The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What gear are you thinking about selling next, and why?
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
• System-8: This is where the STVC will go.
• Integra-7/SRX boards: SOLD!
• Behringer VC340: Swap for STVC.
• MPC Live: Going to buy a Toraiz SP16 instead.
BOOM! Integra-7 is SOLD! Less than 48 hours on Reverb! At only $999, it went pretty fast. Now, the most first-world problem ever: Which do I buy with the money? Toraiz SP16 or a Telemark? If the Telemark: Module or keyboard????? If it's the keyboard, I gotta sell $500 more stuff (just listed the VC340 for $499). Or, hold off on the Toraiz and get instant-gratification with a new STVC!?!?
Old 14th October 2020
Lives for gear

STVC
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Rob Lowe View Post
STVC
Yes! I think that will be the most fun-for-the-buck buy, don't you? I mean, it's a whole synth. But damn, that Toraiz sure looks fun and easy-to-use. And maybe get a Nyborg to kill that Telemark GAS. Surely, someone in L.A. will want to pick up a mint-condition System-8 for $999 within the next 48 hours. In the meantime, STVC, yes!
Lives for gear

Quote:
But damn, that Toraiz sure looks fun and easy-to-use.
You'd budget this in too I hope. They're kind of a set

Lives for gear

Quote:
... Which do I buy with the money? Toraiz SP16 or a Telemark? If the Telemark: Module or keyboard????? If it's the keyboard, I gotta sell $500 more stuff (just listed the VC340 for $499). Or, hold off on the Toraiz and get instant-gratification with a new STVC!?!?
Go for whichever one will be easiest to sell/ship when the time comes.

Old 14th October 2020
Lives for gear

Wish I had a closet full of moogerfoogers to sell
Old 14th October 2020
Gear Guru

Not thinking about selling, but thinking about not returning. I ordered an MV-8000 that arrived with a dead F2 key. The seller offered a partial refund to fix it, and while daydreaming of there actually being a repair shop around here, I looked it up, and the MV's have a very common flaw that's easy to fix with some rubber. I was thinking about if it would be worth fixing and keeping, and I think it might be, so I'll try it tonight. This'll put my MPC-X in limbo, but it's always been on the verge of selling since I got it.
Lives for gear
@ Derp mpcstuff do some MV parts
https://www.mpcstuff.com/roland-mv-pads.html
Old 14th October 2020
My Toft ATB 16 with meter bridge is up for sale. It’s great but I have no use for it anymore in my workflow.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Palmer View Post
Thanks, but unfortunately buttons aren't something they carry anymore. This dude does a pretty good job of explaining an easy way to repair it. In one of the buttons on his video, the button doesn't click either, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the same issue as the one I've got.

Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
This dude does a pretty good job of explaining an easy way to repair it.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the same issue as the one I've got.
good luck
im seeing them from £400 to 1000
Old 15th October 2020
Lives for gear

Not thinking of selling anything (apart from the Nord Modular, but that is only symbolic). It is a relief.

I am not thinking of buying anything either. In contrast, that is anxiety provoking. So I am scanning eBay, Local second hand markets and new releases to keep up the hope. GAS without an object is worse than just GAS.
Old 15th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

I've had it with Roland's aging gear not holding up. Listed the Fantom and the Integra, and the MV-8000 is headed back now that we got eBay involved. Still trying to settle on replacements, but I've already ordered a Maschine Plus for the samplers and Streichfett... for I'm not sure what I want to use it for, I just want it.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Thanks, but unfortunately buttons aren't something they carry anymore. This dude does a pretty good job of explaining an easy way to repair it. In one of the buttons on his video, the button doesn't click either, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the same issue as the one I've got.
I about died laughing when I popped off the screen and found a piece of mousepad already sticking out.

I tried replacing it with a new bit, and no dice. I could reach in with a screwdriver and trigger the contact, but I couldn't get the button itself to play nice except for random flukes. I'm done.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Listed the Fantom
So good old G6 is finally on the road?

Quote:
I'm not sure what I want to use it for, I just want it.
Sounds very familar to me. Wonder why.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Rob Lowe View Post
Wish I had a closet full of moogerfoogers to sell
No kidding.

Last year, while going through my studio looking for things I could sell to help fund The River, I checked in on the going prices for Moogerfoogers and was shocked.

I decided to keep them and look for other things to sell. Still, it’s good to know that should I ever need some quick cash, those things should move pretty fast if priced well.

As for what gear I'm thinking of selling... I'm thinking of down-sizing the number of eurorack modules I've got. I kinda went crazy with it the last couple of years and have ended up with a lot of modules that basically do the same thing. I also have more modules than I do cases, with probably around two dozen or so stored in a cabinet, homeless, and depressed. Not good.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
So good old G6 is finally on the road?
Yeah, I'm gonna miss the hell out of her (she really reinvigorated my music and changed the way I work), but I don't want to have a giant paperweight in a few months/years time. It's time for me to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Sounds very familar to me. Wonder why.
I was leaning toward getting a Proteus to replace the Integra because I love the Proteus ROMpler sound for bread & butter, but I'm getting it for the live room, and I just can't help but think that the Streichfett will sound glorious with a Virus layered on top. Trying to squeeze in some room for my Blofeld too, and that's just going to be a synthesis powerhouse with that Virus.

