The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lovekrafty's new album...
Old 14th October 2015
  #1
Lovekrafty's new album...

...is simply sublime.
I've been listening to it every day during research time (thesis) and it just puts me in the perfect space to relax and get **** done. The synthesizers sound huge and warm, and the melodies are really spaced out. So good. Just thought I'd share...
Old 14th October 2015
  #2
Lives for gear
 

10 minutes in feels like I'm in the middle of a nice movie love scene.

Seriously good stuff here. Quality across the board.

@ lovekrafty - I hope this is selling for you. How's it going so far? Good response on Bandcamp? Feel free to PM me if you want the reply private.

Meanwhile I'll keep listening.
Old 14th October 2015
  #3
Yep ; i really dig what s this guy s doing … Always a very emotional stuff with those textures he creates ; Really analogue and vibrating … Warm stories … Love your stuff lovekrafty … and it seems i m not the only one


PEACE


MORDICUS
Old 14th October 2015
  #4
Lives for gear
 
schmuck's Avatar
thanks for the pointer. just skipping through it and finding some very cool stuff. The piano piece around 20 mins reminds me of evil dead and grouper. dope. lovely name, too Will have to listen to this properly
Old 15th October 2015
  #5
Gear Addict
 
weirdfishee's Avatar
 

Yes lk's stuff is indeed sublime..and crucially not only do you have all the incredible sound design but i think its the really strong ear for melody he has underneath it all that seals the deal for me. I mean..i think even if it was just him at a piano the album would be as equally beautiful. Really looking forward to owning the new album in high quality through bandcamp when it lands
Old 15th October 2015
  #6
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
yep had quite a few listens loving his work from day one, the Polivoks sounds good..
Old 16th October 2015
  #7
LoveKrafty's music on Phylum Records

Just a quick note, Love Krafty will be releasing this and more on Phylum Records soon!

Noah Richardson

https://phylumrecords.bandcamp.com/music
Old 16th October 2015
  #8
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
...is simply sublime.
I've been listening to it every day during research time (thesis) and it just puts me in the perfect space to relax and get **** done. The synthesizers sound huge and warm, and the melodies are really spaced out. So good. Just thought I'd share...
Wow sublime eh? Well that is truly an honor for my music to be described
As that, thanks and glad people are enjoying my new release.

As Noah stated it will be released shortly on Phylum
Meaning high quality 44.1 24 bit FLAC downloads on bandcamp

Anyway just wanted to pop my head in and say thanks for the kind
Words
Old 16th October 2015
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Holy cow, this is really good. I am a really persnickity music listener and this satisfies on so many levels. Super lush tones, melodic intelligence, emotional weight...
vibes so hard. Well done sir. Have reposted elsewhere with enthusiastic recommendation.
Old 17th October 2015
  #10
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlvoltage View Post
Holy cow, this is really good. I am a really persnickity music listener and this satisfies on so many levels. Super lush tones, melodic intelligence, emotional weight...
vibes so hard. Well done sir. Have reposted elsewhere with enthusiastic recommendation.
Thank you
Old 8th November 2015
  #11
LoveKrafty's music on Phylum Records

We are proud to present LoveKrafty- "Ghost" on Phylum Records

https://lovekrafty9.bandcamp.com/album/ghost

"A gorgeous, sometimes haunting and deeply personal solo album by LoveKrafty. Ambience, space, future and past, all in one here. This is an excellent example of futurist music, ready to come out into the light."

Noah,
Phylum Records
Old 8th December 2015
  #12
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

thanks Noah and Phylum for signing me up
Hopefully this album will be next up in lossless format.


Hey everyone ......Just wanted to share a new track with with everyone
For those who may be interested, a bit different from the usual LK stuff

This ones clean but still chock fullo analog goodness

Happy Holidays, this ones called "Bloom"


Last edited by lovekrafty; 9th December 2015 at 01:15 AM..
Old 9th December 2015
  #13
Lives for gear
 
NuG3nda's Avatar
 

Wow just listening to your record now ...someone said it spot on :: Super lush tones, melodic intelligence, emotional weight. .I´ll add deep and cinematic to that description ..

So whats in your studio? the album sounds so vintage (very nice execution on the whole production, did you mix /master yourself?) ..& care to direct me to your place in the studio pic thread ...what are you using for verbs? .. those tails sparkle
Superb stuff,.. how are sales? are you gigging? are you making a living of this ...cause you should be! have you tried applying your talent towards movie soundtrack$?
Old 9th December 2015
  #14
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuG3nda View Post
Wow just listening to your record now ...someone said it spot on :: Super lush tones, melodic intelligence, emotional weight. .I´ll add deep and cinematic to that description ..

