little.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHornBlower View Post
Does your Decksaver clip onto the top of your Minilogue, or does it just sit on top of it?
It has a very tight fit, so it sits on top but yes it "clips" a little, if I get what you mean. Meaning that I have to use a tiny bit of force to install and remove it.

Personally I like it, it gives me the feeling the synth is better protected, as the cover will not casually slip off from the sloping panel at the slightest bump or movement.
Lives for gear
Thanks, Spider76.

I think maybe mine clips a little bit too much. At first I thought it was a bit of a poor fit, until I realised I could clip it on, but taking it off takes a bit too much force, so if I did it wrong, I could damage something when it let go.

I kind of expect it to scratch the black coating too. Maybe I'll sand the edges a little, inside, or scrape them with a knife, so it comes off more easily.
📝 Reply