The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What gear are you thinking about selling next, and why?
Old 30th March 2020
Lives for gear

you are both correct. None of the Akai MCP (the SOC InMusic uses) units have multitimbral MIDI input. When one gets it, they all get it. But no idea if and when its coming.

I'm thinking of selling my Wavestation SR once the Wavestate desktop drops. Also considering selling my Cali76 TX pedal, I can't really hear a meaningful difference between it and my UAD 1176 plugins. UA really nailed those 76 emulations.
Old 30th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I just skimmed the manual and found nothing about changing MIDI settings, just like in the X. I think Force is omni input only as well.
So MC-707 it is then for me.
Old 31st March 2020
Gear Head
You know how earlier I said that I was thinking about selling my Mono Evolver Keyboard?

I'm now selling it. Still need to get an eBay listing made up and get it packed. I'd rather sell to locals (anyone in Brisbane, Australia?) instead of pack this thing up, but who knows.

Damn me and my perpetual GAS!
Old 31st March 2020
Lives for gear

For a minute I was thinking of selling my Mirage keys for a Mirage rack + an SQ-80.

But that's just dumb. The obvious solution is to keep the Mirage keys, get the Mirage rack also, and get an SQ-80 keyboard.

The Mirage keys (DSK-8 with a Fatar keybed, Velocity but no AT) is perfectly fine for House pianos/etc. A bit clacky, but records fine.

I should know better by now.

The Mirage rack I want as a dedicated lo-fi Percussion sample source and mangler.

The keyboard version I have now is mostly used for clubby lofi to midfi pianos and pads.
Old 31st March 2020
Gear Maniac

Just got in touch with my local music shop about selling my Roland JP-08 and Juno DS-61 on consignment. Fingers crossed that I can get in the ballpark of what I want for 'em...
Old 31st March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldog View Post
Just got in touch with my local music shop about selling my Roland JP-08 and Juno DS-61 on consignment. Fingers crossed that I can get in the ballpark of what I want for 'em...
much better off putting an ad for the little JP08, that's an easy sale with low postage costs. small things are easy to sell, in a much wider area.
Old 31st March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
much better off putting an ad for the little JP08, that's an easy sale with low postage costs. small things are easy to sell, in a much wider area.
I'll try that if things with the music shop don't pan out; they mark up from your asking price rather than taking a cut, which I like, and they can deal with the "offers" and the BS so I don't have to. I had the Juno on Craigslist for a bit and all I was getting was lowballed. Not sure I want to go the eBay / Reverb route yet, either.
Old 31st March 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldog View Post
Not sure I want to go the eBay / Reverb route yet, either.
If you're not desperate for the money, I wouldn't. Looks like a buyer's market right now. I listed my Dark Star well under the market price, and I've got no bites at all on it. Not even a lowball. (I know, it's not exactly a coveted synth, but they usually go pretty quickly, especially sub-$200 for an XP2.)
Old 31st March 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
If you're not desperate for the money, I wouldn't. Looks like a buyer's market right now. I listed my Dark Star well under the market price, and I've got no bites at all on it. Not even a lowball. (I know, it's not exactly a coveted synth, but they usually go pretty quickly, especially sub-$200 for an XP2.)
Not desperate for cash, really. I'm just looking to move some stuff I don't use to finance things I'll actually get use out of without having to tap (as much of) my own money. I'd rather try now than wait, since this self-isolation mess could drag on for months more... which just means it's going to get harder to sell for even a halfway decent price the longer I wait.
Old 6th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you're not using them in the studio, I'd vote ditching them. I had that dream myself ages ago of playing my material out live with hardware, but it was a nightmare transferring things over. You're really just better playing out with a controller hooked up to a laptop. Plus, isn't that kind of your comfort zone anyway? Hardware is kind of expensive just to have as a visual confirmation to the two audience members that know how it works.
(sorry Derp, meant to reply to this ages ago...)

believe me, i've definitely considered that. shortly after buying the TR-8S i was thinking "maybe i should have just bought a laptop instead".

i wanted to do something a little different though, to get myself in another mindset, it's certainly not just about "visual confirmation to the two audience members that know how it works". the TR-8S is basically something that i've waited twenty years to come out, pretty much ticks all the boxes in what i've wanted as far as capabilities and performance controls. it's an absolute joy to use.

another thing was that it's pretty much "all-in-one/small/portable" if i need/want it to be, with a laptop i'd still need to bring out an interface along with the APC40mkII and maybe even Maschine. most of the parties around here don't have much space to set up, so it'd be nice just to just hop in/out with the TR-8S (and maybe a TB-03, etc) without disturbing the DJ setup too much or having to waste a lot of time with setup/teardown.

it is a bit of work trying to prepare things for the TR-8S, but not too bad at all. the idea is to have "stripped down" versions of tracks to bang out live, don't really need to have it all be "just like the album" or whatever. just simple banging grooves and acid lines, similar to what they're already playing but with my own twist on it.