So whats in your studio? the album sounds so vintage (very nice execution on the whole production, did you mix /master yourself?) ..& care to direct me to your place in the studio pic thread ...what are you using for verbs? .. those tails sparkle
Superb stuff,.. how are sales? are you gigging? are you making a living of this ...cause you should be! have you tried applying your talent towards movie soundtrack$?
Wow that's a lot of questions, it,s getting late here in the UK
But I,ll post some answers to those questions over the next few days
Glad you are enjoying it.
Old 10th December 2015
  #15
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuG3nda View Post
Wow just listening to your record now ...someone said it spot on :: Super lush tones, melodic intelligence, emotional weight. .I´ll add deep and cinematic to that description ..

So whats in your studio? the album sounds so vintage (very nice execution on the whole production, did you mix /master yourself?) ..& care to direct me to your place in the studio pic thread ...what are you using for verbs? .. those tails sparkle
Superb stuff,.. how are sales? are you gigging? are you making a living of this ...cause you should be! have you tried applying your talent towards movie soundtrack$?
Ok I'll give it a shot

So whats in my studio?

Lots of ****

scanning around the room
TR-808
TR-909
TR-606 Alien Devices Mod
TT-303
Machine Drum
Octatrack
Minimoog Model D
Polivoks
JX-10 Vecoven
sammich Sid
Microwave 1
Analog 4 Keyboard
Crumar Orchestrator
Korg Prophecy
Juno 1
Casio CZ3000
Roland SH-101
Novation BS-2
SE1x
Emu 4XT Ultra
Oberheim Matrix 1000
Yamaha G10 Guitar synth
V-Synth XT
TG33
SY-35
MKS-80
Alesis Andromeda
Sequential Pro6
SE Omega 8
Roland VP-9000
Waldorf XTK
Virus TI
Korg MS-10
Korg MS-20
Logan String Melody II
Jupiter 4
Teisco synth ???
Korg DS-8
Waldorf Blofeld

That is my OTB synths

I do mix and Master myself
utilizing several tape machines
A couple of Revox B 77s
Custom German tape unit I picked up in a hamburg flea market
Revox B710 cassette
a really cool 70s Grundig portable cassette recorder
Sony VHS deck

Here is a Vid of me using my custom tape delay to add grunge



There are some pics of my studio dotted around gearslutz
nothing recent

photo attached from earlier this year below

Now for the reverbs / effects

Ensoniq DP/4
Lexicon PCM 81
Lexicon PCM 90
Behringer 2497
Strymon Big Sky ( used a lot )
Strymon El Capistan
Knas Moisturizer
Roland RE-201( used a lot )
Hiwatt Custom Tape Delay
Alesis Midiverb II
Zoom 9030
Zoom 9120
Cosmic AE-7000
Eventide H3000
Korg KP-3
some other pedals delays etc

ITB reverbs that I use on occasion, mainly use outboard in realtime
Hofa IQ
Valhalla Shimmer
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Valhalla Frequency Delay


Several line level Keyboard Mixers ( everything is plugged in )

your other questions.

How is the Album doing.......not as good as " Ghost"
trying to sell albums is tough these days and I don't really spend enough time
promoting them, so no I do not make a living doing this, this music is a bit on the obscure side to be financially viable but oh well if I did it for money
I would have got out of music a long time ago.

Do I tour....no, I've played live on the Radio in LA before
it's hard to do this music live.

not really tried pitching my recent stuff for movies
but most people tell me my stuff sounds like soundtracks.

hope this answers your questions?

And thank you again for appreciating my music folks

Cheers and happy holidays
Attached Thumbnails
Lovekrafty's new album...-studio-2015.jpg  

Last edited by lovekrafty; 10th December 2015 at 08:23 PM..
Old 10th December 2015
  #16
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekrafty View Post
Happy Holidays, this ones called "Bloom"

You spelled my name wrong, it's B L U M E

Seriously though, congrats. Really like your work, listened to it quite a bit before I joined here. Looking forward to giving this new track a listen.
Old 10th December 2015
  #17
Lives for gear
 
NuG3nda's Avatar
 

Thanks for an excellent reply

& God almighty that´s a serious kit list (deep inside I was hoping it was just affordable 2-3 analogs, a fx unit and a hello kitty picture) but your sound syncs with your kit list, I was actually going to say it sounds like you multitrack to tape, but then I thought; who does that now a days, I´ll look silly asking this.. so do you sync a few Revox B 77 together or do you just record the stereo in one take? or are you bouncing /re-sampling parts individually to tape and then to daw? whats the deal with the mini Revox and the VHS like sony tape machine ? are they just for character/compression ? ... sorry for all the questions but in this cold digital world your sound stands out as warm, human and vibrant.

