The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
MAM MB33 Retro "Analog Bass Synthesizer Expander"
Old 13th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapro View Post
Lovely, a great compliment to the TB3 it does resonance so much better though. I do need to spend more time fiddling with the indented pots on the back to get it 'just right'. Will feed it through distortion tomorrow.
the rear adjusters are a lot of the sound imo , enjoy the game

btw i love the track, funk on baby

where on our island are you >? middle ?
Old 14th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
the rear adjusters are a lot of the sound imo , enjoy the game

btw i love the track, funk on baby

where on our island are you >? middle ?
South west, near Glastonbury
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Anyone have any tips for the back adjusters? I have them both set to 12 o clock and it sounds pretty good. I'd like it to be as close to 303 sounding as possible. I really like this synth!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhonma View Post
Anyone have any tips for the back adjusters? I have them both set to 12 o clock and it sounds pretty good. I'd like it to be as close to 303 sounding as possible. I really like this synth!
Well it has a bigger range so go minimum and work from there , of course it's also about how it's sequenced to get closer to 303

Said it before but I'll say it again, mine behaves differently if it's seq: from maschine or octatrack, try the same line with diff sequencers to see if you notice any changes

Honestly I've no idea where mine are at as I changed them long ago and haven't looked back , I probably should but I like its current state and they are hidden due to its location in a desk

It is a great little wonder I agree
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Well it has a bigger range so go minimum and work from there , of course it's also about how it's sequenced to get closer to 303

Said it before but I'll say it again, mine behaves differently if it's seq: from maschine or octatrack, try the same line with diff sequencers to see if you notice any changes

Honestly I've no idea where mine are at as I changed them long ago and haven't looked back , I probably should but I like its current state and they are hidden due to its location in a desk

It is a great little wonder I agree
Edit: was talking out of my arse! Slide works fine with BSP, only tried it briefly late last night and must have done it wrong. Will try the Zaquencer on it later as well.

Awesome sound btw! Wasn’t totally enamoured at first as the filter curve seemed really jumpy but fiddling with the pot on the back seems to have made it better to my ear, plus putting some time into it is definitely required to find those sweet spots. Was also slightly disappointed with how wobbly all the knobs are (except resonance, strangely) - is this the case with everyone else’s?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb View Post
Edit: was talking out of my arse! Slide works fine with BSP, only tried it briefly late last night and must have done it wrong. Will try the Zaquencer on it later as well.

Awesome sound btw! Wasn’t totally enamoured at first as the filter curve seemed really jumpy but fiddling with the pot on the back seems to have made it better to my ear, plus putting some time into it is definitely required to find those sweet spots. Was also slightly disappointed with how wobbly all the knobs are (except resonance, strangely) - is this the case with everyone else’s?
Mine are slightly wobbly but nothing too bad. What do you have your pots on the back at? Mine are both are 12 o clock but I'm looking for suggestions if you have any. It's so fun!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

Mine are pretty wobbly too. Loving its sound though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

yup, wobbly pots but it has stood fine for a year now with no signs of any changes and it has been used a lot so don't stress it, obviously just a weak design but for a hundred quid i can't complain and the sound is killer so

yes for a simple box there are some secrets/sweetspots to be found

edit: OK i had to check my settings, offset is about 4pm or 10pm whichever way you prefer to view the arrow and the scale is at 5pm or 11pm , i really like these settings and it has been that way for as long as i can remember
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search