The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
What gear are you thinking about selling next, and why?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
but you keep telling us how you've bashed your credit card again. nobody could keep up with that amount of purchases.
I dont use credit cards, its all strictly sexual favours and baked goods!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

thinking about selling a soul to raise money for new shiny MC-707.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have two ada8000s both with the preamps bypassed (1/4" jacks -> converters via resistors). Why:I only need one anymore.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe View Post
A year and a half later my Squarp Pyramid is still for sale. The store had it in a nice display for a while, but the last time I went in they had shoved it to the back of a glass case on a shelf about knee high. It’s a doorstop. A boutique imported doorstop.

I decided to sell our Roland A500 pro (we got an OB-6 and don’t need the keys anymore) and my wife’s TC Voicelive3 that literally never got used (the UI is a pita). I think those will sell pretty quickly.
If you really want to sell your squarp, try reverb.com. List it for what you want, offers will come in. I’ll be sold a lot faster.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

A Keystep: it seemed useful about 5 or 6 bouts of GAS ago

A Kawai K4r: Bought another as my original unit had no rack ears and a blemish on the screen that made my face tic

A Behringer ADA8200: Was part of setup into a Focusrite before ungrading to a mixer...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I dont use credit cards, its all strictly sexual favours and baked goods!
Nana Banana Bread is better than sex, always

Now, I did a huge purge a year to year and half ago prior to moving back up to Lake Erie, thinned the herd majorly, and have been a slutty pig last few months showering myself with rewards for my cat and I actually doing this, so the never used because I hate interface Alesis Micron needs to go.

I held onto to it because I sold the Ion, which the Micron has its internals and more but I just ....hate....its interface and I don’t want an editor, I’m over it, so what I’ve decided to do, my best friend has an 8 year old son into music and plan to gift him around Saturnalia the micron, some old headphones to keep him out of trouble.

Last edited by namnibor; 1 week ago at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Siri is into cooking sherry
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I was considering selling a perfectly healthy child to finance some gear purchases, but much to my GAS's dismay kidnapping and human trafficking are frowned upon.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I absolutely love my reface but feel its a bit limited. Should I sell it and buy a Digitone?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I have too many keybeds and only a 8' x 10' room for everything.

Need to sell at least 3 to achieve a semblance of sanity.

-My old YT tutorial making Blofeld keyboard (wore out the encoder under the display right hand side,
bought a bag of new encoders in 2016, but my round2it is broke.)

-My day to day Blofeld keyboard (after 5 years all Blofelds are booted out of the lab and are in storage,
this one I bought used, and is in pretty decent shape)

-Roland JX-8P (bought in 2012, I suck at programming it, snubbed it and stored it. Bought a new tact
switch for Number 1 button from Syntaur. Round2it is broken).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Debating selling my Analog 4. I've used it quite a bit and have a reasonable understanding of its structure now. The raw tone is pretty dull and it always feels like hard work to get it sounding pleasant or interesting. Even though it's right in front of me on the desk I don't really feel like using it much. Should I give up or persist? I think I might prefer more immediate pleasure from my synths and I can hear the Argon8 whispering my name
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAF Vu Master View Post
I have too many keybeds and only a 8' x 10' room for everything.

Need to sell at least 3 to achieve a semblance of sanity.

-My old YT tutorial making Blofeld keyboard (wore out the encoder under the display right hand side,
bought a bag of new encoders in 2016, but my round2it is broke.)

-My day to day Blofeld keyboard (after 5 years all Blofelds are booted out of the lab and are in storage,
this one I bought used, and is in pretty decent shape)

-Roland JX-8P (bought in 2012, I suck at programming it, snubbed it and stored it. Bought a new tact
switch for Number 1 button from Syntaur. Round2it is broken).
which is your favourite instrument out of curiosity?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I'd have to say Vermona perFOURmer at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindin View Post
which is your favourite instrument out of curiosity?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
I was considering selling a perfectly healthy child to finance some gear purchases, but much to my GAS's dismay kidnapping and human trafficking are frowned upon.
Hmmn, tough break...

If its an active child they can be used as a CV controller.

Noisy child...then a makeshift FX unit at a push. I find the distortion setting to be workable. All is not lost!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

My quest for something to just do sample manipulation/mangling went from the old MPCs (60,3000,5000) to the Emus (Emulator II, Emax) to the Fairlight then to the Octatrack, and finally to the Gotharman LD3.