Really great video btw
&
Bloom sounds absolutely brilliant .. feel like I went though a time machine back to the 70's.. very Air like

You should shop your talent (or get an agent) around the soundtrack industry, it´s good exposure and well paid and you´re up there with the best of them ..

Thank you again for the info and for sharing your music!! awesome sound!!
Old 10th December 2015
  #18
Lives for gear
Also, want to say congratulations. Really enjoy the music - so lush and relaxing. I can tell reverbs play a big part in the sound, and I've been eyeing the Big Sky for a while so seems like it's a must. Out of this long list of synths I'm curious which are your "go-tos" and which made up for most of the pads and such that you hear. All the best!
Old 10th December 2015
  #19
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuG3nda View Post
Thanks for an excellent reply

& God almighty that´s a serious kit list (deep inside I was hoping it was just affordable 2-3 analogs, a fx unit and a hello kitty picture) but your sound syncs with your kit list, I was actually going to say it sounds like you multitrack to tape, but then I thought; who does that now a days, I´ll look silly asking this.. so do you sync a few Revox B 77 together or do you just record the stereo in one take? or are you bouncing /re-sampling parts individually to tape and then to daw? whats the deal with the mini Revox and the VHS like sony tape machine ? are they just for character/compression ? ... sorry for all the questions but in this cold digital world your sound stands out as warm, human and vibrant.

Really great video btw
&
Bloom sounds absolutely brilliant .. feel like I went though a time machine back to the 70's.. very Air like

You should shop your talent (or get an agent) around the soundtrack industry, it´s good exposure and well paid and you´re up there with the best of them ..

Thank you again for the info and for sharing your music!! awesome sound!!
The tape machines etc are used in 2 ways either used as effects in essence whilst tracking, tape delays work well you can add a totally wet delay timed to
The tune , then nudged back into time after the recording.

Or as a master treatment on the 2 track, most of the sound you are hearing is
A tape / vhs or cassette chain on the 2 track at the end.

To answer Arcadias questions

Tough one, it's probably easier to pick a tune and I can hopefully remember
What was used.

My octatrack
Oberheim 1000
TR-606
Sh-101
Polivoks
Andromeda 6
V-synth xt
BS II
Microwave 1
Ms-10/20 linked together
Tg-33

See more action but each tune features different synths so.....

The Big Sky / RE-201 and PCM 81 get used a lot also

The big sky rocks it's permanently plugged into the outputs of one of my
Line mixers, I highly recommend it.

I also find Jack Daniels and Ginger Ale go a long way to my sound creation
I would start with that first
Old 10th December 2015
  #20
Lives for gear
Looks like you didn't need your Xpander after all

Sounding nice in my room over here but yeah your tracks are great and not lacking an OB or anything else
Old 10th December 2015
  #21
Gear Addict
 
weirdfishee's Avatar
 

Sir lovekrafty..

Can i ask about your synth history? What was your first main synth do you recall? Was there one synth that really helped you learn synthesis? How long would you say its taken for you to hone your craft so to speak? I love your beat work equally as much as the sonic textures you lace over everything.
Old 10th December 2015
  #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekrafty View Post
My octatrack
Oberheim 1000
TR-606
Sh-101
Polivoks
Andromeda 6
V-synth xt
BS II
Microwave 1
Ms-10/20 linked together
Tg-33
Top of the list.
My rabid fanboyism and personal love of using the Octatrack is vindicated at this point in time. Your music is as far as possible from Dataline-style Elektron music or bleep-bloop (typical view of Elektrons niche-not mine), destroying the normal myth-conceptions surrounding this device. I'd be very curious to know how you use the OT in your process. I am guessing for drums maybe?
Old 10th December 2015
  #23
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
Top of the list.
My rabid fanboyism and personal love of using the Octatrack is vindicated at this point in time. Your music is as far as possible from Dataline-style Elektron music or bleep-bloop (typical view of Elektrons niche-not mine), destroying the normal myth-conceptions surrounding this device. I'd be very curious to know how you use the OT in your process. I am guessing for drums maybe?
Sure it's at the heart of my rhythm tracks
I have a lot of tape processed loops in there along side
Loads of vintage drum machine one hit samples.

