The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What gear are you thinking about selling next, and why?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

swap - JP8 for a single toilet roll
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I sold my Korg M3m the other day and have Akai Miniak, Korg Prophecy, Roland JD-Xi and Yamaha RM1x on sale now. Sometimes you want to expand, sometimes reduce, and I need to focus right now and thus reduce. my Fantom 6 and MPC One have provided new perspectives to hardware-flow and self-containment, and I just want these and few helpers, which basically just will be samplesources for the MPC. Thus, my current dream is to end up with these units:

MPC One
Deepmind 6
Bassstation 2
Fantom 6
MU100R/VL7 w. BC1.

Would be so nice and oversseable. So bye-bye small wonders. It has been a pleasure but life goes on.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by time_zone View Post
Yep you did the right thing selling it.
For sure! Don't know what makes you face palm for this. Are you just another guy that can't stand somebody not liking a TR-09? Then I'm sorry, but that's life.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

MPC-X. There's so much I like about this thing, but the shortcomings are pretty huge. No 'classic' grid editing? No multitimbral MIDI input? You can't even remap the incoming MIDI notes to pads? MPC5000 gets a lot of crap for all of the features it dropped, but it wasn't this bad, that's for sure.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Just found out: I'm not thinking about selling my Moog Slim Phatty anymore. Had it on ebay classifieds for weeks but suddenly it turned out I still like to work with it.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
MPC-X. There's so much I like about this thing, but the shortcomings are pretty huge. No 'classic' grid editing? No multitimbral MIDI input? You can't even remap the incoming MIDI notes to pads? MPC5000 gets a lot of crap for all of the features it dropped, but it wasn't this bad, that's for sure.
Whoa! Does this mean Akai Force also lacks the multitimbral midi input?

I was wondering if I should buy Force or MC-707 for sampler duties, but if Force/MPC-X cannot handle multitimbral MIDI in, then that makes my choice fairly easy.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraku View Post
Whoa! Does this mean Akai Force also lacks the multitimbral midi input?

I was wondering if I should buy Force or MC-707 for sampler duties, but if Force/MPC-X cannot handle multitimbral MIDI in, then that makes my choice fairly easy.
I just skimmed the manual and found nothing about changing MIDI settings, just like in the X. I think Force is omni input only as well.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

you are both correct. None of the Akai MCP (the SOC InMusic uses) units have multitimbral MIDI input. When one gets it, they all get it. But no idea if and when its coming.

I'm thinking of selling my Wavestation SR once the Wavestate desktop drops. Also considering selling my Cali76 TX pedal, I can't really hear a meaningful difference between it and my UAD 1176 plugins. UA really nailed those 76 emulations.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I just skimmed the manual and found nothing about changing MIDI settings, just like in the X. I think Force is omni input only as well.
So MC-707 it is then for me.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
You know how earlier I said that I was thinking about selling my Mono Evolver Keyboard?

I'm now selling it. Still need to get an eBay listing made up and get it packed. I'd rather sell to locals (anyone in Brisbane, Australia?) instead of pack this thing up, but who knows.

Damn me and my perpetual GAS!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For a minute I was thinking of selling my Mirage keys for a Mirage rack + an SQ-80.

But that's just dumb. The obvious solution is to keep the Mirage keys, get the Mirage rack also, and get an SQ-80 keyboard.

The Mirage keys (DSK-8 with a Fatar keybed, Velocity but no AT) is perfectly fine for House pianos/etc. A bit clacky, but records fine.

I should know better by now.

The Mirage rack I want as a dedicated lo-fi Percussion sample source and mangler.

The keyboard version I have now is mostly used for clubby lofi to midfi pianos and pads.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Just got in touch with my local music shop about selling my Roland JP-08 and Juno DS-61 on consignment. Fingers crossed that I can get in the ballpark of what I want for 'em...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldog View Post
Just got in touch with my local music shop about selling my Roland JP-08 and Juno DS-61 on consignment. Fingers crossed that I can get in the ballpark of what I want for 'em...
much better off putting an ad for the little JP08, that's an easy sale with low postage costs. small things are easy to sell, in a much wider area.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
much better off putting an ad for the little JP08, that's an easy sale with low postage costs. small things are easy to sell, in a much wider area.
I'll try that if things with the music shop don't pan out; they mark up from your asking price rather than taking a cut, which I like, and they can deal with the "offers" and the BS so I don't have to. I had the Juno on Craigslist for a bit and all I was getting was lowballed. Not sure I want to go the eBay / Reverb route yet, either.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldog View Post
Not sure I want to go the eBay / Reverb route yet, either.
If you're not desperate for the money, I wouldn't. Looks like a buyer's market right now. I listed my Dark Star well under the market price, and I've got no bites at all on it. Not even a lowball. (I know, it's not exactly a coveted synth, but they usually go pretty quickly, especially sub-$200 for an XP2.)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
If you're not desperate for the money, I wouldn't. Looks like a buyer's market right now. I listed my Dark Star well under the market price, and I've got no bites at all on it. Not even a lowball. (I know, it's not exactly a coveted synth, but they usually go pretty quickly, especially sub-$200 for an XP2.)
Not desperate for cash, really. I'm just looking to move some stuff I don't use to finance things I'll actually get use out of without having to tap (as much of) my own money. I'd rather try now than wait, since this self-isolation mess could drag on for months more... which just means it's going to get harder to sell for even a halfway decent price the longer I wait.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you're not using them in the studio, I'd vote ditching them. I had that dream myself ages ago of playing my material out live with hardware, but it was a nightmare transferring things over. You're really just better playing out with a controller hooked up to a laptop. Plus, isn't that kind of your comfort zone anyway? Hardware is kind of expensive just to have as a visual confirmation to the two audience members that know how it works.
(sorry Derp, meant to reply to this ages ago...)

believe me, i've definitely considered that. shortly after buying the TR-8S i was thinking "maybe i should have just bought a laptop instead".

i wanted to do something a little different though, to get myself in another mindset, it's certainly not just about "visual confirmation to the two audience members that know how it works". the TR-8S is basically something that i've waited twenty years to come out, pretty much ticks all the boxes in what i've wanted as far as capabilities and performance controls. it's an absolute joy to use.

another thing was that it's pretty much "all-in-one/small/portable" if i need/want it to be, with a laptop i'd still need to bring out an interface along with the APC40mkII and maybe even Maschine. most of the parties around here don't have much space to set up, so it'd be nice just to just hop in/out with the TR-8S (and maybe a TB-03, etc) without disturbing the DJ setup too much or having to waste a lot of time with setup/teardown.

it is a bit of work trying to prepare things for the TR-8S, but not too bad at all. the idea is to have "stripped down" versions of tracks to bang out live, don't really need to have it all be "just like the album" or whatever. just simple banging grooves and acid lines, similar to what they're already playing but with my own twist on it.

honestly, i should just produce and DJ my own tracks, but i don't think that would be as fun for me. that's sort of what i'm doing with the TR-8S though, while still being able to modify things a bit on the fly and have fun with it.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
honestly, i should just produce and DJ my own tracks, but i don't think that would be as fun for me. that's sort of what i'm doing with the TR-8S though, while still being able to modify things a bit on the fly and have fun with it.
That's the direction I'm leading as well. (Funnily enough, I just went through an Elektron phase because I wanted live dark techno). DJing isn't as sexy, but it's still pretty fun, I think. Plus if you're working in the DAW with a controller, there's still some live fun you can have to mix things up a bit.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search