The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What gear are you thinking about selling next, and why?
Old 19th March 2020
  #991
Lives for gear
Kept procrastinating on doing the Craigslist ads ... and now the Bay Area is in lockdown mode (as it should be).

Still definitely going:
Volca Keys, Volca Bass, D-05, Deepmind 12, Roland SP-606, TC tube mic, v-drum pads

Still possibly going, but torn:
Yamaha Reface CP, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak, TC Triple Delay, SP-505

Saved, will use, no sell:
JD-990 with Vintage Synth card

Since life is now on hold over here, this will all have to wait until civilization returns...
Old 19th March 2020
  #992
Gear Addict
 
channelite's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by percussion boy View Post
Kept procrastinating on doing the Craigslist ads ... and now the Bay Area is in lockdown mode (as it should be).

Still definitely going:
Volca Keys, Volca Bass, D-05, Deepmind 12, Roland SP-606, TC tube mic, v-drum pads

Still possibly going, but torn:
Yamaha Reface CP, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak, TC Triple Delay, SP-505

Saved, will use, no sell:
JD-990 with Vintage Synth card

Since life is now on hold over here, this will all have to wait until civilization returns...
I don’t really miss my Korg Volca Bass. I do regret selling the Volca Sample.
Old 20th March 2020
  #993
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussion boy View Post
Kept procrastinating on doing the Craigslist ads ... and now the Bay Area is in lockdown mode (as it should be).

Still definitely going:
Volca Keys, Volca Bass, D-05, Deepmind 12, Roland SP-606, TC tube mic, v-drum pads

Still possibly going, but torn:
Yamaha Reface CP, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak, TC Triple Delay, SP-505

Saved, will use, no sell:
JD-990 with Vintage Synth card

Since life is now on hold over here, this will all have to wait until civilization returns...
I’d keep the CP for holidays etc (but then again I cant live without having keys / a piano close by :P)
Old 20th March 2020
  #994
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by channelite View Post
I don’t really miss my Korg Volca Bass. I do regret selling the Volca Sample.
My Volca Sample’s not going anywhere.
Old 20th March 2020
  #995
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDisco View Post
I’d keep the CP for holidays etc (but then again I cant live without having keys / a piano close by :P)
I don’t happen to like the velocity curve on the CP’s built-in keyboard—which can’t be changed afaik. This is totally a matter of personal taste—it’s a nice little instrument. But kind of unwieldy for my little apartment if it’s only used as a module.

An ipad, a keystep, and a Korg Module wurly ... that’s my tiny piano. With the newer ipads there’s no latency in Module any more... the thing feels like an instrument now.
Old 20th March 2020
  #996
Lives for gear
 
astraeus000's Avatar
 

I've had my Waldorf XTk on Craigslist forever. I was hoping some magical person was going to offer a sweet trade deal towards a Emulator 2, but I got nothing. And EII prices continue to rise.
Old 20th March 2020
  #997
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by percussion boy View Post
My Volca Sample’s not going anywhere.
Mine, either.
Old 20th March 2020
  #998
Lives for gear
 
pounce's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraeus000 View Post
I've had my Waldorf XTk on Craigslist forever. I was hoping some magical person was going to offer a sweet trade deal towards a Emulator 2, but I got nothing. And EII prices continue to rise.
I’ve had my Moog Source for sale for a while now. I’m sure the state of the world right now isn’t helping anything sell. The synth is so good I thought it would be snatched up right away.
Old 20th March 2020
  #999
Gear Nut
 

Thinking of selling my Juno 60. I could use the money since lots of my gigs got cancelled.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1000
Lives for gear
 
Mastropiero's Avatar
I'm currently selling my Yamaha SY22. I have other FM synths and need to make room (my current studio is smaller than 4 m2).

I will probably sell the Roland SP-808Ex (don't need DJ tools anymore) and the BCR2000 (it's too big for the desktop).

I'm also waiting for some Behringer products. If the UB-Xa or the DS-80 are really good, I'll get rid of the GliGli Prophet-600 too. One VCO-based poly is enough for me.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1001
Lives for gear
 
jbuonacc's Avatar
finally got around to putting in a transfer request/authorization, i'm selling off most all of my Native Instruments synths/fx/etc (Komplete 12, Kore 2, extra Maschine license, and some other synths/fx). love most all of it, but i just never use them. i had to buy a new audio interface (MOTU M4), so i figure this should cover the cost of that along with Arturia V Collection 7 (again, had V6 previously but sold it) and maybe some extra. might try out Roland Cloud finally.

still have Maschine 2.x (with original controller), Reaktor 6, and a few other licenses. will probably buy back most all of them again some time, i do really like most of their stuff.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1002
Lives for gear
 
time_zone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWagner View Post
Just sold my Roland TR-09 with little profit. That thing was nice to look at and fun to play but I just didn't like the minijack and usb connection.
lol ... "nice to look at and fun to play".

Yep you did the right thing selling it.

Old 20th March 2020
  #1003
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Mine, either.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1004
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero View Post
I'm also waiting for some Behringer products. If the UB-Xa or the DS-80 are really good, I'll get rid of the GliGli Prophet-600 too. One VCO-based poly is enough for me.
Funny you mention that. Friend of mine just listed his GliGli P600 because of the Prophet-800 announcement. He did the same thing with his Pro One when the Bro 1 was announced, and he's been in hog heaven.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1005
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by time_zone View Post
lol ... "nice to look at and fun to play".

Yep you did the right thing selling it.

It's not that outlandish. I liked to look at and play with the Digitone/Digitakt, but there was enough little things that I didn't like to where it became more of a frustration than a joy to play them. With the abundance of instruments and workflows these days, why settle for less than perfection when it wastes valuable studio time?
Old 20th March 2020
  #1006
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Heck, I occasionally pass on a piece of gear over its livery not meeting my exceptionally narrow standards.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1007
Lives for gear
 
Mastropiero's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Funny you mention that. Friend of mine just listed his GliGli P600 because of the Prophet-800 announcement. He did the same thing with his Pro One when the Bro 1 was announced, and he's been in hog heaven.
I'm not getting a Pro-800. No keyboard, no buy.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1008
Lives for gear
I have too much stuff going unused for months now.

Going, going...

Studiologic Acuna 76
Akai MPC1000 w/ pad upgrade
Akai EWI USB
Slim Phatty
Matrix1000
VFX SD
Arturia Keylab MkII 61
EMU MP7
Privia PX-5S
Digital Systems MX-8
Geddy Lee Fender Jazz
ExpressionMate

Undecided:

BCR
BCF
MODX7
VoiceLive 3
Beat Buddy
Old 20th March 2020
  #1009
Lives for gear
 
digital 1010's Avatar
Sold my system 1m and Behringer model D this week and posted out the door as fast as I could and hope they’ve gone to good homes for lockdown and the buyers enjoy them.
Old 20th March 2020
  #1010
Lives for gear
 
mpresev's Avatar
I'm such a gearslut.

I have a humble little corner studio in our room.

Roland TR8 Drum Machine
Roland MX1 Mixer
Roland TB03
Elektron A4 MK1 Desktop
Behringer Crave
Berhinger Odyssey.


For fun, I would get rid of the A4 and Ody and Crave for the Sequential Pro 3.

or?

Get rid of the Ody, Crave to acquire Behringer 2600.

Perfect situation? A4, Crave, Ody are out and in are Behringer 2600 and PRO 3
Old 20th March 2020
  #1011
Deleted c09534f
Guest
Sold my mc 707 , still have a mc101 which I prefer , debating what to get next , looking at a digitone
Old 23rd March 2020
  #1012
Lives for gear
 
JPogo's Avatar
Just occurs to me that prices are likely to start dropping over the course of this year, as unemployment drives millions to make tough financial decisions. I'd say if you're going to sell, do it now
Old 23rd March 2020
  #1013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPogo View Post
Just occurs to me that prices are likely to start dropping over the course of this year, as unemployment drives millions to make tough financial decisions. I'd say if you're going to sell, do it now
Sadly true for so many reasons, pubs and clubs closed, weddings cancelled, bedroom producers losing full-time jobs, part-time musicians not being able to afford studio time, share portfolios wiped out. It's gonna be tough out there.
Old 23rd March 2020
  #1014
Lives for gear
 
Shadowkast's Avatar
 

Getting rid of some redundant bass and dj gear to buy a Waldorf STVC and Modal Argon8.
Old 23rd March 2020
  #1015
Lives for gear
No rush here, but I'll certainly end selling my 3 Boutiques (SH-01A, TR-08 and SE-02) to fund a little modular. Need to save a bit too.
Considering several options such as Verbos, Serge eurorack, Pittsburg Modular Lifeform Votltage Lab...
Old 23rd March 2020
  #1016
I've got a Korg ESX, D550 and a variety of pedals I need to throw up on reverb. They just aren't getting used likely ever. I'm considering selling the MKS50 too.
Old 24th March 2020
  #1017
Gear Addict
 
vekter303's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPogo View Post
Just occurs to me that prices are likely to start dropping over the course of this year, as unemployment drives millions to make tough financial decisions. I'd say if you're going to sell, do it now
On the other hand, plenty of sales on various sites as people look to shop away the scary...
Old 24th March 2020
  #1018
Gear Head
Have my Alpha Juno 2 up for sale atm to fund an MKS-50. Just don't have the room for the keyboard, but love the sound.
Old 24th March 2020
  #1019
Lives for gear
 
jiffybox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted c09534f View Post
Sold my mc 707 , still have a mc101 which I prefer , debating what to get next , looking at a digitone
Selling my 707, too. I’m really actually enjoying the immediacy of the 101. Just picked up a Digitone too and the 101 and DT are a powerful and great sounding combo. You can kind of do it all with those two and they’re small and portable but deep. Go for it!
Old 25th March 2020
  #1020
Lives for gear
 
JPogo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vekter303 View Post
On the other hand, plenty of sales on various sites as people look to shop away the scary...
Speaking of which, I just discovered that one major US retailer has dropped the price on Arturia's V Collection by 50% for the next two weeks -- little more than $10 per (virtual) synth.

"Honey, I know what I want for my birthday present!" -- "Go ahead, dear"
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump