The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM 2016 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
NAMM 2016 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...

We are now 12 weeks away from Winter NAMM 2016... January 21-24, 2016

So what are your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...?

Old 30th October 2015
Deleted User
Modal presents spin-offs of the Modal 008
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Roland Boutique...

I guess more or bigger or combined with other stuff like a new MV-8800

Old 30th October 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
small moog minmoog model d desktop with a small amount of knobs and digital integration for more options

they've already done the minitaur which is a little Taurus.....

and they've stopped making the voyager now?.....
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A lot of companies seem to have pulled stuff back in what looks like a preparation for a whole new wave of gear. DSI-sequential have discontinued a whole wave of stuff, suggesting surely new products. Moog have discontinued their flagship - the Voyager. Roland have recently slashed the price on their old flagship, the JP-80, and I wonder whether they might try and pull out a second surprise two years in a row. Even more Korg, who've been quiet for two years - an uncharacteristically long time for them - since the Odyssey, and always seem to say nothing before a major product announcement. Plus there's the expectation of new things from Behringer, who've devoted money to a whole new department for r'n'd on synths, particularly, and Yamaha, who've also done *absolutely nothing* at the top end of their market for *five years* . You'd have to say, with all that, if it doesn't add up to at least nearly as good a NAMM show as last year's, it'd be a disappointing one.

Last edited by wendell r.; 31st October 2015 at 10:54 AM..
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Arturia BeatStep Elite.
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Roland fleshes out the Aira line with the last two remaining good candidates for Plugouts: alphaJuno or SH-7, and Jupiter 4. Anything past the latter exceeds the System-1's core hardware architecture.

Or, alternately, they release an 8-voice System-2, same as System-1 but will support Plugouts for JP-08, JX-03, and JU-06 (all available at a significant discount to those who've registered their Boutique equivalents, maybe free to same?), as well as other Rolands in the post-Jupiter-4 analogue era. Maybe even the D-50.

Oh and a JP-80000 which is a JP-80 with 8 of the JD-XA analogue voices. Though price point for that would probably not make it worth doing (market too small, I question whether V-Synth GT, for example, sold more than 1,000 or so units).
Old 30th October 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Disappointment
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I still wish for a modern keyboard sampler. With engine emulations ranging from Fairlight, over Emu II, ASR 10 to MPC60. Some nice VA filters and good effects.

Thats the only piece i am currently missing in my setup.

However, i'd be also in the market for an ACB synth with 3+ chips and 49+ (preferably 61) synth action keys.
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The only possible mono plug-out left that Roland hinted at is the System-700. Beyond that I'm expecting poly, and therefore the hardware needed to support it.

And eventually they'll start emulating non-Roland stuff, and maybe will let you mix and match components, and, and...

Anyway, I'm expecting an Arturia synth, a Behringer/Midas prototype, a new Novation synth, just because, Korg's first Nutube products, or wtv that/those? "Minilogue" thing is/are supposed to be, I don't think they dug the Arp name to do a single thing with it either, and Yamaha's Montage if we're lucky.

Also, don't forget this :
Rossum Electro-Music will carry on the classic E-mu tradition to create powerful (and fun-to-use!) musical hardware. So there’ll be interesting analog technology, some real innovations in the digital domain, and, of course, a focus quality construction and reliability. Our first products, which you’ll be hearing more about this winter, will be unique entries in the exploding Eurorack synthesizer market.
Or General Music for that matter. Synthex didn't work, but that was just a thing they wanted to try...

And another curve-ball from Akai, since their MIDI stuff is up to date. Waldorf is pretty quiet too.

Fun times ahead!
Old 30th October 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Someone's gonna release something that someone doesn't like and there will be a 100+ page threadnought here about it.
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Ambivalence Wolf
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Polysix with mini keys.
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Every possible vintage analog synth ever produced re-created in digital format and the size of a phone catalogue with tiny tiny keys...

I hope that trend stops now.
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
New synth product from Access Music. I say this every time a NAMM or Messe thread comes up, and I'm disappointed each an every time. May as well make a tradition of it.

Moog is going to release a cheaply built replacement for the Voyager in order to increase their margins. They will also release a $5000+ re-issue of the Model D, causing much gnashing of the teeth and class warfare on this forum.

Eventide will release yet another lame guitar pedal.

Warm Audio will finally release their WA-2A.
Old 31st October 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by biftek View Post
Disappointment

ns
Old 31st October 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Nord Wave 2
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
New synth product from Access Music. I say this every time a NAMM or Messe thread comes up, and I'm disappointed each an every time. May as well make a tradition of it.
Kinda like a Cleveland Browns fan hoping for a winning football season!
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

DSI goes all eurorack, tons of new modules, a whole line up. Sequential release the new Pro 1, as well as some sort of new mosnter flagship poly, perhaps a P10, or another hybrid with 2 VCO's and 2 P12 osc's.