honestly, i should just produce and DJ my own tracks, but i don't think that would be as fun for me. that's sort of what i'm doing with the TR-8S though, while still being able to modify things a bit on the fly and have fun with it.
Old 6th April 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
honestly, i should just produce and DJ my own tracks, but i don't think that would be as fun for me. that's sort of what i'm doing with the TR-8S though, while still being able to modify things a bit on the fly and have fun with it.
That's the direction I'm leading as well. (Funnily enough, I just went through an Elektron phase because I wanted live dark techno). DJing isn't as sexy, but it's still pretty fun, I think. Plus if you're working in the DAW with a controller, there's still some live fun you can have to mix things up a bit.
Old 17th April 2020
I know I said I wouldn't sell it, but I've been Jones-ing for a new Fantom for a while now. No more room for a giant 88-key ROMpler, so unfortunately, I think the Kronos Platinum 88 has to go. On the chopping block:

• Korg Kronos Platinum 88 w/WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs.
• Roland Integra-7???
• Yamaha FS1r???

Not sure what I can get for the Kronos, but all that should easily pay for a new Fantom. Damned I7 continues to disconnect from my iPad. Don't know what's with that. Not much fun to use without the iPad app. Don't really use the FS1r. Still deciding between the Fantom 6 or 7. Leaning toward the 7. It will be the first-tier "hero" keyboard right below the Quantum.
Old 17th April 2020
Lives for gear
Xv-5080 just sold, spare p2500 and mini brute 2s are listed now. P2500 is awesome but I not awesome enough to need two, and I am funding other purchases. My semi-modular empire never materialized yet, I had planned to have the matrixbrute the 2s the se-02 and the miniligue xd all patched together but I don’t have the patience for the 2s and it just sounds like the MB. I realized the number of voices is not really the issue.

If I can get 1100 or 1200 for all 3 together that helps with next thing, like an old fantom x6 or if I change my mind, I could just wait for new ideas.
Old 17th April 2020
Lives for gear

A few things on the chopping block currently:

* K1-m
* U-220

My Mirage covers my lofi keyboard and house piano needs well enough to do without the U-220 and K1-m. Am keeping my TX-7 to accompany and supplement the Mirage...

It's not a lot of space or value tied up in either the U-220 or the K1-m, but I just won't need them the more I think about it, and I have loads more things to buy, so: bye, felicia.
Old 17th April 2020
Lives for gear

I am likely to put my Polyend Seq up for sale. Bought it new from Sweetwater a year or so ago.
Love the interface for sequencing drums and for triggering samples. You'd be hard-pressed to find anything faster.

Very easy to come up with new/interesting patterns, but after being at home for a month and probably another 3 to 4 weeks more to go, it's harder to justify it as essential.

The hardware is beautiful, it feels great to use, the UI is really fast to get around and you do get spoiled having 2 MIDI outs plus USB available as destinations for a track.
Old 17th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
I sold my Korg M3m the other day and have Akai Miniak, Korg Prophecy, Roland JD-Xi and Yamaha RM1x on sale now. Sometimes you want to expand, sometimes reduce, and I need to focus right now and thus reduce. my Fantom 6 and MPC One have provided new perspectives to hardware-flow and self-containment, and I just want these and few helpers, which basically just will be samplesources for the MPC. Thus, my current dream is to end up with these units:
I'd keep the Miniak.
Miniak/Micron is a classic. Takes not much room, powerhouse, sounds great, and how much would one get for it ?

Old 17th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by time_zone View Post
I'd keep the Miniak.
Miniak/Micron is a classic. Takes not much room, powerhouse, sounds great, and how much would one get for it ?

Right now, Rm1x is gone, and I feel like keeping the rest of them. Stash them well out of sight but ready to serve if needed. First I pulled back Miniak. Then I got cold feets about JD-Xi, and now I do not know if I won't miss the Prophecy at some point. So much for my plans above. Better safe than sorry, though.
Old 17th April 2020
Call me stupid, ban me from Gearslutz, insult my mother and take my pudding away, but I'm on the fence to sell my "The River".
It was supposed to become my "final" synthesizer, the one to rule them all and make me stop thinking of others - but it's not.
It is a marvellous-sounding synth, no doubt, and it can do a lot of things. Well, I could do a lot of things with it if I took the time to dive deep into it, which I can't and don't want to, for several reasons. It causes me much more head-scratching than joy, and I find myself playing with the synths that I'm used to, that I know inside out and that give me instant sufficient results.
So off it goes.

Oh, and I have already sold my Jupiter-4. For different reasons of course...

Cheers,
Bert
Old 17th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinstrom View Post
Call me stupid, ban me from Gearslutz, insult my mother and take my pudding away, but I'm on the fence to sell my "The River".
It was supposed to become my "final" synthesizer, the one to rule them all and make me stop thinking of others - but it's not.
It is a marvellous-sounding synth, no doubt, and it can do a lot of things. Well, I could do a lot of things with it if I took the time to dive deep into it, which I can't and don't want to, for several reasons. It causes me much more head-scratching than joy, and I find myself playing with the synths that I'm used to, that I know inside out and that give me instant sufficient results.
So off it goes.