But yeah, I mostly just want it because it sounds pretty and am making up justifications after the fact.
Old 16th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
But yeah, I mostly just want it because it sounds pretty and am making up justifications after the fact.
Still puts you on the rational side of the fence compared to me. I go "it looks pretty, me want....now wtf is it, analog, VA or wavetable? Oh, never mind, lets hit the icon, and I shall deal with that in time."
Lives for gear

just received a volca modular i was curious about - absolutely loathe it. back in the box 5mins later and don't even think about talking me out of it. clearly i do not like patching, haven't got a clue what's going on there, and not even interested. so there it is. good GAS-killer, as it's put me off getting another thing i was curious about.
Lives for gear

Although I am holding onto my Korg Modular, I played with mine for a few months but found the duPont cables to be fiddly, as they are not meant for many insert-disconnect cycles.

I bought the midi in parts to mod, but the traces are micro small so I shelved the idea. The traces on the Monotribe are generous, by comparison.

Too low item to sell, so maybe some time in the future I will find a use for it!

Buying synths can sometimes be a hit-miss proposal.
I have seen many good YT uses for this box, but for the moment, it fell out of favour with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtl View Post
just received a volca modular i was curious about - absolutely loathe it. back in the box 5mins later and don't even think about talking me out of it. clearly i do not like patching, haven't got a clue what's going on there, and not even interested. so there it is. good GAS-killer, as it's put me off getting another thing i was curious about.
Old 16th October 2020
Lives for gear

Selling my Black Corporation Xerxes. I listened to the samples I made for my Prophet X and feel I captured enough of the Xerxes sound to make me happy. Now, I can use the funds elsewhere.
Old 16th October 2020
Lives for gear

Just sold my AN200 and MKS-30/PG200. Next goes my stack of VAs...MS2000, AN1x, DW8000, JP8000. And then my vintage MiniMoog D.
Old 17th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdpath View Post
Just sold my AN200 and MKS-30/PG200. Next goes my stack of VAs...MS2000, AN1x, DW8000, JP8000. And then my vintage MiniMoog D.
Did the AN200 fetch a decent price? I was looking around just yesterday to get a feel for what the PLG150 board generally goes for.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcppp View Post
maybe some time in the future I will find a use for it!
mmyeah

seeing so many up for sale at around 100eu, it would not be inconceivable to expand it by doubling up

so apparently plenty of people are fed up with a device that requires studying a chart to get a meaningful patch out of it. which i did last night after posting. novel volca limitation ... did get some decent sounds.
the design error there was to make the patch points black instead of a lighter colour, where you could have seen the holes in low light.

am hoping to try to extract some sense re: the 2nd LPG, which i haven't yet managed to get to do anything :-/
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay Smearing View Post
Did the AN200 fetch a decent price? I was looking around just yesterday to get a feel for what the PLG150 board generally goes for.
I sold it for $300. It was mint with original manual, so it was a good deal. I didn't pay much for it and got some nice use out of it. Was time to switch it out for something new.
Old 17th October 2020
Lives for gear

I am thinking of selling my office desk, bookcases and filing cabinets, so I can have room for more gear. Seriously.
Old 17th October 2020
Lives for gear

Picked up a P10 and i’m trying to convince
myself to keep my Gligli Prophet 600. I know, i know, keep both, but i’m not made of money and it would cut a big chunk out of my budget. I’ve just been putting it off because i’ve never sold/shipped something that big through reverb and provably wouldn’t want to sell something so $ via Craigslist.

After i get the P10 I may look into whether i REALLY need my e-rm multiclock and a few other modular devices.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
Picked up a P10 and i’m trying to convince
myself to keep my Gligli Prophet 600. I know, i know, keep both, but i’m not made of money and it would cut a big chunk out of my budget. I’ve just been putting it off because i’ve never sold/shipped something that big through reverb and provably wouldn’t want to sell something so $ via Craigslist.

After i get the P10 I may look into whether i REALLY need my e-rm multiclock and a few other modular devices.
I can offer $fiddy to take that Multi-Clock off yer hands.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I can offer $fiddy to take that Multi-Clock off yer hands.

I’ll try to a:b and will lyk at some indeterminate point if i’m not erudite enough tell the difference.
Lives for gear

The black on black is past my vision at 57, as my near vision is gone.
I need a magnifying glass to see the slots as without I end up stuffing the cables inside the chassis.

As for midi, it does respond to midi cc, but as I mentioned earlier, the pads for Rx,TX,GNd and Vcc are too small.

As I am going off topic here, I suggest we move the conversation to the modular section:korg volca modular thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtl View Post
mmyeah

seeing so many up for sale at around 100eu, it would not be inconceivable to expand it by doubling up

so apparently plenty of people are fed up with a device that requires studying a chart to get a meaningful patch out of it. which i did last night after posting. novel volca limitation ... did get some decent sounds.
the design error there was to make the patch points black instead of a lighter colour, where you could have seen the holes in low light.

am hoping to try to extract some sense re: the 2nd LPG, which i haven't yet managed to get to do anything :-/
📝 Reply