The LD3 is great at crunching up/destroying samples and for adding an edge to drum sounds especially. It also does well for playing back samples straight, but for what I wanted to do (time stretching, pitch shifting), it was a little more fiddly and less immediate than the Octatrack. However, all the other stuff (that I rarely made use of on the OT as well) was faster and easier - the LD3 sequencer is very flexible, the sampling/chopping is really quick, and the touch screen made it all fast to navigate. The extra graphics and clear choices meant a lot less menu diving.

However, just like with the OT, I found myself using less than half of the on-board functionality, so it's being sold. My current replacement is a 'dedicated' VST - SpaceCraft, running in a minimal VST host on a touch tablet. That's the only thing running on there - no DAW, no Internet, no MS Office. I do have the Eventide Emote software there in case I really need to tweak the H9000 remotely, but it's rarely running.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I went through a sell-off already. Not much left to sell.
About a dozen keyboards/modules/desktops left, and not much I'm interested in buying anymore either.
Not sure if I've finally got the right setup or just don't have as much interest in it nowadays.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by felis View Post
I went through a sell-off already. Not much left to sell.
About a dozen keyboards/modules/desktops left, and not much I'm interested in buying anymore either.
Not sure if I've finally got the right setup or just don't have as much interest in it nowadays.
One thing I've noticed is that as time goes on and I have less vintage gear, my emotional attachment to the newer stuff is not nearly as strong. In the past, deciding to sell a Prophet 5 (for example) was a big deal and there was a lot of internal struggle.

With the newer gear, I can decide if it's working or not in my setup without any emotional baggage attached to the decision.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Guitar pedals. Need to clear some stuff out
Old 1 week ago
Juno 106 - I never use it
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Currently in the middle of clearing out gear. The MS-20 kit version is already listed locally, and I'm considering downsizing from my Voyager RME.

I made the wrong decision keeping the Voyager over the MG-1, even though I had no space for keyboards at the time. The MG-1 had that sizzle the Voyager lacked, and I can hear that sizzle in the current Moog offerings, as well as the Boog and SE-02 if I want to go cheaper.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolationBlvd View Post
Currently in the middle of clearing out gear. The MS-20 kit version is already listed locally, and I'm considering downsizing from my Voyager RME.

I made the wrong decision keeping the Voyager over the MG-1, even though I had no space for keyboards at the time. The MG-1 had that sizzle the Voyager lacked, and I can hear that sizzle in the current Moog offerings, as well as the Boog and SE-02 if I want to go cheaper.
Are you talking about the Radio Shack Concertmate MG-1? You actually would sell a Moog Voyager and keep the Concertmate MG-1? I had one back in the early 80s. Bought it. Played with it for a while and got tired of it quickly. Don't even remember what I did with it. If you want another one, it shouldn't be hard to find one.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxman12 View Post
Are you talking about the Radio Shack Concertmate MG-1? You actually would sell a Moog Voyager and keep the Concertmate MG-1? I had one back in the early 80s. Bought it. Played with it for a while and got tired of it quickly. Don't even remember what I did with it. If you want another one, it shouldn't be hard to find one.
Yep, the Radio Shack Moog. I bought mine broken to fix and flip, I never had any intention of keeping it. In the end, it wasn't just space, it was the MG-1's limitations, that tipped me in favor of keeping the Voyager.

After a night with the Voyager, I'm thinking I could only replace it with a Grandmother or Matriarch. If the latter, then the SH-101 and a few guitars and basses will be on their way out too, to fund a System-500...yeah, I think I'll just pocket the cash. I don't need to go down another rabbit hole. Though I will probably get a Neutron to provide the extra envelopes and noise generator the Grandmother is missing.

Last edited by DesolationBlvd; 1 week ago at 01:25 AM..
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

I'm debating selling my Fantom G and MPC5000. They're great sampling machines, but more and more, I'm feeling that Renoise is becoming an adequate replacement for them. I've gotta meditate a bit on this one, though. I might stick them in a closet for a couple months and see how well I do without them.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Just sold or selling a bunch of things

Korg stage echo, great sound but I like to play my delays so I'm getting a mimeophon
Digitakt, digitone swapping for deluge and Modx

I wanted to change things up a bit
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search