The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Processing vs Synth-what gear?
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Processing vs Synth-what gear?

help me decide....

should i get a deopher 404 monosynth ala 303 or get the line6 plugins.. each would be around 200-250.

i have the virus TI and the toneport. so i have a good synth already but its a 303ish analog.

the line6 plugins will give me topns of amps and cabintes modeling, compressors, delays, etc. but i also have the waves and logic plugs.

which oone would you choose?
Old 16th January 2007
Lives for gear

Never tried the Doepfer BUT I do use the Deep Bass Nine which is an equivalent 303 type unit and they sound fabulous. Also works as a CV Gate convertor or external filter. I'd grab some hardware. It's fun and sometimes something simple is just more rewarding and helps you focus.
Never tried the Line6 plugs though, so cannot say much about them.
Old 16th January 2007
Depends on how processed a sound your going for. Icome from a background of making a few records with just a juno106 and a boss se70. So I know the value of a good synth coupled with an effects unit, you can do a lot.

Are the waves and logic plugins doing it for you? The TI is pretty versatile as well.

What type of sound are you going for?

Jesse

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search