I also use it to sequence my TR-606
The other drum machines are synced

The octatrack and tr-606 mod combo are at heart of my rhythm tracks
I have yet to use my TR-909 in a track!
Old 10th December 2015
  #24
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Cubist View Post
Looks like you didn't need your Xpander after all

Sounding nice in my room over here but yeah your tracks are great and not lacking an OB or anything else
It didn't do much for me in all honesty
The OB Matrix-1000 on the other hand is all over my last album.

love that synth

Last edited by lovekrafty; 10th December 2015 at 10:13 PM..
Old 10th December 2015
  #25
Lives for gear
[QUOTE=lovekrafty;11535599] To answer Arcadias questions

Tough one, it's probably easier to pick a tune and I can hopefully remember
What was used.

So, the standouts for me (where I'd also be curious to know which synths) are:

8mm Memories
Midnight Garden
Alone
Devious (what gives it the massive wobbly, f'd up tape sound?)
Rho Ophiuchi
The Last Time

Cheers,
Old 10th December 2015
  #26
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdfishee View Post
Sir lovekrafty..

Can i ask about your synth history? What was your first main synth do you recall? Was there one synth that really helped you learn synthesis? How long would you say its taken for you to hone your craft so to speak? I love your beat work equally as much as the sonic textures you lace over everything.
Hey there weirdfishee.

The first synths I had my hands on back in 88
Was a Micromoog a Tiesco 60F and a DX7 at school
though in all honesty I didn't know what I was doing other than
rattling the classroom windows and making helicopter sounds

I did buy a Casio SK-1 in the 80's when they came out, that was fun
and experimented in college with samplers and a Juno 1

Jump forward a few years to the early 90's
and I purchased a Korg poly-61 from a junkie in Atlanta for $40
and a Poly 800, used my friends ESI-32 a lot, that was a fun learning
experience.

But I would have to say the purchase on my first analog mono synth
in the mid 90's taught me a lot about synthesis, it was a Roland SH-1 and I used it a lot in my early recordings, Also had a Emax II did a lot with that.

I would say the late 90's is when I really started exploring electronic music
but it has only been the past 5 years that my technique developed along with
my sound, really I just had to re-teach myself that not every track
had to have a certain structure and drum beat and just to write what was
popping in my head at the time as opposed to trying to force a polished
glossy production with no soul to it, much of that teaching came from the
80's mentality.

I actually enjoy listening to my more recent music now, for a long time I just pulled it apart for its inaccuracies ,I now revel the raw nature and exploration
of my music, comes with experience and age I suppose.

It's fun and it's also like a drug, there is a process I go through until it's complete and then I am spent until that energy builds up again.

Mistakes can add beautiful things to sound as can mistakes in recording
sound, these days we have the privilege of recording sound perfectly
and then choosing to add the mistakes.

Last edited by lovekrafty; 14th December 2015 at 01:57 AM..
Old 13th December 2015
  #27
Lives for gear
 
lovekrafty's Avatar
 

[QUOTE=Arcadia;11535871]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekrafty View Post
To answer Arcadias questions

Tough one, it's probably easier to pick a tune and I can hopefully remember
What was used.

So, the standouts for me (where I'd also be curious to know which synths) are:

8mm Memories
Midnight Garden
Alone
Devious (what gives it the massive wobbly, f'd up tape sound?)
Rho Ophiuchi
The Last Time

Cheers,
8mm Memories:

Microwave 1
Oberheim Matrix 1000
Roland SH-101
Large part of the sound is also Ensoniq DP/4 harmonizer preset
also PCM81 and BigSky

Midnight Garden:

Andromeda 6
Imperfect Piano
V-Synth XT
Roland Sh-101
OP-1

Alona

Oberheim Matrix 1000
JX-10
Octatrack
Polivoks
SH-101
BSII
Korg MS-10 / MS-20 Linked


Devious:
Imperfect Pianos through Cassette Deck

Rho Ophiuchi:

V-synth XT
TG-33
Oberheim Matrix 1000

The Last Time:

TG-33
V-synth XT

Last edited by lovekrafty; 13th December 2015 at 06:19 PM..
Old 13th December 2015
  #28
"Orange? Yeah...that's right..."
Old 13th December 2015
  #29
Lives for gear
 
Snorktop's Avatar
 

its juicy like refreshing nectars in the desert
Old 13th December 2015
  #30
Very nice work Sir Lovekrafty!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump