The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help Needed with Nord 3
Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear
Help Needed with Nord 3

The manual is silent on this subject (the panic button is ineffective).

I need to "reset" my Nord 3. Mine's a rack, but that shouldn't matter. My 1 year old girl likes to stand up before my rack and twiddle the knobs on the Nord (mainly because of the visual feedback they give), and apparently at some point in the past few days, she's either hung that part of the machine, or the power outage the other night left everything intact except for the way the synth reads the rotary encoders (everything else works fine).

The problem is that the rotaries -- all of them, not just one or two (like on my Q) -- register really erratic, jumpy, slow-turning values when they are turned steadily in one or another direction. The fact that this is across the board makes me think a software reset of some sort should cure it. The buttons all still work fine. None of the other features are affected.

I've read the manual and index, but nothing therein appears to address my problem. Does anyone here have the key sequence required to full-on zap the machine? I don't care about losing the memory, I'm backed up so it's not an issue. I just want my easy-action front-panel back!!!

Your advice is well appreciated. Regards,

vic
Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear

reloading the OS might do the work, but to be 100% sure send email to clavia technical support, you will get an answer quick ...

check the contact page on their website .

good luck !
Old 14th January 2007
Lives for gear
Thanks Cos. The issue thankfully resolved itself when I reset my midi interface. I forgot to turn it off during the power outage (remembered all the other gear though), and when it came back on with the restoration of power it must've gotten a good enough shock to hang it, sending a constant, garbled stream of nonsense data to all the instruments it's hooked up to. Cycled power on the amt8 and all is again right and proper with the world.

I was beginning to feel sorry for myself for having a $1200 piece of gear take a royal "needs replacement" dump... Now back to the music!

v

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search