Korg releases a mini-key Mono/Poly. Lame.

I wish Moog would do a poly but we always say that. With the Mother-32 hitting the streets, Moog eurorack, all of the 900 series modules in new format would be nice.

You know who I wish would do a poly? Tom Oberheim! Some kind of Matrix 6 II, or Xpander.

Elektron has been quiet for a while. Did that overbridge thing ever work out? They could do an 8 voice analog, that'd be fine.

Arturia? I don't know. The Brute's have run their course, and they can't get any more mini than they already are. A 6-voice Brute with that oscillator would he nice, add a chorus/ensemble, nice.

Access? That ship has sailed I believe.

Roland, I have no friggin clue. Have the System 100's/WMD stuff hit the streets yet? When is that do out? To their credit, they have done way more than we ever expected this past year.

Perhaps Vermona will finally release that beautiful blue synth? Where the hell is that? Their euro stuff is phenom.

It seems to have been the year of the HW sequencer. Modular has talught us all the pleasures of HW sequencing. I think a lot more is to come.

Most of that won't happen, but that's what I want.
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Oberheim - Sem Eurorack
DSI - Line of desktop monos, variety of filter/oscillator combinations, similar to the Boomstars.
Moog - Model D re-issue, It will claim to be a true Model D reproduction, similar price to the voyager, lacking many voyager features. Many will bitch "just get a Voyager, it sounds better anyways"
Roland - System2 poly, big boy boutique
Korg - Prophet6 competitor (price & features), similar to PolySix but two oscillators and built in effects
Yamaha - a new scooter.
Clavica - Nord Electro 6, more of the same
Modal - Mono 008
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkbanana View Post
Moog - Model D re-issue, It will claim to be a true Model D reproduction, similar price to the voyager
The precedent set by their modular re-issues says otherwise.
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Metric Halo announcement please!!
Old 31st October 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Moog releases 4 more monos; the name "Moog" and the word "mono" become synonymous. When teenagers skip school for a couple of months they tell their friends they had "Moog."
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
vegetables and sadness...
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yamaha Montage.

Whatever that turns out to be.
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
What will they do, or do I wish they'd do?

What they will do is likely disappointing and will result in plenty of whining and fanboys - not so interesting.
What I'd like to see won't happen but its much more fun:

I want a sampling drum machine that has all the best of the old Akai and new Akai - simple.

Tons of JJOS features (he and Roger Linn are in charge of the project) and a godawful amount of ram - oh wait, since we're dreaming why not just play all the samples off of a super fast SSD... no loading. Rock solid timing like the oldie/goodie models, ditto for the DA, USB for file transfers like the new ones, real (not emulation) 12, 16 and 24 bit sampling, step sequencer and pads (goes both ways) and 6 midi outs / 12 +10db balanced outs... while I am asleep still I'll add a stereo analog multi-mode filter for each output pair... I'd use that machine all the live long day.

Just take the best of analog RYTM, Octatrack, Tempest, MPC 60/3000/2500 and put them in a blender. Seriously, needing 3 or 4 drum machines that all have serious shortcoming is pretty lame - REALLY lame.

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post

Eventide will release yet another lame guitar pedal.
The Eventide H9 is far from lame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D View Post
<snip>

Roland, I have no friggin clue. Have the System 100's/WMD stuff hit the streets yet? When is that do out? To their credit, they have done way more than we ever expected this past year.

<snip>
I think you mean the Roland System 500 by Malekko. That will definitely be at NAMM, but they should be releasing it in December, if not earlier (they're already rolling off the assembly line here in Portland!)

I'm pretty sure Moog will have at least one big, flagship-synth surprise, and hopefully some "children" modules to go with the Mother-32 (probably something like their MiniFooger line in Eurorack.)

And hopefully, maybe, finally the Waldorf Stromberg? Please? (one can only hope.)

Old 31st October 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
dude forget it... Stromberg is not happening.....
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Some kind of a really nice sampler with a sequencer would be my desire. Maybe even just a Korg Volca Sample Pro (the original Volca Sample sounds very nice to my ears, much more so than the new Electribe 2), with actual sampling, larger knobs, a screen, good filters and FX per track, more outs than 2, really nice and simple UI, all in a handy, Elektron sized package, costing something like 500€.
Old 31st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Korg post another teaser of the 3000 limited edition serial numbers and new hastag #suckers

No wait, Korg announce a $300 minimoog real analog with mini keys. Moog announce a $35,000 footswitch (100% analog signal path though)

B
πŸ“ Reply