The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What gear are you thinking about selling next, and why?
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

After the big sell off (JP-8, PPG, Notron, Kurz K250 RMX, two Akai z8 samplers, bunch of monosynths), I've tried to keep a more focused setup. I have been slowing building up a 5U format modular system and I've forced myself to keep the number of cabinets fixed so I don't end up with walls of modules that rarely get used. Same with effects units - what's here has to fit into the existing rack spaces.

To that end, I've found there's a few things that don't get used as much and could get moved along. One is a Lexicon Prime Time II with some extended delay time added. Since I have 3 of these guys and often are using one or two, the third kind of sits there and doesn't get as much love.

The other thing is the perpetual module turnover in the modular realm. Somehow (really, I don't exactly know how it happened) I ended up with 10 different filter modules... Exploring them for a few months has shown more overlap than I'd like to admit, so I'm going to sell the Dual Wasp filter and the Baal filter (OTA-based design). There's also a CGS01 Sub oscillator module that is not getting nearly as much use as I thought it might.

The hope moving forward (as always) is to spend more time using the gear than buying/unpacking/selling/shipping/packing it all.
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy View Post
I’ll probably break the old “one-in/one-out” deal with the wife for that one.
"When did you get this Moog One? Did you break our deal?"

"Of course not dear, I unloaded an MXR distortion box last week"
Old 2nd June 2020
Gear Addict
Sold the force. It was tough because I can imagine what that machine can be but have lost patience with Akai. Mpc live is next assuming I can get past the emotional attachment.
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

various stringed instruments. why? because their time has come to move on to other homes.
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Probably my Matrixbrute as I just don't use it, prefer programming Polysynths.
Old 2nd June 2020
Gear Maniac

Now I know the answer for sure - its not my Peak (as I previously though) its my FA07..... Because Ive just received a Fantom 7..
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Putting some things onto Reverb this week:

(space, redundancies)

* Kawai K1m

* a PRS SE with upgraded guts.

* Korg MS20mini (made into a module by me)
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Pic or it never happened!
Old 2nd June 2020
Here for the gear

Yamaha FS1R, had it since new (20 years?) and never really bonded with it. I figure I could probably get something more fun with the money.
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
Pic or it never happened!
Yeah. I'm on it. It's getting nicer end cheeks first. I should be finished with all that in a day or two.
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Prophet XL. I’ve run out of space and it’s XL.

I’ve barely had time to use it and it’s now on the top tier of a 3 tier stand.

I can barely reach the controls.

I love so much about it, but might sell and get a Mellotron Mini.

Much simpler. Less of a rabbit hole. And much smaller.
Old 2nd June 2020
Deleted 13e7993
It definitely wasn't "off topic", Synth Guru.

I will be selling gear and products that are creating by organizations who align with stances I object to.

That better?
Old 2nd June 2020
Gear Addict

Korg Triton Extreme 61. Will probably be redundant when my PC4 arrives.

Various basses, starting with my 1997 AmStd Precision. Too many basses and I have an AVRI '57 that i like better.
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah. I'm on it. It's getting nicer end cheeks first. I should be finished with all that in a day or two.
I'll be interested to see it...I wouldn't dare hack a synth.
Old 2nd June 2020
Lives for gear

Hmmmmm - Hate to say it, but I would be happy to reclaim the space taken up by my Moog One 16.

I've had it for almost a year now, and it's the least-used/ enjoyed synth in my studio.

Pretty sure if it was going to become my "go-to" for anything, it would be by now.

Greg
Old 2nd June 2020
Gear Head

Sold a left-over Maschine Mikro MKI (controller only) to fund a Zoom MS70-CDR.

7/5 would do so again.

Honestly I despise selling my gear, in this case I had upgraded to a larger unit.
Old 3rd June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryjoy View Post
Yamaha FS1R . . . I figure I could probably get something more fun with the money.
Are you sure? I think its formant patches sound amazing. Unique in the synth-landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryjoy View Post
Yamaha FS1R, had it since new (20 years?) . . .
Oh, nevermind. Twenty years is a long time. I'm sure you're ready for something new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
Prophet XL. I’ve run out of space and it’s XL . . .
Hmmm . . . I was on the fence with my Prophet-X for similar reasons (lack of space). But since I've been playing its more synth-heavy patches, I love it. I play it with my Prophet-6 a lot (though, still gotta figure out if I want to keep my OB-06).

For a while I kept wanting to sell my V-Synth GT. I shelved it in the garage for six months, but something kept telling me, "Never sell your V-Synth." Now that it's back in my rig (supplanting my Montage-6), I'm glad I didn't. That same inner-voice told me to not sell my Prophet-X.
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregkoNYC View Post
Hmmmmm - Hate to say it, but I would be happy to reclaim the space taken up by my Moog One 16.

I've had it for almost a year now, and it's the least-used/ enjoyed synth in my studio.

Pretty sure if it was going to become my "go-to" for anything, it would be by now.

Greg
It’s because you have so many amazing sweet spot vintage synths.
M1 is a tricked out Lexus that had many uses but can’t hang with vintage Ferraris.
Don’t you have MM+? The sound of angels.
What else you got these days?
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

I'm probably going to sell my babied, perfect condition, used very lightly sequential pro 3 at a very reasonable price. I have decided that I prefer the matriarch and have one on the way. I think I might have something against memory.. Since I keep preferring synths without memory. Anyways, I have a great pro 3 standard for someone.
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
It’s because you have so many amazing sweet spot vintage synths.
M1 is a tricked out Lexus that had many uses but can’t hang with vintage Ferraris.
Don’t you have MM+? The sound of angels.
What else you got these days?

The MemoryMoog+ is a lot of fun and find myself enjoying it quite a lot. OB8, JP6 and a couple of P600s also get a fair amount of attention as of late (last year or so). I still have a couple of Rolands in "permanent" installation but have lots of stuff packed away at the moment.

It's funny - The Moog One is one of those synths that every few weeks I come back to it with a fresh and objective perspective (I really do) but it always feels like that marriage that I'm trying *too hard* to make work long after the relationship is dead.

Greg
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:

Greg
I'm right there with ya, brother. I keep holding out for that update that will transform it. Thing is, like stocks, maybe it'd be wiser to play the long game with this one.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
Hmmm . . . I was on the fence with my Prophet-X for similar reasons (lack of space). But since I've been playing its more synth-heavy patches, I love it. I play it with my Prophet-6 a lot (though, still gotta figure out if I want to keep my OB-06).
I'm curious -- with the most lively synth waveform for your Prophet X (like maybe Shaw's DD waves), how does the X compare to the Prophet 6, as far as meatiness goes?

I have this romanticized notion that those SSI filters in there are hypnotizingly good.
Old 3rd June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by psionic11 View Post
I'm curious -- with the most lively synth waveform for your Prophet X (like maybe Shaw's DD waves), how does the X compare to the Prophet 6, as far as meatiness goes?

I have this romanticized notion that those SSI filters in there are hypnotizingly good.
It's an interesting question, especially since I have the P6 right above my X in my new set-up. The X in contrast is "smoother" and more, um, "polysynthier." The P6 has a "voice" with more vintag-ey guts in the mid-range. I suppose with the right samples, it can get as meaty, but I haven't tried those particular ones yet. Maybe this is more telling: I've been using the X almost exclusively for pads lately, and the P6 almost exclusively for leads and bass (i.e., it has that flappy cow-udder filter on the low-end).
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
It's an interesting question, especially since I have the P6 right above my X in my new set-up. The X in contrast is "smoother" and more, um, "polysynthier." The P6 has a "voice" with more vintag-ey guts in the mid-range. I suppose with the right samples, it can get as meaty, but I haven't tried those particular ones yet. Maybe this is more telling: I've been using the X almost exclusively for pads lately, and the P6 almost exclusively for leads.
Thanks, I've followed the Prophet X thread off and on. I was seriously considering it a couple years ago when I needed to replace my dying X-station, but the Rev2 won out that slot in my rig. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to hear one up close.

Meanwhile, check out the synths and classical music thread. I actually posted some music instead of talking tech! Just need to find some decent brass for the next phase....
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Putting some things onto Reverb this week:

* Kawai K1m
* a PRS SE with upgraded guts.
Good luck w. the sale. I would love it if you gave a summary afterwards about how good/bad Reverb's new payments policy worked for you. Since you have to use their scheme now and the payments get (eventually) deposited to your bank account instead of PayPal it would be nice to hear how long they took, how much of a hassle it was, etc.

Actually, it would be nice to hear from anyone that has sold stuff after May 19th.

I stopped listing stuff on reverb until I get some feedback from folks that are using it after the changeover.
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The MemoryMoog+ is a lot of fun and find myself enjoying it quite a lot. OB8, JP6 and a couple of P600s also get a fair amount of attention as of late (last year or so). I still have a couple of Rolands in "permanent" installation but have lots of stuff packed away at the moment.

It's funny - The Moog One is one of those synths that every few weeks I come back to it with a fresh and objective perspective (I really do) but it always feels like that marriage that I'm trying *too hard* to make work long after the relationship is dead.

Greg
Greg! Word! IMO If you ain’t sequencing or soloing the One is a waste of space.
It’s a weirdly modern sounding Poly. Reminds me of my failed marriage to the Voyager.

Also..: you may have an addiction. “Couple of” is a trigger word on this board.
You might need some counseling as your p600 *collection* grows
Old 3rd June 2020
Here for the gear

Selling my VPC1. Just got a Nord Grand.
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

I’ll be putting up for sale this week my Polyend Medusa, Arturia Drumbrute, Roland SH-01A, and Korg Kross 2. I’m just wanting to clear out space for gear I’m using more.
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Selling my Moog Voyager "Final Voyage" edition today. I'm already sad to see it go, but cant justify holding onto it since ive also got a model D reissue that I love. Going to use the funds to pick up a UDO Super6.
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
Good luck w. the sale. I would love it if you gave a summary afterwards about how good/bad Reverb's new payments policy worked for you. Since you have to use their scheme now and the payments get (eventually) deposited to your bank account instead of PayPal it would be nice to hear how long they took, how much of a hassle it was, etc.

Actually, it would be nice to hear from anyone that has sold stuff after May 19th.

I stopped listing stuff on reverb until I get some feedback from folks that are using it after the changeover.
I sold a SE-02 last week. Never had much of an issue with Reverb payment system. Been using it for a long time because it lets the buyer finance through Affirm. They pay when you ship.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear