The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What gear are you thinking about selling next, and why?
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
Squarp Pyramid.
Never been used. Dealing with family problems completely left me 0 time to explore this machine.
Sorry to hear it.
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel99 View Post
I’m getting rid of. Memorymoog, Apr Quadra, MacBeth M5N, Korg Mono/poly and maybe some other stuff. Sold a Korg DSS1 last week and my 909 on eBay yesterday.

The rest goes in storage while I trip around the world for a bit. Kinda feels good to clear out and move on...
Going to bring some tiny mobiles on the trip?
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24dB View Post
Going to bring some tiny mobiles on the trip?
Yeah, I’ve got an OP-1 that I’d like to spend more time with and maybe I’ll grab an OPZ as well (I was given an oplab interface for it so what not?).

There be a laptop also, so back in the box for me. OP-1 is fully integrated into Ableton live for mapping samples and also as a control surface so that should have me covered and light-weight.

I still have a metric ton of old junkers and racks of synths and effects for when I get back.
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel99 View Post
Yeah, I’ve got an OP-1 that I’d like to spend more time with and maybe I’ll grab an OPZ as well (I was given an oplab interface for it so what not?).

There be a laptop also, so back in the box for me. OP-1 is fully integrated into Ableton live for mapping samples and also as a control surface so that should have me covered and light-weight.

I still have a metric ton of old junkers and racks of synths and effects for when I get back.
Same, I take my OP-1 everywhere, great little travel unit. I like to think that it fell out of a tiny wormhole from the future, a future where everyone speaks fluent bovine and lives in a LED world.
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Sorry to hear it.
Thanks.
Live not always goes where we want
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

If possible, I'd like to sell my brain and replace it with a much younger version, but not lose any of the knowledge already in-situ.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind selling my arms for new fingers and arm muscles, sinews, tendons, bones, but without losing any of my existing "muscle memory"

If that's not possible, is there an app for it?
Old 1st March 2020
Lives for gear

Just sold Integra 7. Incredible synth! I used it for one song in a year+ I owned it.

Next I put up my MODX (my last hardware synth) for sale locally (not even gonna bother shipping a gargantuan keyboard). Fantastic keyboard! Used it on 2 songs since I bought it.

Why?

I hate hardware. Hate turning it on, awkwardly scrolling through menus, clicking physical buttons, knobs, hate bouncing MIDI. Hate to turn on everything, seek patches by scrolling endlessly through a stupid touch screen whenever I have to change something/rebounce. Love their sounds but I hate their workflow more.

Synths these days should be fully integrated DSP boxes like UAD or something and work like external VSTi plugins.
Old 1st March 2020
Gear Maniac
Roland mks-50, no use
Old 1st March 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Greg View Post
Love their sounds but I hate their workflow more.
Same here! What are we gonna do about it to not miss the sound? Didn't find a solution yet. There are great software synthesizers nowadays which can replace the analog ones but regarding drum machinesI don't know any.
Old 3rd March 2020
Lives for gear

After a recent monosynth clear out (with the exception of the Blue Lantern DwarfStar that's still here), I was struck by yet another crazy thought --

I really haven't been using the PPG 2.3 or Latronic Notron sequencer much.

Sure, I love the blueness of them and I know there's nothing out there that would ever duplicate their sound/functionality, and I know if they go I'd never be able to afford to buy them back, but still - they are taking up space, not doing anything, hmmm.
Old 3rd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
After a recent monosynth clear out (with the exception of the Blue Lantern DwarfStar that's still here), I was struck by yet another crazy thought --

I really haven't been using the PPG 2.3 or Latronic Notron sequencer much.

Sure, I love the blueness of them and I know there's nothing out there that would ever duplicate their sound/functionality, and I know if they go I'd never be able to afford to buy them back, but still - they are taking up space, not doing anything, hmmm.
I'll take the PPG off your hands, it's the least I could do...
Old 3rd March 2020
Gear Addict

I need mobility in my setup

I saw it more when i got my ipad

the ipad has opened up another world to me
i used to be just pc and hardware but now i want to be laptop and ipad and "some" hardware

that said selling the akai force and roland tr8 s
Old 3rd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24dB View Post
I'll take the PPG off your hands, it's the least I could do...
That's why I love this place - the camaraderie, the willingness to jump in and help out a friend in need.
Old 3rd March 2020
Gear Guru

Thinking about selling my MPC5000 and upgrading to an MPC X. There's a lot of features of the 5000 that I don't use because they're a little clunky, and the X looks like it's a bit more user-friendly in those departments.
Old 3rd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Thinking about selling my MPC5000 and upgrading to an MPC X. There's a lot of features of the 5000 that I don't use because they're a little clunky, and the X looks like it's a bit more user-friendly in those departments.
The X is dope. Do eeet.
Old 3rd March 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
The X is dope. Do eeet.
I'm glancing through the manual and sporting chub. Per-patch insert effects like on the Fantom G? YES, PLEASE! I think this is what I should have bought instead of those Elektron boxes. I lurve my MPC's.
Old 11th March 2020
PES
Lives for gear

MatrixBrute

Not actually considering (yet?), but a thought I never imagined has appeared:

Selling the MatrixBrute.

It’s located in my secondary home as the only synth, and as I’m going there for a few days I’m thinking I should bring the Minibrute 2 along. It’s like a condensed MxB that I just get stuff done with, as opposed to the MxB where I get distracted by all the features and the possibility to save patches. Nothing but pointless Duo-Split noodling where I come up with no new ideas.

My theoretical dream synth, both in features and sound. But that MB2...
Old 11th March 2020
Gear Head
I'm considering selling my DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard and getting a Sequential Pro3 instead.
Old 11th March 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Greg View Post
Just sold Integra 7 . . .
I've been eyeing my I7 lately as well. Really hard to sell since its new MAP has gone up so high ($1,749), but I never really use it. The only reason to sell the I7 is to finance a new Fantom 6 or 7. Never use the FS1r either.

• Roland Integra-7
• Yamaha FS1r
• ???

So, likely near $1,000 for my like-new I7 with WiFi dongle. About the same for the FSR1. So, as much as $2K towards a new Fantom 6. Probably something else I'm not using that I'm forgetting.

For those keeping score: Finally sold my Montage 7 for exactly what I bought a white Montage 6. Definitely keeping the System-8 since I've re-discovered what a nice machine it is now that I have it hooked up my new Roland MX-1. The Prophet-6, also previously mentioned, I'm definitely keeping. It's also hard to rationalize selling gear that you got such killer deals on (almost everything), so there's that.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

A behringer Model D and Roland System 1M with sh101 plugout, hit me up if UK based

Selling as dont really use them or like them. Money will go towards an elektron cycles and korg wavestate as they look fun.
Old 11th March 2020
Lives for gear

Juno 60 that was my first analog poly. Realised I was keeping it more for aesthetics than I was using it.

Was planning on letting the Jupiter 6 go too, but then I fixed a long-standing issue with it and I'm back to enjoying it again. Not sure I'll have room for it when I move house in a couple of years time but no harm in keeping it until then.
Old 19th March 2020
Gear Guru

I've gotta stop thinking I need to 'revitalize' my perfectly functioning workflow or add whole other workstations.

On the chopping block:
Digitone, Digitakt, MPC-X (though to be fair, if these go, they're going to be returns)
SampleTrak, KP3, MPC5000, Darkstar XP2, AR12, Hypnosis, VM3100, VS890

From here on out, it's just going to be modular, Fantom, MPC, Virus, and Integra, plus their essentials (guitar stuff, mixers, recording, etc.)

Last edited by Derp; 19th March 2020 at 09:50 PM..
Old 19th March 2020
Gear Addict

Have found a buyer for both my TS-206 Tom machines.
With still have the TS-305 drum machine.
My Korg Volca Drum has replaced much of my old analog drums,
except my TT-78 (which isn't old)
Old 19th March 2020
Lives for gear
Kept procrastinating on doing the Craigslist ads ... and now the Bay Area is in lockdown mode (as it should be).

Still definitely going:
Volca Keys, Volca Bass, D-05, Deepmind 12, Roland SP-606, TC tube mic, v-drum pads

Still possibly going, but torn:
Yamaha Reface CP, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak, TC Triple Delay, SP-505

Saved, will use, no sell:
JD-990 with Vintage Synth card

Since life is now on hold over here, this will all have to wait until civilization returns...
Old 19th March 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussion boy View Post
Kept procrastinating on doing the Craigslist ads ... and now the Bay Area is in lockdown mode (as it should be).

Still definitely going:
Volca Keys, Volca Bass, D-05, Deepmind 12, Roland SP-606, TC tube mic, v-drum pads

Since life is now on hold over here, this will all have to wait until civilization returns...
I don’t really miss my Korg Volca Bass. I do regret selling the Volca Sample.
Old 20th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Still definitely going:

I’d keep the CP for holidays etc (but then again I cant live without having keys / a piano close by :P)
Old 20th March 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by channelite View Post
I don’t really miss my Korg Volca Bass. I do regret selling the Volca Sample.
My Volca Sample’s not going anywhere.
Old 20th March 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidDisco View Post
I’d keep the CP for holidays etc (but then again I cant live without having keys / a piano close by :P)
I don’t happen to like the velocity curve on the CP’s built-in keyboard—which can’t be changed afaik. This is totally a matter of personal taste—it’s a nice little instrument. But kind of unwieldy for my little apartment if it’s only used as a module.

An ipad, a keystep, and a Korg Module wurly ... that’s my tiny piano. With the newer ipads there’s no latency in Module any more... the thing feels like an instrument now.
Old 20th March 2020
Lives for gear

I've had my Waldorf XTk on Craigslist forever. I was hoping some magical person was going to offer a sweet trade deal towards a Emulator 2, but I got nothing. And EII prices continue to rise.
Old 20th March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
My Volca Sample’s not going anywhere.
Mine, either.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search