Oh, and I have already sold my Jupiter-4. For different reasons of course...

Cheers,
Bert
There is much to be said about having tools that you know well, that allow you to work quickly, and don't suck you into needless fiddling around or exploring rabbit holes, especially if your goal is to make music and compose complete songs.

I can make the case of keeping some difficult/abstract/obtuse gear around if the primary goal is complex/evolving soundscapes *and* those tools are the best in class for achieving that end.

That is one reason I am selling all my other specialized sequencers and solely using the QY700 and Koma Komplex(s).
Old 17th April 2020
Gear Guru

I'm getting more comfortable working around the limitations of the MPC-X, so it's staying. I had got an ESI-4000 Turbo to replace it, but I'm leaning heavily toward keeping both. I want to get back to building making my own loops in hardware, and with the right programming, the ESI can do some insane things to loop samples.

I do keep having thoughts of selling the other workstation (MPC1000, Virus TI2, Integra-7) because I'm not using them now and won't be for the forseeable future, but 1.) I'm not in need of the money 2.) They're not taking up an insane amount of space and 3.) I always end up buying a TI2 over again, so I can save money by just hanging on to it.

All in all, I think I'm getting closer to a setup that I'm content with. I was having a listen to some old songs/remixes I did and comparing them to more recent ones. The difference is pretty drastic, and I like that very much.
Old 17th April 2020
Thinking about selling my Modal 002r. Love it, but just finished a project and may want to go in a different direction for the next one.

edit: On second thought I can't sell this thing, it sounds way too special. It's not going anywhere.

Last edited by donato; 21st April 2020 at 07:11 PM..
Old 17th April 2020
Gear Nut
The Behringer Odyssey needs to go.

I like the sound of it, but I already have too many of these not-automatable no-presets clones, and the Odyssey needs way more space than the others.
Old 17th April 2020
Gear Addict

I am waiting for Superbooth Home Edition. Still hoping for some announcements... Then I will decide to sell a bunch of things, JP80 is one of them. Great synth but also great size
Old 18th April 2020
For the last 5 years, up until last 5 hours ago, I was going to sell my DSI Mopho Keys. I felt it's sound just wasn't for me. Haven't turned it on in years. Today I was testing it's condition so I could post an "for sale" message on a local second hand forum and something unexpected happened:

During those 5 years my taste for synth sounds seems to have changed somewhat. I got quite a few sounds out of the Mopho which I felt were very usable in my songs. I decided not to sell it and immediately added it in my permanent studio setup.
Old 18th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraku View Post
Today I was testing it's condition so I could post an "for sale" message on a local second hand forum and something unexpected happened...
I often find that synths sound their best while being tested just before the new buyer is to come and collect it, or it's just about to be packed up and sent off to its new owner.

This seems to particularly apply to the JP-6 of which I have bought and sold three over the years.
Old 23rd April 2020
Gear Guru

I just listed my Hypnosis. It's an awesome piece of gear, but I just don't have anything that would really benefit from it.

Last edited by Derp; 23rd April 2020 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Englisch
Old 23rd April 2020
Lives for gear

I bought a brand new Boomstar 8106 MKII only a couple months ago, and it sounds amazing and all, but I also ended up impulsively getting a System-1M, System 8, and PRO3 afterwards. The only reason I'm selling the Boomstar now is because of feelings of guilt. I feel like I must sacrifice the Boomstar to restore balance or something. This behavior is pretty weird now that I think about it.
Old 23rd April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
I bought a brand new Boomstar 8106 MKII only a couple months ago, and it sounds amazing and all, but I also ended up impulsively getting a System-1M, System 8, and PRO3 afterwards. The only reason I'm selling the Boomstar now is because of feelings of guilt. I feel like I must sacrifice the Boomstar to restore balance or something. This behavior is pretty weird now that I think about it.
Respectfully, have you considered:

Dump the 1m since you have the 8. Keep the 8106.

An 8106 is cooler than a 1m, anyway, no?

More variety. Same options, basically.

Curious about that choice.

(No criticism)
Old 23rd April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Respectfully, have you considered:

Dump the 1m since you have the 8. Keep the 8106.

An 8106 is cooler than a 1m, anyway, no?

More variety. Same options, basically.

Curious about that choice.

(No criticism)
I initially thought I'd feel that way too, but I'm just finding the Roland ACB technology more useful for my needs. I like the patch memory, the ability to automate things via midi, all the FX, and the tone control that really helps place things where I want in the mix (the Boomstar requires additional processing imo).

I was planning on picking up the System 100 plugout to keep it loaded in the System 1-M, and to keep all the 8-voice poly plugouts in the System 8. I'm really quite pleased by all the power these two relatively compact/light pieces add to my rig.

I definitely want to keep these two pieces so it's kind of a pragmatic decision I guess.
Old 23rd April 2020
Gear Nut

Going to sell my MXR Stereo Chorus. Took me some time to find out it isn't a true stereo chorus really but I had a feeling of something with the sound isn't right sooner. It's a nice analog chorus but not the type of chorus I want.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search